Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-26-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He's a joke. Softest player on this team in a long long time.
At least Tim Carter played and the got hurt. But Beckum needs to do something. Give me couple good plays at least.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I love how BBI uses the Mr. Softee ice cream truck icon when talking about him. Makes me laugh every time.
Oh they HAATE him. I don't blame them. The guy is wasting a roster spot. Of all people, this was a game that begged Travis Beckum to have a coming out party.

The opportunity was staring him dead in the face.

Instead, he acts like a football is a medicine ball and rolls over and falls on his own. God I hate him.
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we have better depth at DT this year so we can sub in and out a lot more which should keep everyone more fresh.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I forgot to mention how well Rocky is playing this year so far also. The DT rotation we have right now is actually looking really good from Canty down to Kennedy. Rocky has really stepped his game and has looked very good all through preseason and now the 3 games so far this year. It's been one of our strengths this year.
Rocky got the best hit on Vick all day. I still don't think all the hits we got on him were all that hard.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://nflcommunications.com/2011/09...a-eagles-game/
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Rocky got the best hit on Vick all day. I still don't think all the hits we got on him were all that hard.
Yeah Rocky was smart and was able to tackle him so his head got hit into the ground. He's such a pansy though. Eli had some hits that were just as "questionable" and you don't hear a peep out of him ever.

sig by BoneKrusher
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations on the win yesterday guys. I didn't see the game, but I always enjoy an Eagles loss, especially since they were such heavy favorites going into the season. :)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Well Barden is next. I have 2 eyes on him. Granted he is PUP and has to wait until week 6. But he better be ready by then!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite part of Rocky's tackle was how he used Vick's shoulder as a crutch as he picked himself up off the floor haha.

I'm probably savoring this victory too much, but dammit we needed this one.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Well Barden is next. I have 2 eyes on him. Granted he is PUP and has to wait until week 6. But he better be ready by then!
He's another one. To me, this is a make or break year for him. Enough with the excuses. Suck it up, get on the field, and make a play. He has ability, he just needs to stay healthy and/or play through pain.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

At least Barden showed us something in the Cowboys game last year. I agree he needs to get on the field already but at least we have something to look back on. Beckum has done literally nothing except for that TD against the Lions last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah Rocky was smart and was able to tackle him so his head got hit into the ground. He's such a pansy though. Eli had some hits that were just as "questionable" and you don't hear a peep out of him ever.
True. The non call face mask was the most questionable of all the hits on either QB. If I was a ref I'd stop helping Vick to his feet anymore.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
He's another one. To me, this is a make or break year for him. Enough with the excuses. Suck it up, get on the field, and make a play. He has ability, he just needs to stay healthy and/or play through pain.
He flashed in the cowboy game, and then got broken on us. Can we get someone who flashes and stays healthy? Is that too much to ask for?
Old 09-26-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I can't say for sure, but was that pass to Beckum the only snap he had all game?

I think Eli's face said it all after that play. That might have been his last chance to make an impression. I can't envision him staying on this roster next year.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I can't say for sure, but was that pass to Beckum the only snap he had all game?

I think Eli's face said it all after that play. That might have been his last chance to make an impression. I can't envision him staying on this roster next year.
Yeah I said it during the game but for Eli to show him up like that you know how frustrated he is with him. You don't see Eli get that "emotional" on the field often.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Yeah I said it during the game but for Eli to show him up like that you know how frustrated he is with him. You don't see Eli get that "emotional" on the field often.
Every time I see the replay of him just fumbling around after catching it, it just ticks me off so much.

And how is he listed at 230? The guy is 210 lbs soaking wet.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I want to see more check downs and throws to Ballard. I like that new element. No more stupid mistakes, if the play isn't there throw it to Jacobs or Bradshaw. And all Ballard does is catch the ball. Has he dropped any yet? I'd like to see what he can do. He is a pleasant surprise.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Oh, and J. Williams LB # 57 is fast as anything. He came in so fast on Vick on a blitz that resulted in an int off of Smith's hands to Ross. I want to see him blitz more. If the QB is not mobile, Williams flattens him out!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Jernigan fitting in so far?
Old 09-26-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How is Jernigan fitting in so far?
Very well....on the inactive list! : P

Same with Scott RB. Actually, I think he was active, but didn't play yesterday. No OTAs or mini camp in our system is tough, especially at the WR position.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Very well....on the inactive list! : P

Same with Scott RB. Actually, I think he was active, but didn't play yesterday. No OTAs or mini camp in our system is tough, especially at the WR position.
Just curious because I'll be comparing Jernigan to Dwayne Harris as they develop their careers. Harris hasn't had a shot to do anything other than return kicks, but I do foresee him as a future core guy in the receiving corps.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In honor of his two sack game, I will now be wearing this sig all season long

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Just curious because I'll be comparing Jernigan to Dwayne Harris as they develop their careers. Harris hasn't had a shot to do anything other than return kicks, but I do foresee him as a future core guy in the receiving corps.
It's too early to dismiss the guy, but Jernigan reminds me a lot of Sinorice Moss.....so it's safe to say I'm not very thrilled with him so far.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but BBD is also a known pessimist and he's a rookie coming into a season where there were no OTA's and getting thrown into an offense that guys who've been here 3+ years still barely grasp.

just saying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Canty is quietly having a very good season as well. All our DTs as you've mentioned.

But like last year, these guys wore out at the end of the season. Canty and Boley in particular were 2 guys that have started out but then fizzled out after 8 weeks. Just ran out of juice.

So I'm curious to see if that happens again or if they can sustain success this season.
That's why I'm so stoked about the depth DTs playing well so far. That should help keep Canty fresh and keeping our DTs effective will keep Boley fresh. *crosses fingers and sacrifices a goat*

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 09-26-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote