Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-26-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
but BBD is also a known pessimist and he's a rookie coming into a season where there were no OTA's and getting thrown into an offense that guys who've been here 3+ years still barely grasp.

just saying!
To be fair, I was raving about JPP, Joseph and Petrus right away, as I did with Nicks, Phillips, Steve Smith, etc. And all have proven that they're going to be very good or great players in this league.

The guys I've been meh about: Barden, Beckum, Beatty, so far only Beatty and has proven me somewhat wrong. Barden still has a chance, but it's looking bleak.

And this year I'm not very high on Austin and Jernigan. We'll see how they pan out. I wanted Paea and Foster.

Or Nevis in the 3rd. I think we'd be better off with Foster than Jernigan right now, that's for sure.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
He flashed in the cowboy game, and then got broken on us. Can we get someone who flashes and stays healthy? Is that too much to ask for?
Yes, yes it is.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants are one of 5 teams interested in Aaron Curry.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay give me Curry. He cant hurt us even if he does not work out.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'd have to trade for him. Asking price might be to high.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-26-2011, 06:41 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We'd have to trade for him. Asking price might be to high.
I doubt he cost more then a 5th rd pick. Which is worth the gamble imo.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Victor Cruz emergence means no Sanu for you right? :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY ***** MOUTH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I doubt he cost more then a 5th rd pick. Which is worth the gamble imo.
Don't be so sure about that, I heard his contract cost goes down significantly after this year (or something like that), and he was just starting. Plus parting with a future first round pick, especially that high, idk if Seattle would ship him out for just a 5th.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
Don't be so sure about that, I heard his contract cost goes down significantly after this year (or something like that), and he was just starting. Plus parting with a future first round pick, especially that high, idk if Seattle would ship him out for just a 5th.
Didn't they just bench him? I doubt anybody on the market is offering picks that high for him. Does Seattle want to pay him his full salary when he is a backup. Probably not since they are shopping him.

Teams know that they are looking to dump him and his salary. Kind of hurts the Seahawks position of getting more value for him.

Why would we have to deal a future first?
Old 09-27-2011, 07:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The rumor was they are asking for a 3rd. I don't see them getting that though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-27-2011, 07:14 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
No you'll just have to deal with Nicks, Sanu, Mario, Cruz, and hopefully Barden.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-27-2011, 07:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want Curry. He fixes nothing. He's a marginal NFL player, plus he'd cost a pick.

Plus, he'd be a reason why we wouldn't aggressively go after linebackers in the draft, and I want us to avoid that path at all costs.

You know who I do want?

Oh yeaaaaah...Eli to Moss baby.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:45 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't want Curry. He fixes nothing. He's a marginal NFL player, plus he'd cost a pick.

Plus, he'd be a reason why we wouldn't aggressively go after linebackers in the draft, and I want us to avoid that path at all costs.

You know who I do want?

Oh yeaaaaah...Eli to Moss baby.
Not with Cruz doing well. I think if all our guys stunk, we can make a case. But Cruz had a sick game. Mario comes back, so now let's see how things go. I am curious on how many home runs we can hit. We have explosive ability with 3 WRs. Let's see what happens.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:48 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do The Eagles Still Believe Graham Is Better Than Pierre-Paul?

http://gcobb.com/2011/09/26/do-the-e...n-pierre-paul/
Old 09-27-2011, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Do The Eagles Still Believe Graham Is Better Than Pierre-Paul?

http://gcobb.com/2011/09/26/do-the-e...n-pierre-paul/
I liked Graham better than JPP but after 1 year plus I don't think you can say that anymore. They're just trying to save face.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-27-2011, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I liked Graham better than JPP but after 1 year plus I don't think you can say that anymore. They're just trying to save face.
I didn't know people really thought that. Graham isn't a prototypical DE. He probably should still be a 3-4 OLB.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:58 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I actually forgot they drafted him. I keep comparing him to the Titans DE. Supposedly, they saw JPP was the next Kearse but we got him before they did.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I just really didn't like JPP at all. Like I said I should have known better though because his work ethic and motor were always considered his best tools coming into the draft and we are obviously great at teaching the rest.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-27-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I just really didn't like JPP at all. Like I said I should have known better though because his work ethic and motor were always considered his best tools coming into the draft and we are obviously great at teaching the rest.
Why? He was a classic boom or bust pick. And on top of that he had very little football experience since he started late. He was just still learning. It's not a far fetched idea to think this was a terrible pick at the time. Plus it was DE, yet again!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't like it either. But I really didn't like Graham. Especially for us. But he's not the type of DE we'd ever take anyway.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I didn't mind us picking DE at all. I wanted Morgan at the time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-27-2011, 09:07 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I wanted Spiller.. Then he and McClain were gone back to back. So then perhaps a WR like Bryant. DE was the last position. BPA would suggest Bryant. But apparently JPP was high on our draft board. I remember reading 7th on our board.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Why? He was a classic boom or bust pick. And on top of that he had very little football experience since he started late. He was just still learning. It's not a far fetched idea to think this was a terrible pick at the time. Plus it was DE, yet again!
There were some signs that we could have looked at it as a positive pick though. The Giants know what they're doing when they draft a DE as the #1 reason. His work ethic, motor, and unbelievable tools as the others. I've never seen anyone with arms like his. The downside was he was extremely raw and at the time I definitely chose to harp on that more. Credit to BBD, Rosebud, and Forenci for thinking otherwise.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-27-2011, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

We would never take Bryant. That was a dream. I wanted Bulaga.