Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 07-31-2011, 04:12 AM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
I think we're in trouble if we're counting on Brady Poppinga to start for us at linebacker. Also, last time he was in a 4-3 scheme, he played SAM. To me, he's a possible depth player behind Diggs. If the Rams are looking at him as anything more, then I'll be worried.
I'm already worried that we might have Diles pencilled in as a starter at WLB, so I'm clutching at straws in the vain hope we're not going to be subjected to the same guff at the position that we've had to deal with since Tino got released.
Beano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:13 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano View Post
I'm already worried that we might have Diles pencilled in as a starter at WLB, so I'm clutching at straws in the vain hope we're not going to be subjected to the same guff at the position that we've had to deal with since Tino got released.
I don't see Poppinga being the guy that does it, though. And while I know you're not a fan of Diles, I really don't see a better starting option on the weak-side on the Rams' roster. Chris Chamberlain? No thanks.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:31 AM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to put Diles last year into some perspective, on Profootballfocus, Chamberlain had a grade of -2 for his snaps (130ish) last year, Vobora +4 for his (230ish). Zac Diles -20 on his 600. That's a guide to how they thought he played and as I said my Texans friend ripped into him big time. From what he said we can expect a guy that will consistently shoot by his gap, a guy that if a lineman gets anywhere near him he's out of the play and a guy that really struggles in coverage. The positive was he's generally a sound tackler.

Last edited by Beano : 08-01-2011 at 06:47 AM.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:33 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no disputing that Diles had a poor season last year, though it's worth pointing out he had some injury concerns he was struggling with as well. Hopefully he's healthy and ready to contribute. I still like his ability and upside as a starter more than anyone else the Rams had in-house for the position.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
ramsfan2005813
Rookie

ramsfan2005813 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Spags quote on Diles: "He’s a bigger linebacker. We’ve kind of gone the other way, where we are not really tagging them, weak or strong. They have to play both. So what I’d like to do is wait and assess him here and see where he best fits in and let him battle for that spot."
http://aeryssports.com/the-pigskin-a...pdate-july-31/

A lot of nothing in that statement. Seems more like a guy they were intrigued about when worked out rather than a guy they really think they can plug in...

Another under the radar move, the addition of Daniel Muir. But it comes with the potential of bad news. The Giants are interested in Jason Snelling if Bradshaw doesn't lower his demands. New York would be a much more attractive option for him since they can offer more money and would be a step up rather than playing behind another clear number 1.
ramsfan2005813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsfan2005813 View Post
Another under the radar move, the addition of Daniel Muir. But it comes with the potential of bad news.
Surely the bad news is we've taken a DT from the Colts? ;) Bannan move was good, classic run stuffer that can do a decent job, but it's really hard finding anything anywhere positive about Muir.

I'm hoping Snelling to the Giants is the Giants' way of forcing Bradshaw to the table.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
ramsfan2005813
Rookie

ramsfan2005813 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

May have been. Bradshaw's back with Giants and Snelling still out there.

Agreed that Muir was terrible last year, but he showed flashes in 2009 so he has some talent. Good enough for a 3rd tackle to keep the starters fresh.
ramsfan2005813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rams have been linked to Ronnie Brown for the past day or so. I couldn't complain if he was our backup to Sjax. He could certainly help keep Jackson fresh. I'd still prefer Snelling, but Brown wouldn't be a terrible fallback option.
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I'd still prefer Snelling, but Brown would still be a big upgrade as the back-up. I'm just happy to see the team actually trying to find an upgrade at the position; we've gone too long with mediocre-at-best guys behind Jackson.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, I'd still prefer Snelling, but Brown would still be a big upgrade as the back-up. I'm just happy to see the team actually trying to find an upgrade at the position; we've gone too long with mediocre-at-best guys behind Jackson.
Agree on pretty much all of that. Picking up Mikkel or Weddle to start at safety was my #1 want this FA period, getting a quality back-up for Jackson was easily #2.

