Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-01-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we make any FA splashes. We have so many of our own guys that we need to lock up, I doubt we really go after anybody.

Maybe some midlevel veterans for depth and insurance policies for questionable players in our starting lineups, but I don't expect much beyond that.

As far as linebackers are concerned, I rather just stay away. Why spend FA money on a marginal player? We have plenty of marginal linebackers, we don't need to add more in FA.

And getting linebackers in FA would prevent us from going after them in the draft, and this upcoming draft could potentially be a very good linebacker draft, so I rather just go with what we have and draft linebackers in the upcoming draft.

No FA linebacker is going to make that dramatic of an impact to our defense.

I think we should grab a veteran mid level Center and that's about it. The rest, just lock up our own guys and go with our team.

We're not that far away guys. We were 10-6 this year and I felt like if we were healthy we couldve made some serious noise in the playoffs. Sometimes it takes a couple of years before your team is ready, and I feel like the talent we compiled over the past couple of drafts should be right where we need them to be this year. If not, then maybe it's time to start giving up on a couple of young guys, but I think tihs year the light comes on for a lot of our young guys.

To win a SB you need the right combination of health, veterans, young guys, developed talent and depth, talent (duh), coaching, and luck.

I think we have the right mix of veterans and developed young guys, our coaching staff is a coin toss, we have depth.

Health and luck you can never predict. We'll see what happens.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you guys cut bait on McKenzie and give the same deal to Gaither? (7yrs 37.5 mil)
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
GaMeTiMe
Veteran

GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GaMeTiMe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Would you guys cut bait on McKenzie and give the same deal to Gaither? (7yrs 37.5 mil)
They won't shell out that kind of money with Beatty and Brewer on the roster. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously with that color
Old 06-06-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeTiMe View Post
They won't shell out that kind of money with Beatty and Brewer on the roster. How do you expect anyone to take you seriously with that color
haha, noob trolls are hilarious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
haha, noob trolls are hilarious.
sept 2006 < jan 2007

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
sept 2006 < jan 2007

hmmm, yes, and the vast differential in posts have nothing to do with anything as well as him having an eagles avy posting in a giants thread talking **** on Damix, one of the most respected posters on this board, and not know the story about his color typing. but sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This isn't a suprise to anyone here but this is what a scout said about Eli and our offense to the Sporting News:

Quote:
"I really think Eli's not going to have the turnover-prone year that he had last year. I don't think he's going down; I think he's still trending upwards. My opinion is it falls on (offensive coordinator Kevin) Gilbride. I really think his offense, with the players they have, neeeds to be - I hate to say this - dumbed down. It's too complicated, especially with receivers and the number of young guys they have there. They're required to do a lot more than most teams as far as options on routes. ...

"They've got a very, very complicated passing offense and, couple that with the turnovers, and it was kind of a little bit of a disaster there. The turnovers really killed them. The receivers not really being where they should be a lot of times caused a lot of turnovers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
This isn't a suprise to anyone here but this is what a scout said about Eli and our offense to the Sporting News:
This is why I'm in the minority that wouldn't mind a fresh start from Coughlin. While I like Coughlin as a coach, I also know the price that comes with him: Kevin Gilbride and musical chairs at DC.

And that's what's been holding this team back for awhile. I have no problem with Coughlin, but as long as he's our coach we will continue to have stop gap coordinators on defense and Kevin Gilbride on offense, and that just depresses me.

Having a new HC (preferably a 4-3 pressure based guy) with a new offensive staff would be a much needed breath of fresh air eventually. I just hope that doesn't happen too late when we have to rebuild.

In a perfect world we'd retain Coughlin and wipe out his offensive staff and get a pressure based DC, but that's just not happening. I hope our team is talented enough to overcome our coordinators though, KG in particular.

To be fair to Gilbride, I do like our running concepts a lot, but man I hate the run n shoot. Can you imagine how dominant our WR core could be if we ran a simpler offense? It's painful to think about.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Am I crazy for still wanting Randy Moss? I feel like he has a chip on his shoulder and will give a damn this year.

And if that Randy Moss comes back...oh man. He's very experienced with our style of offense too bc NE runs a very similar offense. They just have much smarter WRs so it works better.

Brady himself said that Moss is the smartest player he ever played with, and he was referring to his ability to read defenses and run his choice route to perfection. He's actually a very good fit if he doesn't have his head in his ass.

Plus I've always secretly wanted Moss on the Giants. He's one of my favorite offensive players of all time, and the thought of Eli to Moss just tickles my pickle.

Who am I kidding though, theres no way in hell we get him.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah you're crazy. But I think in the time it took you to type that post, you realized that yourself.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Very true.

What about Jared Gaither? He's another guy I liked a lot when healthy, but his back scares the crap out of me.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have our version of Gaither right now in Shawn Andrews. It's not really worth the money to have two of them.

As for Moss he was also one of my favorite players but I don't want him within 100 miles of this team. He'd be a terrible fit.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-24-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not only a terrible fit, but we have
Nicks, Manningham, Barden, Jernigan, Thomas, Cruz, Hixon and we could re-sign Smith and Burress.

Were does Moss fit in all that?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
This is why I'm in the minority that wouldn't mind a fresh start from Coughlin. While I like Coughlin as a coach, I also know the price that comes with him: Kevin Gilbride and musical chairs at DC.

And that's what's been holding this team back for awhile. I have no problem with Coughlin, but as long as he's our coach we will continue to have stop gap coordinators on defense and Kevin Gilbride on offense, and that just depresses me.

Having a new HC (preferably a 4-3 pressure based guy) with a new offensive staff would be a much needed breath of fresh air eventually. I just hope that doesn't happen too late when we have to rebuild.

In a perfect world we'd retain Coughlin and wipe out his offensive staff and get a pressure based DC, but that's just not happening. I hope our team is talented enough to overcome our coordinators though, KG in particular.

To be fair to Gilbride, I do like our running concepts a lot, but man I hate the run n shoot. Can you imagine how dominant our WR core could be if we ran a simpler offense? It's painful to think about.

And you're a defensive guy. Can you imagine how I must feel seeing other QBs in other systems, and then watching our Phd offense at work? It's beyond painful!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly as much as I love Caughlin, I cannot wait for him to retire and a fresh start with coaches

Old 06-25-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

"Eli throws deep to Moss!"

*drools*
Old 06-27-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad Jones looking to play in 2012 as a linebacker. Best of luck to him, hope he defies odds.

Dan Graziano (ESPN NFC East blogger) expects giants to look at Poz, Ruud or Tulloch in FA.

I wouldn't break the bank for any of them
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't really think we make any big splashes in FA. It's going to be about re-signing what we have around already. Nnamdi would have been the only player I'm interested in but that's not going to happen.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-28-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Chad Jones looking to play in 2012 as a linebacker. Best of luck to him, hope he defies odds.

Dan Graziano (ESPN NFC East blogger) expects giants to look at Poz, Ruud or Tulloch in FA.

I wouldn't break the bank for any of them
i knew it i knew it i knew it. Chad Jones would be a good WILL imo. He has the frame to do it, i hope he can recover.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

If Chad Jones plays period in 2012 I will be happy. It will be a huge story when he returns.

Also, if we get anyone of those LBs I will be happy, but I would look at Tulloch, then Rudd, then Poz.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goff was pretty good last year though...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My money is on one free agent LB, with Poslunzsy the preferred option.

Goff would slide outside to SLB splitting time with Sintim.

Poslunzsy is an ideal fit for us at MLB (and I believe at the top of our free agency wish list), plus he knows Fewell and Fewell's schemes. You have to think Poslunzsy would love to play behind our Dline and for a team with legitimate playoff aspirations.

If you look over our draft history, we haven't prioritised LB, but we have been willing to spend money in free agency, such as Mike Barrow, Lavar Arrington and Antonio Pierce.

Other than that, we won't be too active, either resigning our current guys or finding their replacement (possibly upgrading in some cases).

Last edited by Big_Pete : 06-29-2011 at 06:47 AM.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm rooting for Chad Jones obviously, but to be honest, I'd be absolutely shocked if his career isn't over.

As for FA LBs, I just want to stay away. None of them are worth it. Poz is intriguing, but he's not a dominant player, and I'm tired of having average linebackers.

I want us to draft 1. Now I know our history shows that we won't do that, but hopefully that changes. Or if we can't draft one, next year Lofton might be a FA, or Timmons might be one. Do I see either of them being available? No, but those are the type of LBs I'd be all over in FA.

Not a Poz.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm rooting for Chad Jones obviously, but to be honest, I'd be absolutely shocked if his career isn't over.

As for FA LBs, I just want to stay away. None of them are worth it. Poz is intriguing, but he's not a dominant player, and I'm tired of having average linebackers.

I want us to draft 1. Now I know our history shows that we won't do that, but hopefully that changes. Or if we can't draft one, next year Lofton might be a FA, or Timmons might be one. Do I see either of them being available? No, but those are the type of LBs I'd be all over in FA.

Not a Poz.
I hear what you are saying and frankly I agree with you in principle. But I disagree about the kind of impact Pozlunzsy would have on the team.

I think he would be the leader/coach on the field kind of guy that will help get more out of other other guys. I think he would make a big difference to be honest. I also think he is an ideal fit for what we are looking for and can slot right into Fewell's scheme without too much problem. I also think he will be right around the price range Reese is willing to spend.

I also don't think signing a guy like Pozlunzsy would preclude drafting a LB early next year. My ideal overhaul of our LBs would see Paul Pozlunzsy signed this year and draft Luke Kuchley next year. This also seems to fit the general game plan of filling needs in Free Agency, building through the draft and also slowly working our rookies into the rotation.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 06-30-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

He doesn't solve any problems for us though. He's not overly athletic. When he was coming out he was athletic enough, but not anymore. He's gone through knee injuries.

We might as well stick with Goff. Goff isn't a terrible MIKE, he's a very solid one who is probably unappreciated. If we're going to replace him, it should be with a guy who is athletic.

Goff is great at lining his guys up and reading plays. He's just not a leader. Leadership can only do so much though. Pierce was a leader. He was a leader with love handles who got pancaked by blockers and beat like a drum in coverage. Let's not pretend he was perfect either.

We need athletic linebackers. That's what's missing from this team. Boley is athletic, but has been injury prone since he got here and a little soft in the run game. We need an athletic MIKE in the worst way.

Think of it this way, if Poz was that great, they wouldn't let him go. It's not like Buffalo has so many other guys they need to pay that they can't afford Poz. They're just letting him go. That's a red flag to me, especially when a team that lacks talent is willing to let go one of their guys who is somewhat talented.