Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 09-26-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys I just wanted to stop by to see how Josh Hull is doing for you guys. Is he getting any time on the field? If so, where at? I went to high school with him and I was just curious what you guys thought of him.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:13 AM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
And week 3 we just plain out played like **** and reminded people way too much of 2009.
Indeed. This might be the first game in 3 years where I choose to not watch again during the week. I think that says a lot considering how ***** we were 3 years ago.

Honestly, there may only be like 1 or 2 positives for the entire roster/staff that we can take out of that performance. Was a ******* disaster from start to finish.
Beano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:49 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being 0-3 sucks. But it kind of was expected, I mean we did play two elite teams and a very solid team who we should of beat. Getting out of this first 7 games with a chance to make a run in the 2nd half is still possible. 2-5 start and we still could sneak into the playoffs.

Justin King is......I don't know I kind of feel bad for the dude, praying Ron Bartell and Jerome Murphy come back fully healed for next year. Justin King has no business starting. No way should you let a rookie dominate you like Torrey Smith did.

I hate how soooo many fans are already jumping off the bandwagon and asking for a quarterback change. People are stupid.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:53 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Being 0-3 sucks. But it kind of was expected, I mean we did play two elite teams and a very solid team who we should of beat. Getting out of this first 7 games with a chance to make a run in the 2nd half is still possible. 2-5 start and we still could sneak into the playoffs.

Justin King is......I don't know I kind of feel bad for the dude, praying Ron Bartell and Jerome Murphy come back fully healed for next year. Justin King has no business starting. No way should you let a rookie dominate you like Torrey Smith did.

I hate how soooo many fans are already jumping off the bandwagon and asking for a quarterback change. People are stupid.
People are asking for a QB change as in Luck next season (which is idiotic), but please say people are insane and asking for A.J. Faily.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Being 0-3 I expected, playing like clowns, I did not. We did as much to lose those first 2 games as the Eagles/Giants did to win them. I mean some of the mistakes were ******* diabolical. The Ravens just smashed us, they looked an elite team, the other two didn't look close to that level.

Next week is huge. Absolutely huge, I think most of us had this pencilled in as as a win. Right now, I'm not even sure we'll go into it as favourites.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano View Post
Being 0-3 I expected, playing like clowns, I did not. We did as much to lose those first 2 games as the Eagles/Giants did to win them. I mean some of the mistakes were ******* diabolical. The Ravens just smashed us, they looked an elite team, the other two didn't look close to that level.

Next week is huge. Absolutely huge, I think most of us had this pencilled in as as a win. Right now, I'm not even sure we'll go into it as favourites.
The Ravens are an elite team coming off a loss they were pissed off about and took it out on our poor Rams. So I think we can all stop paniking cuz just look at the rest of our division, its still not stellar and we've had BY FAR the hardest schedule of the 4 teams.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:03 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano View Post
Agreed completely. I anticipated a poor record to open the season due to the tough schedule, but my hope was that the Rams would at least look competitive in these games. They really haven't, thus far.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going into the bye week at 1-3 still gives us a great chance of winning the division. Especially with Danny and Steven more than likely near or close to 100%. Those two back makes the offense look completely different.

Unless Steven has just lost it, which if that's the case. We are screwed.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

I've no idea how we managed to keep that game close enough to have a chance of forcing OT. Those first 3 quarters were brutal yet again.

At least we can't lose to the bye week next weekend. Although if any team has a chance I think it would be us. We've been that bad for 4 weeks.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The offense was BRUTAL today. Absolutely brutal. The need for improvement protection and offensive weapons on the perimeter couldn't be more obvious than it has been through four weeks now. The Rams should start scouting as many legitimate receiving prospects as they possibly can, and think long and hard about whether they're getting their money's worth out of this offensive line.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:24 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Ok sooooo

Rams draft Alshon Jeffery with their first round pick and then trade their first for next year and their second round pick for this year to New England for their first round pick and draft Justin Blackmon.

Make it happen.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Okay my optimism is now almost on empty. We're 0-4 going into the bye, playing the Packers after the bye (oy vey). The 49ers are a very unexpected 3-1, so the whole our division sucks is kind of going away. Damn, I wish I had something positive to say, but I don't.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:37 AM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

The play calling on offense has annoyed me the last couple of weeks. The Giants game was easily the best we've moved the ball. That came off the back of some quick passing and the hurry up which allowed us to slow any pressure coming and take a few chances deep with DX. Yet we've hardly done it at all since that day and we looked much better when we went to it yesterday and if Sam doesn't overthrow DX and then Pettis (who looked not bad tbh towards the end of the game, he needs to learn to take a fair catch though), we'd have had 2 fairly big plays towards the end of the game, and we'd have had another chance to get the TD. I don't care how many reps he takes during the week, and I understand he probably can't take every snap because of his knee, but DX needs to be on the field more.

