Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-30-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously Muschamp would be the best choice, it's just such a perfect fit. Ive wanted the guy for years now! I know there is damn near no chance of it happening, but Florida does have Charlie Weiss already on the staff who could take over right away if we did take Muschamp.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll keep Perry Fewell around for the foreseeable future unless he gets a HC gig, for which he'd have to do some really incredible things with our D. I still like him, his tendency to revert to off zones when he doesn't trust his secondary is a bummer, although that's something that should improve as we get Prince back and PF can trust the secondary more, but he's created some good pressure and has our team stepping up and making important plays.

Muschamp would be really amazing if Fewell gets a HC gig somewhere else, but I don't think that's likely to happen next year or the year after at which point we might actually be able to get Muschamp with a DC to HC when Coughlin finally leaves arrangement.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Props to Vin for posting this.

Quote:
Dottino on WFAN
Vin_Cuccs : 1:37 pm
Some major points:

Tuck, Umenyiora and Nicks all practiced on a limited basis.

All three have said they are going to play.

Umenyiora said he understands the business of football, and he is ready to play.

Team is rallying around Umenyiora and they are estatic that he is back.

Tuck said he is not going to listen to the doctors and if he makes the trip, he is going to play.

Pierre-Paul is excited to get Umenyiora back as all DE's can be more rested.

Jacobs quotes were taken out of context. He was talking about experts and media who were down on the team.

Said Jacobs looks faster and more athletic than ever. He feels the best he ever felt.

Splitting carries helps that and Jacobs will get more carries later in the year when defenses tire.

12+ touches for Jacobs is ideal and perhaps more later in the year.

Jacquain Williams is FAST! Said he picked up Giants defense so fast that he has forced his way onto the field and impressed.

Williams is a very impressive blitzer. Said Williams directly effected McCoy. "Diamond in the rough" with tremendous upside.

End of interview.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Muschamp has always been a very creative guy on the defensive side of the ball, but I think he's always made it clear he wanted to be a College HC in the SEC. Particuliary Georgia, but Florida is a dream job. I think he's where he wants to be and never expressed interest in going to the NFL or seemed like that type of guy but those things change.

That said, you guys know he does run a hybrid scheme though right? There are a ton of 3-4 and 4-3 fronts with him, so I don't know that he'd be along the lines of Spags and just get creative with the 4-3. Not sure how you guys would feel about that, but he's been doing that since I've started following him. Orakpo & Kindle were primarily 3-4 pass rushing OLBers more so then a hand in the dirt DE.

He is one of the most creative, aggressive, and passionate coordinators I've ever seen. His defensive schemes are brilliant, he's got a lot more success ahead of him wherever he plans to be.

All that being said, chances of him leaving Florida before 3-4 years are probably less then 5%. It's 1 of the most desirable jobs in the country, let alone a SEC guy. He'd have to face plant 2-3 years in a row for that to happen. Only way I'd see him go Pro is if he at least won a NC in that time, but that's just speculation on my end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'm really liking this Williams kid. They idea of sending JPP-Kiwi-Tuck-Osi after QBs towards the end of the season with Boley, Williams, Webster, Prince, Ross, Rolle and Kenny behind them is kinda bonerifying.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 09-30-2011, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on Mario. I'm assuming he's playing. It sounded like his concussion wasn't that bad.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Muschamp has always been a very creative guy on the defensive side of the ball, but I think he's always made it clear he wanted to be a College HC in the SEC. Particuliary Georgia, but Florida is a dream job. I think he's where he wants to be and never expressed interest in going to the NFL or seemed like that type of guy but those things change.

That said, you guys know he does run a hybrid scheme though right? There are a ton of 3-4 and 4-3 fronts with him, so I don't know that he'd be along the lines of Spags and just get creative with the 4-3. Not sure how you guys would feel about that, but he's been doing that since I've started following him. Orakpo & Kindle were primarily 3-4 pass rushing OLBers more so then a hand in the dirt DE.

He is one of the most creative, aggressive, and passionate coordinators I've ever seen. His defensive schemes are brilliant, he's got a lot more success ahead of him wherever he plans to be.

All that being said, chances of him leaving Florida before 3-4 years are probably less then 5%. It's 1 of the most desirable jobs in the country, let alone a SEC guy. He'd have to face plant 2-3 years in a row for that to happen. Only way I'd see him go Pro is if he at least won a NC in that time, but that's just speculation on my end.
Fewell's been having success shifting fronts with our guys this year. He got out of hand with it at points last year, but so far he's been really successful throwing different things at defenses so I don't see a problem with it given our personnel. We have the pieces to have really versatile fronts now that we've got Joseph who can play the nose.

Hypothetically we could even run an attacking 3-4 with a line of Canty-Joseph-Tuck, with Kiwi and JPP at the OLB spots, JPP playing closer to the line since he's the less experienced LB, with Boley and Goff/Williams in the Middle.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-30-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Any word on Mario. I'm assuming he's playing. It sounded like his concussion wasn't that bad.
I still don't get how they could tell he was concussed and not just baked out of his mind.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-30-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I still don't get how they could tell he was concussed and not just baked out of his mind.
I think they weren't sure so they kept him out as a precaution. Don't want the NFL and big bad goodell on our case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one and only one good thing to come out of having injuries is the young players either sink or swim. Williams right now is impressing big time where he may not have even had a chance if Sintim didn't get hurt ahead of him. He's really impressing me so far.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me too! Bring me more JW on blitzes! He got there so fast on Vick. Crush Kolb. If he can come on and get his way on the field more, with our pass rushers, we can be a sick defense even with injuries. Boley is having himself a good start too. We have speed on this defense.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Me too! Bring me more JW on blitzes! He got there so fast on Vick. Crush Kolb. If he can come on and get his way on the field more, with our pass rushers, we can be a sick defense even with injuries. Boley is having himself a good start too. We have speed on this defense.
The injuries are overblown. The only real injuries worth noting is TT and when we had to play without Hixon and Mario.

Austin hurts too, only because it stunts his growth. Not so much because of the success of our defense as a whole this year.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
The injuries are overblown. The only real injuries worth noting is TT and when we had to play without Hixon and Mario.
We had depth raped from us. It wasn't over blown. It took our best or one of the best CBs out. Took our developing mike out, and basically the depth at one position. DT rookie showing promise..gone. Then we gotta hit our WR who can play special teams too. Gone. Now factor in other injuries that keep players out and we have issues.

However, our young guys have learned quickly and without OTAs and mini camps. Coughlin has been saying that a lot in his interviews on giants.com.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
We had depth raped from us. It wasn't over blown. It took our best or one of the best CBs out. Took our developing mike out, and basically the depth at one position. DT rookie showing promise..gone. Then we gotta hit our WR who can play special teams too. Gone. Now factor in other injuries that keep players out and we have issues.

However, our young guys have learned quickly and without OTAs and mini camps. Coughlin has been saying that a lot in his interviews on giants.com.
I hate people who complain about injuries. Let other teams complain about that. It was annoying last year with the Packers fans but they went on and won the Super Bowl. It's part of the game. We need to deal with it.

And developing MIKE? I like Goff but he is replaceable and I'm not sure how much better he was going to get.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I hate people who complain about injuries. Let other teams complain about that. It was annoying last year with the Packers fans but they went on and won the Super Bowl. It's part of the game. We need to deal with it.

And developing MIKE? I like Goff but he is replaceable and I'm not sure how much better he was going to get.
Well I haven't. It there we move on. Next man up. I believe in our media market we are so under pressure, injuries or not, we still need to play on.

JG was coming along and playing well. Is he replaceable? Sure, but we liked him and thought he would be the guy. Like that or not, but it stinks that he got hurt. He learned the system and played well in it. This was his year to now run it all.

If Ross or Webster go down we are in deep doo doo. We have no depth basically. That's why guys like TT, Bruce Johnson, were good. One was near pro bowl and the other one was solid for the role assignment which was probably dime.

But next man up.. Let's see if Jones can develop and see what happens. If he can surpass JG, then we may not need to overpay for JG. He is in a contract year, and probably gets a 1 year deal to prove himself now. But I liked him as a player. Smart LB, who could get this system, and possible do some good things.

Packer's had injuries but we were 1 or 2 behind them too. Plus when we get them we get them in 1 or 2 positions. This goes back to the Panthers playoff game where we were signing LBs off the street to play.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think we've done a good job about not complaining about it at all. We've made some jokes here and there but I don't see anyone lamenting over it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-30-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

This is funny!

Old 09-30-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually super dooper pumped for Osi to come back.

PASS RUSH PASS RUSH PASS RUSH!
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

JPP let's go for 3 sacks this time! 3 sacks 3 sacks! That would be awesome, have 7.5 sacks after 4 games.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

I just want there to be a 3rd and long, we come out with Osi-Tuck-JPP-Kiwi with Boley and 6 DB's. Like, that'd be just so orgasmic.
Quote:
Old 09-30-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osi needs to **** though. He's getting really annoying.

Osi, be grateful you got your starting position back, bc JPP is replacing your ass very soon. Now go out there and build up your trade value so we can get a LB and WR in the draft. K? Thnx.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade Osi for draft pick.....use pick to get Sanuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Osi Umenyiora feels 'disrespected'

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...espected-often

Quote:
"I always have a chip on my shoulder," Umenyiora said Friday. "I feel I'm constantly disrespected. I always feel the need to prove myself, and this season's no different than last season or the season before. And it's probably gonna be the same way next season. Something's going to happen and I'm gonna be disrespected again, and I'm going to have to prove myself all over again. That's just the way it is."
What? We gave you a huge contract! What about you leaving practice because Sheridan called you out? Then you got yourself benched! I am starting to hate this guy.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

You guys overreact way to much. He's going to play and he's going to play hard. Who cares if he feels disrespected.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-01-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't question that he's going to play hard. If anything, JPP's play forced that hand, not that it would have mattered since Osi is obviously playing for a contract so he'll play his ass off regardless.

I just don't like how he's CONSTANTLY bitching about his contract. **** already, you're a distraction. Even though you're never a distraction right Osi?

He's really starting to tick me off. He's a diva, there's no way around it. A talented diva, but a diva none the less. I hope JPP doesn't lose a significant amount of snaps with Osi back.