Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 08-18-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no way you could make the case that tanking in the most obvious way of benching the entire team is fair game.

CCB might deserve to be ahead of you too. Your two teams were neck and neck at the time you pulled that stunt.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:22 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, CCB barely sets his lineup. I'm still on the fence about whether or not he'll be invited back. He spent 75 bucks on Ubaldo and then disappeared again.

Part of it isn't his fault, since he was suspended from NFLDC, but still.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, CCB should not be back. This will be 2 straight years of spottiness.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
There is no way you could make the case that tanking in the most obvious way of benching the entire team is fair game.

CCB might deserve to be ahead of you too. Your two teams were neck and neck at the time you pulled that stunt.
Stop acting like I was doing something that I couldn't have done without benching all my players. You really can't stop someone from tanking if they want to. I can set my line up and still be last place. It's being competitive in the long run. What do you have against that? You want the 8th place teams to fight for 6th and 7th place till the end??? Get real. They don't HAVE TO. I played this game all through the season and my team just sucked. So why do I have to keep fighting for something not worth fighting for?

Does it matter if you bench all your guys versus adding crappy guys from the wire and play them just to fill a spot?

It's not even necessarily a good thing to get the #1 pick. I was just trying something new. Strategy is strategy. I'm not using an unfair advantage and it doesn't give me a better chance for winning next season.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Benching your entire team is the definition of bush league. It goes against every fiber of the competitive spirit you demand out of people in the leagues you run. You sound incredibly stupid trying to argue otherwise. Sorry you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar. If you actually believed there was no advantage to getting the #1 pick, then you wouldn't have bothered.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Benching your entire team is the definition of bush league. It goes against every fiber of the competitive spirit you demand out of people in the leagues you run. You sound incredibly stupid trying to argue otherwise. Sorry you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar. If you actually believed there was no advantage to getting the #1 pick, then you wouldn't have bothered.
The advantage is very marginal and insignificant and you know it. Our drafts are snake style, not traditional. If it were traditional then that would be a major difference. Stop acting like there is a way to stop a team from tanking if they want to. I just decided to do it purposefully rather than gradually.

...and it doesn't go against what I say in my leagues. It's what you say in yours. I don't like people going inactive and not caring, but that's a lot different. What I did was conscious strategy, not tanking for not caring.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there's a big difference between going all-out to win and completely tanking on purpose. I simply ask you to find that middle ground, thank you.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I really enjoy watching you struggle to defend yourself.

This has nothing to do with draft positioning, though the difference between the #1 pick and #2 pick could easily be getting Albert Pujols/Prince Fielder or somebody's mediocre castoff. This is about your bush league tactics.

People who go inactive and don't set their lineup in your leagues get booted the following season. So how is this any different? You can sugar coat your bush league nature by using fancy rhetoric like "conscious strategy" all you want. Everyone else just laughs to themselves when they read it.

Good day.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I think there's a big difference between going all-out to win and completely tanking on purpose. I simply ask you to find that middle ground, thank you.
Will do. Not a big deal.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I really enjoy watching you struggle to defend yourself.

This has nothing to do with draft positioning, though the difference between the #1 pick and #2 pick could easily be getting Albert Pujols/Prince Fielder or somebody's mediocre castoff. This is about your bush league tactics.

People who go inactive and don't set their lineup in your leagues get booted the following season. So how is this any different? You can sugar coat your bush league nature by using fancy rhetoric like "conscious strategy" all you want. Everyone else just laughs to themselves when they read it.

Good day.
The difference is that I've shown that I care about the league to end.

Strategy my friend, don't hate.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Lolz Lolz Lolz
Old 08-18-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Lolz Lolz Lolz
Don't act like you're laughing when you're steaming mad. Lolz Lolz Lolz.

Too easy.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Don't act like you're laughing when you're steaming mad. Lolz Lolz Lolz.

Too easy.
What would I be mad at? Justice was served. I won the debate. I'm coasting to a second-consecutive league victory.

You sir, are the only one in a position to be mad.

TOO EASY!
Old 08-18-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
What would I be mad at? Justice was served. I won the debate. I'm coasting to a second-consecutive league victory.

You sir, are the only one in a position to be mad.

TOO EASY!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

D, you should see a therapist about all this.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Perhaps both of you should go to couples therapy?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Perhaps both of you should go to couples therapy?
Or perhaps YOU TWO should go. I sense some tension now that your trades have garnered criticism.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Old 08-18-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Or perhaps YOU TWO should go. I sense some tension now that your trades have garnered criticism.
Tension in regards to what? I'll be proven right so I don't mind the criticism.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Tension in regards to what? I'll be proven right so I don't mind the criticism.
Silent tension. You two need to talk it out. It's making everyone else uncomfortable — like a 3 ton elephant in the room.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
LOL! I've been PM'ing guys and NO ONE wants Uggla. Go crawl back in that hole you came from.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Silent tension. You two need to talk it out. It's making everyone else uncomfortable like a 3 ton elephant in the room.
I think everyone is just laughing at this point. You're making this too much fun! :D
Old 08-18-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
LOL! I've been PM'ing guys and NO ONE wants Uggla. Go crawl back in that hole you came from.
DELUUUUUUUUUSIONNNNNNN
Old 08-18-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
DELUUUUUUUUUSIONNNNNNN
I'll give you Verlander for free if you can find someone (other than you, yoda, hchu, and BF) to take Uggla from me in a trade that makes sense for me.

Because I think you are the one suffering from delusion.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I'll give you Verlander for free if you can find someone (other than you, yoda, hchu, and BF) to take Uggla from me in a trade that makes sense for me.

Because I think you are the one suffering from delusion.
1) It's not that no one wants him. As I told you, I'd gladly take him if I didn't have a 2B of the same caliber already (Weeks). Not keeping two guys at one position. Many people are in the same boat.

2) No one likes discussing trades with you. They don't want your spare parts. I doubt very much you've been in actual negotiations with more than a few people in the league as a result. Unanswered PMs don't constitute a lack of interest. A third of the league completely quit caring weeks ago.

3) You're not really shopping him because you know you got a good deal and trading him away for anything less than a good deal (for you) to prove some kind of point is not something you will do.

Now let's stop cluttering up this (other) league thread. You really don't really want to lose two arguments in one day, do you?