Whilst our receivers are an issue, I think people are keying way too much on the WR. The TE's seem to be getting a pass on this, and you could probably make a case that Kendricks has been the most disappointing receiver we've had this year (He might for the first time this year have more catches than drops, but if he does, it's still close). The line has been horrible. The tackles especially have been woeful. Utterly woeful. The penalties. Alex Barron would have been amazed how bad they were.

I'm often called pessimistic about the Rams, but even I didn't expect us to be this bad. What makes it more annoying was, I believe and someone can correct me, that we took ourselves out of FG range TWICE yesterday with either penalties or taking the sack etc. Think of that, if we'd have got those 6 points suddenly we're driving knowing a FG wins the game. That's what really has annoyed me about us this year, we've done as much to lose games as the other teams have to win them against us.

Still at least it gets easier, bye week, @Packers, @Cowboys then the Saints. Piece of cake.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Going into the bye week at 1-3 still gives us a great chance of winning the division. Especially with Danny and Steven more than likely near or close to 100%. Those two back makes the offense look completely different.

Unless Steven has just lost it, which if that's the case. We are screwed.
0-4 but i like the optimism

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

The thing that annoys me the most is seeing Laurent Robinson have 7 catches for over 100 yards for the Cowboys. The player evaluation has been absolutely abysmal for the Rams, always has been.

It's that or the coaching cant coach players up. I don't understand it at all, Scott Linehan's offense here was dreadful.....now he's in Detroit and it's one of the more excited offenses in the league.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:18 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
The thing that annoys me the most is seeing Laurent Robinson have 7 catches for over 100 yards for the Cowboys. The player evaluation has been absolutely abysmal for the Rams, always has been.

It's that or the coaching cant coach players up. I don't understand it at all, Scott Linehan's offense here was dreadful.....now he's in Detroit and it's one of the more excited offenses in the league.
Linehan has been an offensive genius.....when he has had a clear, top 3 receiver in the league. When he had Moss, his offenses were awesome and thrilling. Now, he has Megatron.....same. Now, IDK if Holt was aging and not in that mold or what but he has to have an amazing WR for it to be.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Soooooo, both Amendola and Bradley Fletcher are done for the year. Awesome.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Alshon Jeffery or Justin Blackmon please.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:03 AM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Quote:
**** me.

Sucks about Amendola, although I thought Pettis showed some flashes in the latter part of Sunday that he might be able to do a job in the slot. Fletcher one is a real killer. Our pass rush better become monstrous overnight or we're in deep, deep trouble.

The one place we could ill afford injuries to was the CB's, and we've been decimated. Ughh, we've managed to lose in the bye week. Incredible.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Oh God this means more of the great Justin King????
Old 10-06-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Oh God this means more of the great Justin King????
Al Harris baby!!!

I'm going to look ahead to next season since we are done in 2011. Do we address, WR or DB with our top 5 pick?
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfry View Post
Al Harris baby!!!

I'm going to look ahead to next season since we are done in 2011. Do we address, WR or DB with our top 5 pick?
Been already thinking about this and as far as I'm concerned if we don't take Luck I'm lookin' real hard at LT Matt Khalil of USC.

Yeah, I know we need (feel free to fill in the blank_________) but if we don't get some pass pro Sam or Luck or whoever will spend his career spitting into a dribble cup while doing a great impersonation of David Carr.

Put Khalil at LT and let Saffold and Smith fight it out at RT. Or just move Smith to guard and see if Saffold can play better on the right side. I'm just sick and tired of this most "offensive" line attempting to play the sport of football.
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Good news, the Rams didn't lose today! :)
Old 10-10-2011, 12:24 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Good news, the Rams didn't lose today! :)
YAAAAAAY!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Some Twitter notes from Jim Thomas about today's game...

-Lineup changes for Rams: Mike Sims-Walker inactive. Brandon Gibson and Danario Alexander scheduled to start at WR against Green Bay.

-A chance at LB as well for Rams. Ben Leber is inactive. Chris Chamberlain scheduled to start at weakside linebacker vs. Packers.

-Veteran CB Rod Hood won't dress for Rams, meaning newcomer Brian Jackson joins Justin King, Al Harris, and Josh Gordy among four active CBs.

-Rookie WRs Austin Pettis and Greg Salas both active for first time this season. Pettis and Salas could return punts.

-With Norwood down again, RB Quinn Porter and WR Austin Pettis are top candidates to return kickoffs.