Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think you need to focus on Relief Pitching more.
Haha, I know you're mocking me, and yet collecting relief pitchers with strong ERA, K and WHIP numbers is every bit as effective (if not more) than grabbing 5th and 6th tier starters.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Haha, I know you're mocking me, and yet collecting relief pitchers with strong ERA, K and WHIP numbers is every bit as effective (if not more) than grabbing 5th and 6th tier starters.
Effective? Yes. Hard to get? No.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Effective? Yes. Hard to get? No.
Better Benoit and Soriano than guys with WHIP's in the high 1.30s and ERAs well into the 4s. Throw in the save potential.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Round 12
Xio — Kyle Farnsworth, RP
Jughead — Brett Cecil, SP
MaxV — Brian Duensing, P
HChu
BF51
DJP
GF1080
Yoda
KCJ
Brodeur
D-Unit
Prince
Old 02-25-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Better Benoit and Soriano than guys with WHIP's in the high 1.30s and ERAs well into the 4s. Throw in the save potential.
I understand the strategy. I also understand that RPs go undrafted every year who end up being STUDs.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I understand the strategy. I also understand that RPs go undrafted every year who end up being STUDs.
Couldn't the same be said of any position?
Old 02-25-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Couldn't the same be said of any position?
There definitely are, but they are much much harder to find. With a RP, it's easy because all you really need to be good is being designated by the manager that you're now the closer. Then walla!

You can't just tell a 2B, ok you start now, and then he's a fantasy stud.

I'm not gonna say your strategy is bad. You obviously have been successful in your experience, and you had a great team to start off with in the draft, so you had less holes to fill. Filling RP is a luxury that you've been able to take advantage of.

7 RPs is a lot and I expect you to pawn some off before long anyways. But I know how you like to ask a randsom for them.

This conversation is fun, so just take it for what it's worth. Not trying to bash what you are doing as much as I'm just talkin' strategy for fun.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
There definitely are, but they are much much harder to find. With a RP, it's easy because all you really need to be good is being designated by the manager that you're now the closer. Then walla!

You can't just tell a 2B, ok you start now, and then he's a fantasy stud.

I'm not gonna say your strategy is bad. You obviously have been successful in your experience, and you had a great team to start off with in the draft, so you had less holes to fill. Filling RP is a luxury that you've been able to take advantage of.

7 RPs is a lot and I expect you to pawn some off before long anyways. But I know how you like to ask a randsom for them.

This conversation is fun, so just take it for what it's worth. Not trying to bash what you are doing as much as I'm just talkin' strategy for fun.
You are such a character. A master of the backhanded compliment.

And relief pitchers absolutely do not need to be the closer to be valuable. A reliever that racks up better than a strikeout per inning and grabs vulture wins is really valuable in a league with an innings cap. Why would someone even want a starter that doesn't strike out more than 130 in a season? For the 9 or 10 wins he might rack up? No thanks. I can use those 150 IP and get top numbers with a combination of relievers.

Not to mention the annoyance of have too many hitters on the bench. Nothing worse than picking the wrong ones on a daily basis and letting those stats go to waste.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a bunch of SS if any of you guys are in need

Old 02-25-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You are such a character. A master of the backhanded compliment.

And relief pitchers absolutely do not need to be the closer to be valuable. A reliever that racks up better than a strikeout per inning and grabs vulture wins is really valuable in a league with an innings cap. Why would someone even want a starter that doesn't strike out more than 130 in a season? For the 9 or 10 wins he might rack up? No thanks. I can use those 150 IP and get top numbers with a combination of relievers.

Not to mention the annoyance of have too many hitters on the bench. Nothing worse than picking the wrong ones on a daily basis and letting those stats go to waste.
You just described all of Yoda's starting pitching right there... lol.

Loving the strategy debate, yet I respect your team. ..and yes, I am a character, no debate there.

Last edited by D-Unit : 02-25-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
I got a bunch of SS if any of you guys are in need
The crappy thing about SS is that there are less than a handful of good ones before they all look the same. ...and nobody wants to trade the good ones.

Last edited by D-Unit : 02-25-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You just described all of Yoda's starting pitching right there... lol.
That was unneccesary sir. Very unneccesary. Why the hate? I even said my SP sucked :(. U DIDN'T NEED TO REINFORCE IT! But hey! Pujols, Tulo, and Hamilton. Thats sexy.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
That was unneccesary sir. Very unneccesary. Why the hate? I even said my SP sucked :(. U DIDN'T NEED TO REINFORCE IT! But hey! Pujols, Tulo, and Hamilton. Thats sexy.
Come to papa baby... come to papa! :D
Old 02-25-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Come to papa baby... come to papa! :D
No, he wants to be on the winners' team....
Old 02-25-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt LaPorta, 1B/OF

BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
Matt LaPorta, 1B/OF

Did you get my text?

BF wants Daric Barton.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:01 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Round 12
Xio — Kyle Farnsworth, RP
Jughead — Brett Cecil, SP
MaxV — Brian Duensing, P
HChu - Matt LaPorta 1B/OF
BF51 - Daric Barton 1B

Next 5 Picks:

DJP
GF1080
Yoda
KCJ
Brodeur

Old 02-25-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

So how is everyone liking their drafts so far?

I'm optimistic with mine. I definitely went heavy on hitting early in the draft. I think the first 6 rounds I took all batters.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be in last.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'll be in last.
Why do you say that?
Old 02-25-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
Why do you say that?
I'd say because most of his picks were on risky players

I like my team so far, and it will only get better when i fill out my 4 last spots. I'm pissed though that I missed out on some players that I for some reason thought were kept

Old 02-25-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why do you say that?
High Risk Medium Reward

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'll be in last.
Nah, I have a starting staff the Washington Nationals would laugh at.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Worse than mine?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-25-2011, 11:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
I'd say because most of his picks were on risky players

I like my team so far, and it will only get better when i fill out my 4 last spots. I'm pissed though that I missed out on some players that I for some reason thought were kept
Like who? I'm always interested to hear the names of guys that people were bummed out on missing. :)
Closed Thread