Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 06-05-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did something similar to that earlier in the year. I was setting my lineup for the next day just before I went to bed, and Scherzer was starting, so I was putting him into the lineup, but I guess I forgot to hit submit before I exited my browser. It only happened to cost me 11 points, though. Not ESPN's fault though on that one, that was 100% my fault.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've put players in my starting lineup and then the next day they aren't there anymore. I haven't yet figured out why it happens.

With the draft upcoming if I wanted to pick up someone do I have to wait until they sign their professional contract?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I've put players in my starting lineup and then the next day they aren't there anymore. I haven't yet figured out why it happens.

With the draft upcoming if I wanted to pick up someone do I have to wait until they sign their professional contract?
Good question. I was going to ask what the rules are about adding drafted players to our minors teams.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't have to wait for anything. You don't have to be on a minor league roster to be selected. You could add your next door neighbor if you'd like.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting. Well tomorrow might see a lot of action then depending on whom the AL teams draft. The AL only has 4 picks out of the first 16 though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-05-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You don't have to wait for anything. You don't have to be on a minor league roster to be selected. You could add your next door neighbor if you'd like.
OK, well cool. So, you're actually saying that we could add someone now in anticipation of them possibly being drafted by an AL team?

Quote:
Interesting. Well tomorrow might see a lot of action then depending on whom the AL teams draft. The AL only has 4 picks out of the first 16 though.
I'll definitely be adding someone since John Lamb is gonna be having Tommy John surgery. It'd be nicer if the AL had more high picks though, but they do have 2, 4, 5, and 8, and in this draft that will mean some nice talent.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 06-05-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes. You can anyone you want, whenever you want, so long as they aren't already on a major league roster.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hah. I didn't know that. I've been saving 3 open spots for the draft, but I guess I'll use them now then.

1. Anthony Rendon
2. Gerrit Cole
3. Danny Hultzen

Drop Jared Goedert, Add Neil Ramirez, Rangers ML prospect.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hah. I didn't know that. I've been saving 3 open spots for the draft, but I guess I'll use them now then.

1. Anthony Rendon
2. Gerrit Cole
3. Danny Hultzen

Drop Jared Goedert, Add Neil Ramirez, Rangers ML prospect.
I think he meant AFTER the draft.

I also don't think this is very fair, BF. You should have us bid on prospects that get added to the pool.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Cole and Hultzen are most likely going to NL teams. I think the most fair thing would have been until a player signs his first pro contract.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-06-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I think he meant AFTER the draft.

I also don't think this is very fair, BF. You should have us bid on prospects that get added to the pool.
Well maybe he can clear this up. I'll do whatever... but I think I read him in context correctly.

Quote:
Old 06-06-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Cole and Hultzen are most likely going to NL teams. I think the most fair thing would have been until a player signs his first pro contract.
Probably very true. Which still leaves everyone else in the draft up for grabs right now, so you all can still get in it if that's what you wish.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I probably won't take anyone. My minor league roster is all high upside players who are relatively close to the majors.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-06-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want any chump not-even-drafted players on my team. Just saying I don't think it was a first come, first claim setup he had in mind. Especially given that you aren't even the guy who thought to ask about it.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

D is right though from what BF told me yesterday. You can take anyone at anytime as long as they aren't on someone's roster. It might be dumb but it is what BF said. I feel like their should be a better way than that though. Or at least have a penalty if you take someone that you can't keep.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-06-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Well whatever. This league has more convoluted rules than any I've ever been in.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I don't want any chump not-even-drafted players on my team. Just saying I don't think it was a first come, first claim setup he had in mind. Especially given that you aren't even the guy who thought to ask about it.
Sorry. I didn't think that mattered. I think you just don't like anything I do in any league.... while I've never broken a rule. *shrugs*
Old 06-06-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Sorry. I didn't think that mattered. I think you just don't like anything I do in any league.... while I've never broken a rule. *shrugs*
Not taking the bait.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Not taking the bait.
Better than getting caught. ;)
Old 06-06-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Better than getting caught. ;)
That doesn't make sense.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
That doesn't make sense.
Then don't worry about it. Have a great day Xio! :D

Old 06-06-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

None of us knew you were a funny guy.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

I'll take a shot here and for the time being add Trevor Bauer. Sounds like the D'Backs will take him, but I'll take a chance that they take Bundy or Hultzen.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 06-06-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Hmm.... Maybe if I update my sig... :D
Old 06-06-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Well, you can scratch the addition of Bauer to my minors team...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote: