Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-27-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember I was riding on the Sean Weatherspoon bandwagon, well Reese once again proved to me, at least in terms of the draft, in him I trust.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
We would never take Bryant. That was a dream. I wanted Bulaga.
Yeah I know. But he was BPA though, so maybe we might have. At least there was a small hope that something like that would happen once Spiller left. But once I saw JPP's face light up, I was sooo mad! That's usually before the pick when the team calls the player.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted Weatherspoon. He's been doing pretty well in Atlanta I think, but I'm a-ok with JPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was all over the place before the draft.

I loved McClain. Then I hated McClain.

I likened Morgan to Tuck, then I likened Morgan to a career 8 sack a season guy.

I LOVED Graham. That never changed.

I liked JPP, then I was intrigued by JPP, then I loved JPP.

Intrigued by Spiller, then loved him. Loved Weatherspoon, then softened my stance on him, then loved him again, then wasn't sure where I stood on him and my manlove for JPP started to take over.

To me, once McClain, Graham and Spiller were off the board, it was a no brainer to me to grab JPP.

I was considering Spoon bc I loved Spoon too, but I felt JPP had much more potential at a premium position and we couldn't pass it up. And as I stated many times prior to the draft, DE was a need. It wasn't a luxury pick. You gotta think long term, and with Kiwi probably not resigning, Osi probably leaving, and Tuck always getting hurt, JPP definitely filled a long term need.

Like Prince this year. Prince was not a luxury pick. Prince was a need. We need CBs. Yeah, I know most won't agree with that, but we do. CBs take a year to develop, and a year from now, Ross will be gone, and maybe even Thomas if we don't resign him after tearing his ACL. Plus Webster is getting older.

So yes, CB was a need. And by drafting him a year early, we plug and chug. No learning curve when he's needed in the starting lineup (although injuries this year have forced our hand to hope we can survive his rookie learning curve).
Old 09-27-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Besides QB everything is pretty much always a need in today's NFL. I'm really not mad at the position we go in more so the player.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I was all over the place before the draft.

I loved McClain. Then I hated McClain.

I likened Morgan to Tuck, then I likened Morgan to a career 8 sack a season guy.

I LOVED Graham. That never changed.

I liked JPP, then I was intrigued by JPP, then I loved JPP.

Intrigued by Spiller, then loved him. Loved Weatherspoon, then softened my stance on him, then loved him again, then wasn't sure where I stood on him and my manlove for JPP started to take over.

To me, once McClain, Graham and Spiller were off the board, it was a no brainer to me to grab JPP.

I was considering Spoon bc I loved Spoon too, but I felt JPP had much more potential at a premium position and we couldn't pass it up. And as I stated many times prior to the draft, DE was a need. It wasn't a luxury pick. You gotta think long term, and with Kiwi probably not resigning, Osi probably leaving, and Tuck always getting hurt, JPP definitely filled a long term need.

Like Prince this year. Prince was not a luxury pick. Prince was a need. We need CBs. Yeah, I know most won't agree with that, but we do. CBs take a year to develop, and a year from now, Ross will be gone, and maybe even Thomas if we don't resign him after tearing his ACL. Plus Webster is getting older.

So yes, CB was a need. And by drafting him a year early, we plug and chug. No learning curve when he's needed in the starting lineup (although injuries this year have forced our hand to hope we can survive his rookie learning curve).

hahaha no that's funny.. Bipolar BBD!

She loves me.. She loves me not.. she loves me.. she loves me not!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Besides QB everything is pretty much always a need in today's NFL. I'm really not mad at the position we go in more so the player.
You can make an argument for oline too. If your starting 5 is set for awhile, you shouldn't draft a olinemen in the 1st round since he won't see the field.

You can draft middle round guys to develop for depth, but a 1st round LT for example is a waste if you already have for example Doug Free and Tyron Smith like the Cowboys for example.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
hahaha no that's funny.. Bipolar BBD!

She loves me.. She loves me not.. she loves me.. she loves me not!
Haha, yup, that's just how it is. You see some games, you love the guy, then you go back and watch em again and see other games where they didn't do too hot, then you hate em, then you see more and love em again.

Sometimes it's overanalysis, sometimes it's due dilligence and you realize your initial analysis was wrong (that happens a lot when I go back and rewatch Giants games), it's just part of the process.

I don't really watch college football, so I usually go back and watch old DVR'd games that I record during the season but never watch until around draft time when I hear about a prospect that might intrigue me during the season.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Haha, yup, that's just how it is. You see some games, you love the guy, then you go back and watch em again and see other games where they didn't do too hot, then you hate em, then you see more and love em again.

Sometimes it's overanalysis, sometimes it's due dilligence and you realize your initial analysis was wrong (that happens a lot when I go back and rewatch Giants games), it's just part of the process.

I don't really watch college football, so I usually go back and watch old DVR'd games that I record during the season but never watch until around draft time when I hear about a prospect that might intrigue me during the season.
I don't watch college games that much. I stick to PRO football and that's it. Don't watch any other sport. I will watch cricket or college, Boston U, hockey if they are on tv. Other than that I stick to one sport.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I don't watch college games that much. I stick to PRO football and that's it. Don't watch any other sport. I will watch cricket or college, Boston U, hockey if they are on tv. Other than that I stick to one sport.
NFL and NBA. Those are my 2.

I really only start getting interested in prospects once the bowl games start. I think that's the best time to truly evaluate these guys bc you know the competition is up to snuff.

I don't care if they beat down scrubs all other games, I wanna see how they perform when the playing field is somewhat even.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must have an addiction because I pretty much follow everything. MLB and NFL are my two favorites but I also follow closely both Rutgers men's teams and both college sports in general. The last few years I've really picked up soccer as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-27-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I must have an addiction because I pretty much follow everything. MLB and NFL are my two favorites but I also follow closely both Rutgers men's teams and both college sports in general. The last few years I've really picked up soccer as well.
This minus wasting my time on Rutgers. I also watch the NHL. Although not as much as I used to.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...bunch-of-bull/

Pereira calls Vick’s complaints “a bunch of bull”
Old 09-27-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...bunch-of-bull/

Pereira calls Vick’s complaints “a bunch of bull”
Pretty much everyone has called him out on it except for Tom Jackson, Cris Carter, and Keyshawn on ESPN last night.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-27-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Is it just me, or did Steve Smith look depressed out there on Sunday?

Maybe it's just me projecting my own feelings onto him, but he doesn't seem happy with the Eagles.

Even on Twitter, he changed his name from SteveSmithNY to SteveSmithWR. Not really acknowledging the Philly side to him now. I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into it.

But my guess is he regrets the decision.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he certainly doesn't play as much. I'm sure that could make anyone disgruntled.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well he certainly doesn't play as much. I'm sure that could make anyone disgruntled.
Steve Smith is a guy who actually looks and plays much better in our system than any other system.

Put him in a WCO, and he's nothing more than Jason Avant. Put him in our system where he can use his noggin to get open, and he's a stud.

He's a good player in any system, but a great player in this system. And I think this year will expose that.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

This is a big trap game for us.

I don't expect us to have a clean game like we did vs Philly. I can see us playing ugly. I don't care how we do it, but we have to come out of there with a W.

We really need to rip off a bunch of wins now during the soft part of the schedule to have a chance to make the playoffs, bc the 2nd half of the season is so damn brutal. Even if we go 7-1, I can see us finishing 9-7 potentially bc our 2nd half schedule is so brutal.

So we really need to cash in while we have a chance.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
This is a big trap game for us.

I don't expect us to have a clean game like we did vs Philly. I can see us playing ugly. I don't care how we do it, but we have to come out of there with a W.

We really need to rip off a bunch of wins now during the soft part of the schedule to have a chance to make the playoffs, bc the 2nd half of the season is so damn brutal. Even if we go 7-1, I can see us finishing 9-7 potentially bc our 2nd half schedule is so brutal.

So we really need to cash in while we have a chance.
Tuck said he and the whole team are already aware that this could be considered a trap game. With a veteran team like ours we should be able to keep the momentum going. I don't expect as good an effort but any win will do.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-27-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Tuck said he and the whole team are already aware that this could be considered a trap game. With a veteran team like ours we should be able to keep the momentum going. I don't expect as good an effort but any win will do.
I just want a win. I don't care how ugly it is. Just win.

Hopefully Fewell doesn't fall in love with Cover 2 this week. It's sad that I can't go into games confident in my DC. When we had Spags, I never thought about the gameplan on defense being weak going into the game. You just knew Spags had it on lock.

But with Fewell...I just don't trust this guy to bring it every week. I just don't.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I just want a win. I don't care how ugly it is. Just win.

Hopefully Fewell doesn't fall in love with Cover 2 this week. It's sad that I can't go into games confident in my DC. When we had Spags, I never thought about the gameplan on defense being weak going into the game. You just knew Spags had it on lock.

But with Fewell...I just don't trust this guy to bring it every week. I just don't.
I'll give the coordinators a little leeway for the next few weeks because of how good they were against the Eagles. Both Gilbride and Fewell really "brought" it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-27-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Is it just me, or did Steve Smith look depressed out there on Sunday?

Maybe it's just me projecting my own feelings onto him, but he doesn't seem happy with the Eagles.

Even on Twitter, he changed his name from SteveSmithNY to SteveSmithWR. Not really acknowledging the Philly side to him now. I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into it.

But my guess is he regrets the decision.
I am not sure if he regrets it, but it looks like he may. He used to be very active on twitter and facebook. Allowing giants fans to win autographs and such. Now people who follow him say he isn't really tweeting or as active.

Philly fans think of him as a big middle finger to us, and we hate him. So basically he has no fan base, except probably USC fans.

Also, he is not a the go to guy anymore. Different system.. No more 107 catches in that offense. They have way too many weapons. And those WRs can convert 3rd downs and hit the home runs for scores.

He is just a regular WR in that system VS a pro bowl WR in our system. Sometimes taking the money can lead to other issues.

I always followed Gilbril Wilson since he left. The guy can't stay healthy and has been bounced from team to team since he left us for the money.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I am not sure if he regrets it, but it looks like he may. He used to be very active on twitter and facebook. Allowing giants fans to win autographs and such. Now people who follow him say he isn't really tweeting or as active.

Philly fans think of him as a big middle finger to us, and we hate him. So basically he has no fan base, except probably USC fans.

Also, he is not a the go to guy anymore. Different system.. No more 107 catches in that offense. They have way too many weapons. And those WRs can convert 3rd downs and hit the home runs for scores.

He is just a regular WR in that system VS a pro bowl WR in our system. Sometimes taking the money can lead to other issues.

I always followed Gilbril Wilson since he left. The guy can't stay healthy and has been bounced from team to team since he left us for the money.
I don't hate Steve. I'd love to have him back next year. I tweet him every now and then telling him he's still a Giant and to come home next year lol.

Quote:
I'll give the coordinators a little leeway for the next few weeks because of how good they were against the Eagles. Both Gilbride and Fewell really "brought" it.
Oh trust me. You say that now, but the night is young. If we lose this week and Gilbride is going empty set all game and Fewell is having our CBs play 15 yards off the line every play, you'll sing a different tune.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I don't hate Steve. I'd love to have him back next year. I tweet him every now and then telling him he's still a Giant and to come home next year lol.

Oh trust me. You say that now, but the night is young. If we lose this week and Gilbride is going empty set all game and Fewell is having our CBs play 15 yards off the line every play, you'll sing a different tune.
Haha most likely but I'd like to give them a little room. We still played that soft zone a lot against the Eagles but we were closing much better on it. Hopefully the one big game from Cruz makes opposing secondaries focus just a little more on him leaving Nicks and Mario a little more space. I really don't know if I could name more than 3 defensive players on the Cards right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-27-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Hahaha!

Dear Steve Smith

This is your friend BBD.

Please Steve, come home.. I still love you.. Don't leave. We can make it work. Our fan bases doesn't totally hate you. And you're the only WR with a PHd! Please come back to us! Please.......

Always yours!

BBD

: P