Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-27-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Hahaha!

Dear Steve Smith

This is your friend BBD.

Please Steve, come home.. I still love you.. Don't leave. We can make it work. Our fan bases doesn't totally hate you. And you're the only WR with a PHd! Please come back to us! Please.......

Always yours!

BBD

: P
That's actually pretty accurate haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Haha most likely but I'd like to give them a little room. We still played that soft zone a lot against the Eagles but we were closing much better on it. Hopefully the one big game from Cruz makes opposing secondaries focus just a little more on him leaving Nicks and Mario a little more space. I really don't know if I could name more than 3 defensive players on the Cards right now.
Daryl Washington is supposedly a beast in the making. I really liked him as an OLB in a 4-3, thought it was a huge mistake throwing him inside in a 3-4. Turns out he's still beasting it, which is good.

I thought the Colts were a lock to draft him in round 1.

We should beat this team. But that long trip plus this being a trap game, I'm confident in the win, but it wouldn't shock me if we lost. I just think we're feeling a little overconfident after this Eagles game. This team still has a lot to work on.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Washington is one of the guys I know because he's actually who I wanted with our 2nd Rd pick last year. I was extremely happy with the Joseph pick but Washington was #1 on my board at the time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Washington is one of the guys I know because he's actually who I wanted with our 2nd Rd pick last year. I was extremely happy with the Joseph pick but Washington was #1 on my board at the time.
At the time, while I loved him as a player, I didn't want him bc I thought he was strictly an OLB, and we had Boley firmly in 1 OLB spot and Sintim firmly in the other.

Whoops.

I'm very happy with Joseph though.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not complaining believe me. Joseph might be one of my favorites already.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-27-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That's actually pretty accurate haha

Daryl Washington is supposedly a beast in the making. I really liked him as an OLB in a 4-3, thought it was a huge mistake throwing him inside in a 3-4. Turns out he's still beasting it, which is good.

I thought the Colts were a lock to draft him in round 1.

We should beat this team. But that long trip plus this being a trap game, I'm confident in the win, but it wouldn't shock me if we lost. I just think we're feeling a little overconfident after this Eagles game. This team still has a lot to work on.
It's weird cause I never really thought about him in a 3-4 until he got drafted but I liked the fit. Seemed like Timmons in Pittsburgh scenario where his athleticism would get him chances to fly around and attack from different angles. Plus Arizona has a pretty beefy DL if it's the Dockett-Dan Williams-Campbell lineup I think they utilize...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Didn't they just bench him? I doubt anybody on the market is offering picks that high for him. Does Seattle want to pay him his full salary when he is a backup. Probably not since they are shopping him.

Teams know that they are looking to dump him and his salary. Kind of hurts the Seahawks position of getting more value for him.

Why would we have to deal a future first?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
...and he was just starting
I probably should've been more clear, but you are correct he did get benched. I also said his salary goes down (seattle fan said it in a discussion about Curry in NFL Forum).

With his salary not mattering much, no one else has leverage. So if teams think they can coach him up, the Seahawks will hear offers probably or 3rd/4th round range value. Clipboard Jesus warranted a 3rd round pick right?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I probably should've been more clear, but you are correct he did get benched. I also said his salary goes down (seattle fan said it in a discussion about Curry in NFL Forum).

With his salary not mattering much, no one else has leverage. So if teams think they can coach him up, the Seahawks will hear offers probably or 3rd/4th round range value. Clipboard Jesus warranted a 3rd round pick right?
Ya I know his salary goes down. However they still have to pay him before the decrease that happens next season. I doubt they want to pay him that money just to sit on the bench. Seattle clearly wants to get rid of him. Teams know this and it does not help the Seahawks leverage.

I can see a 4th rounder from a team desperate for a LB.

Carroll's over paying for Whitehurst does not mean Curry has a third round trade value.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...1&#post2692781

apparently only got offered a 6th, sounds like the giants could be in on this. We have 7 linebackers listed on our roster. 3 are UFA, 1 is really a DE, 1 is strictly a longsnapper, 1 is a late round draft pick and a rookie, and 1 is a legitimate starter.

Edit: Right now we have no room for injury, a 6th round pick is worth it for a team like us

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 09-27-2011 at 10:45 PM.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...1&#post2692781

apparently only got offered a 6th, sounds like the giants could be in on this. We have 7 linebackers listed on our roster. 3 are UFA, 1 is really a DE, 1 is strictly a longsnapper, 1 is a late round draft pick and a rookie, and 1 is a legitimate starter.

Edit: Right now we have no room for injury, a 6th round pick is worth it for a team like us
If that is true wow that is even less then I expected. Plus if the odd chance it happens and he ends up working out you help out the pass rush more cause it gives Kiwi more snaps at end.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Eh. I just don't like Curry. I liked him as a college prospect, but his skills have always been exaggerated. He was a 4-3 SAM who had no business going that high. I know that's hindsight talking, but that's the reality of it.

I just don't want us to trade for Curry only to pass up on LBs in the draft bc of it. Plus I like what I see out of Williams right now, I don't want to take snaps away from him.

Plus Curry's contract is coming up soon. Even if he is a good player, you'll have to pay him soon. So it's a very short term rental. I say no thanks, let's keep what we have and see how they develop.

Sometimes you gotta put some faith in your young talent.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I agree with BBD. Williams has me very intrigued right now and I'd rather keep throwing him out there to if he sinks or swims. He had such a great game against the Eagles and we haven't seen such speed from one of our LB since possibly Barrett Green if you guys remember him. The more I see that McCoy play the more giddy I am about his potential. Kiwi had his best game of the year as well and I believe they were moving him around a bit more. With some of our "easier" opponents coming up I'd like these guys to get as much time on the field as possible.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-28-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Aaah, Barrett Green. The infamous Barrett Green. How many games did he wind up playing for us? 3? 4? That was so frustrating.

Yeah I definitely want to see Williams out there. Let him develop. We might have something in him.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Aaah, Barrett Green. The infamous Barrett Green. How many games did he wind up playing for us? 3? 4? That was so frustrating.

Yeah I definitely want to see Williams out there. Let him develop. We might have something in him.
Don't they play 2 different positions?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Don't they play 2 different positions?
They were both LB.

BBD he actually played in 10 games for us starting 9.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-28-2011, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They were both LB.

BBD he actually played in 10 games for us starting 9.
I'm talking about Curry and Williams. I don't think trading for Curry would necessarily mean less playing time for Williams. If anything it would allow Kiwi to play DE full time if Curry could start.

It seems to me what we have been doing, correct me if I'm wrong I drink too much during the games, is that Williams comes in with Boley in nickel. With Kiwi playing more on the line at Philly, were Jones, Boley, and Williams ever out there at the same time?
Old 09-28-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I'm talking about Curry and Williams. I don't think trading for Curry would necessarily mean less playing time for Williams. If anything it would allow Kiwi to play DE full time if Curry could start.

It seems to me what we have been doing, correct me if I'm wrong I drink too much during the games, is that Williams comes in with Boley in nickel. With Kiwi playing more on the line at Philly, were Jones, Boley, and Williams ever out there at the same time?
They are giving Williams more to do now. At first he was just in on nickel situations but now they are giving him more packages which is why we saw Kiwi on the line a bit more. Williams is on the goal line stuff now so he was probably out there with Boley and Jones during the big goal line stand.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-28-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I still like the potential deal if it is only for a 6th rounder. The upside would just be too much. Even if he never pans out I think it is worth the risk.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still like the potential deal if it is only for a 6th rounder. The upside would just be too much. Even if he never pans out I think it is worth the risk.
I agree. I still think Curry could be a very good NFL linebacker. Sometimes, all it takes is a change of scenery to bring out your potential. I think that is the case with Curry.

and the price is so low, that it's worth the risk. If he plays poorly, just don't resign him to a new contract after next year.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

We actually ran a lot of 34 style looks vs the Eagles. And brought a lot of A gap pressure up the middle with our blitzes. We moved Kiwi around quite a bit, and we did the same with Williams.

Wiliams played in a lot of packages bc we wanted his speed on the field vs the Eagles. I don't know if he has a true set role in our defense just yet. It seems like they're doing a variety of things with him and figuring out how they want to use him as they go along.

I think none of us, including the coaching staff knew prior to the latter end of the preseason how good of a blitzer Williams is. He's a very good blitzer.

So his package is getting bigger during the game. Him and Stokely.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I definitely missed the Stokely package thing. How did that start?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-28-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
We actually ran a lot of 34 style looks vs the Eagles. And brought a lot of A gap pressure up the middle with our blitzes. We moved Kiwi around quite a bit, and we did the same with Williams.

Wiliams played in a lot of packages bc we wanted his speed on the field vs the Eagles. I don't know if he has a true set role in our defense just yet. It seems like they're doing a variety of things with him and figuring out how they want to use him as they go along.

I think none of us, including the coaching staff knew prior to the latter end of the preseason how good of a blitzer Williams is. He's a very good blitzer.

So his package is getting bigger during the game. Him and Stokely.
Mine was too. Especially when Vick left the game.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I definitely missed the Stokely package thing. How did that start?
youtube "manning stokely"
Old 09-28-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Mine was too. Especially when Vick left the game.
Same.

But then when I heard he'll play this week, it got smaller again.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Osi is returning to practice today!!

Tuck will not be practicing today.

Sounds like Prince will still be about 2-3 weeks away.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-28-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Osi is returning to practice today!!

Tuck will not be practicing today.

Sounds like Prince will still be about 2-3 weeks away.
I'd like for Prince to be ready in 2 weeks, just so he can get some snaps in before the rough part of the schedule comes up. We're going to need him for that stretch.

Realistically, if he does give us anything this season, he'd start peaking around the time the playoffs start. If we get to the playoffs.