Snelling or Brown would be fine.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

Tony Softli of ESPN 101 St. Louis is reporting Jason Snelling has never been an option for the Rams. He says Ronnie Brown is the favorite to land in St. Louis.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfry View Post
Tony Softli of ESPN 101 St. Louis is reporting Jason Snelling has never been an option for the Rams. He says Ronnie Brown is the favorite to land in St. Louis.
Last Wednesday, when Dahl signed, there was talk online that Snelling had as well, which Softli confirmed wasn't the case from Rams sources. You'd think if he hadn't been a target at all, it would have come up then.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Rams have moved on from Snelling for whatever reason, but Snelling never being an option is a bit strange and directly contradicts at least two reports from Jim Thomas. So, someone is getting some bad intel, be it Thomas or Softli.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know we signed Zach Diles to play OLB and all but is their any interest is signing another on the cheap? Someone like. say, Rocky McIntosh?

I'm really surprised that there has not been much buzz concerning him.....
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
I know we signed Zach Diles to play OLB and all but is their any interest is signing another on the cheap? Someone like. say, Rocky McIntosh?

I'm really surprised that there has not been much buzz concerning him.....
Yeah, I thought he'd be an intriguing option as well, but I haven't heard anything about him on the market.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:18 AM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

I'd be good with grabbing McIntosh, last year he was pretty poor apparently, but I think he's horribly miss cast in the 34.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Jim Thomas is reporting that the Rams have former Falcons RB Jerious Norwood is "in house!" Not sure if that's just a visit or signed, will add confirmation when it's available.

Last edited by NGSeiler : 08-02-2011 at 11:35 AM.
NGSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Beano
Rookie

Would still prefer Brown or Snelling, Norwood has talent but there's issues yet again to be concerned about. Summed up well with this quote I think.

Quote:
Jerious Norwood is visiting St Louis. Norwood has game changing ability, but to a change a game you kind of need to be in the game. Hes brittle and wont offer much help as a third down back as hes not exactly a stud with his blitz pick up.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

More from Howard Balzer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBalzer721
RB Jerious Norwood at Rams' walkthough this morning. Nothing official yet, but he worked out and took a physical yesterday.
24 minutes ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBalzer721
Even with him, Rams would be in the market for another back.
24 minutes ago
Old 08-02-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

St. Louis Post is saying Cadillac Williams has surfaced as a #2 option for the Rams. Is it me, or is every back remaining on the market being mentioned as a possibility for us? My guess is Daveany is just throwing out veteran minimums to these players hoping he can snag one. Not a bad idea considering the age of the backs being mentioned.

Osi Umenyiora is seeking a trade. What would you think about the Rams making a move for him? It would probably require a 2nd round pick. Not sure I like the idea of giving up a pick that high, but he would make our DE rotation one of the very best in the league.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Osi Umenyiora is seeking a trade. What would you think about the Rams making a move for him? It would probably require a 2nd round pick. Not sure I like the idea of giving up a pick that high, but he would make our DE rotation one of the very best in the league.
I would have been interested had the Rams not drafted Quinn. At present, I don't see much of a reason to give up a second round pick and a $10 million a year contract to Osi when the Rams have Long/Quinn for the future and Hall for the present.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

Ronnie Brown signs with Eagles. I'm starting to get a bit concerned as there aren't many decent options left.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ronnie Brown signs with Eagles. I'm starting to get a bit concerned as there aren't many decent options left.
Do you mean to say Jerious Norwood doesn't have you jumping for joy? ;)
Old 08-02-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you mean to say Jerious Norwood doesn't have you jumping for joy? ;)
(Queue Stevie Wonder) "Norwood is signed, sealed, delivered; he's OURS!"

Good signing, great depth and all, but we still need one more RB to help Mr. Jax out. Someone like Cadillac Williams or -still- Jason Snelling would do just fine, thank you.
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

https://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora

Quote:
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
Rams agree to terms with RB Jerious Norwood. Nice change of pace back to pair with Jackson
57 minutes ago
Good signing right now. Great signing if we get a true backup running back.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the Rams are close to signing Cadillac Williams.

On a side note Marc Bulger is set to retire.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote