Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:09 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Alan Faneca Holdout?

ALan Faneca may hold out.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07080/771176-66.stm

I think with the redick contracts guards are getting the (the Steve Hutchinson effect) The steelers won't be able to resign this guy.

I think the Steelers should just trade him and get some value.

What would the value be? I think for a bad team that is desperate they could give a second rounder.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:39 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Guards don't get much value. A 4th would be the highest you could get.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:05 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe the Cards will trade for him if he really wants out.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texans????
Old 03-22-2007, 08:19 AM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
That was true a couple of years ago but with the huge salaries there getting teams obviously value them more.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:39 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade him to Cleveland... Mmmmmm

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:45 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Trade him to Cleveland... Mmmmmm
Mmm.... knee injuries are finger licking good.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

I'm sure my Raiders will take him off your hands...lord knows we need decent OL....

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:36 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah we'll give them Robert Gallery and a 5th staright up lol.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Lol, you deliver every time.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's going to the Cards for a third rounder folks. We've got the Grimm.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
HA HA! that was great

Mike Tirico

Old 03-22-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

I could see him in arizona for a second or a third I agree. But I don't think the steelers have the balls to trade him

Mike Tirico

Old 03-22-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
HA HA! that was great
Holly cow I just got it.....hes refering to the Browns Knee injuries of late like 1 million other poster have done previously!!!!!!!! How original.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Would you rather have him bring up the Drive or the Fumble or Craig Ehlo getting destroyed by Micheal Jordan

Mike Tirico

Old 03-22-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

TheGunShow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
BWAHAHAHAHAHA! He's made SIX straight pro bowls! He's worth a first plus another first day pick based on games played and pro bowl performance next year. The Bears are in need of a OG. Maybe their first or Mark Anderson and a conditional pick next year.

A 4th? Really! Would you of traded Will Shields when he was 30 for a 4th?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is 30 years old. A first rounder for a 30 year old OG? Not happening. I can't see someone giving up anymore than a 3rd.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow View Post
BWAHAHAHAHAHA! He's made SIX straight pro bowls! He's worth a first plus another first day pick based on games played and pro bowl performance next year. The Bears are in need of a OG. Maybe their first or Mark Anderson and a conditional pick next year.

A 4th? Really! Would you of traded Will Shields when he was 30 for a 4th?
Yeah, but that's just it, he's 30 and a guard. Sure, I'd give a early third for him, but would a NFL team? Keep in mind he's holding out, so his value goes down even more.

With Grimm and Whisenhunt, I'm sure the Cardinals will look into it.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

He's a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Definatley not a first becuase of his age and not a 4th because of his abilities. That and they can't afford to re-sign him so they aren't the ones taht can really do the demanding. Though he is one of the top tier offensive guards so I wouldn't be surprised if he not only gets a huge contract, but if he also gets traded for a decent pick.

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Holly cow I just got it.....hes refering to the Browns Knee injuries of late like 1 million other poster have done previously!!!!!!!! How original.
The sad part is, I'm willing to believe it actually took you four hours to get it.

Stop being so bitter, it makes it seem like you looked down your pants recently and suddenly felt the urge to compensate for something.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

He's 30. Not 35. He has five good years left of a proven commodity. If you draft Ben Grubbs in the first what's to say he's not just a bust that never sees the field. Faneca you know you are going to get a pro bowl performance from. If the Cards would trade their early second round pick and either a player or a conditional draft pick I'd say that would be fair. But a third or fourth! Screw that we'll get a third for him as a compensatory pick when he signs his NFL record deal for a guard!
Old 03-22-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Faneca is NOT worth a 1st. Come on now.

He's 30, and for NFL standards thats a old. Grubbs is worth a late 1st because he has roughly 8 years on Faneca. Thats 8 more years of production.

Faneca is a great player, but don't be like the typical Steelers homer that says things like Hines Ward should be in the HOF because he can block, or how Ben Roethlisberger is the big 11111!. Im not saying this in a negative way directly at you, rather giving you words of advice.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
TheGunShow
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Faneca is NOT worth a 1st. Come on now.

He's 30, and for NFL standards thats a old. Grubbs is worth a late 1st because he has roughly 8 years on Faneca. Thats 8 more years of production.

Faneca is a great player, but don't be like the typical Steelers homer that says things like Hines Ward should be in the HOF because he can block, or how Ben Roethlisberger is the big 11111!. Im not saying this in a negative way directly at you, rather giving you words of advice.
Or LT made Tom Jackson pee his pants just by looking at him.

He has five good years left! The next contract he signs will be his last. But who is to say Ben Grubbs first contract for whoever drafts him isn't his last?

Would you not trade a late first for Steve Hutchinson?
Old 03-22-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunShow View Post
Or LT made Tom Jackson pee his pants just by looking at him.

He has five good years left! The next contract he signs will be his last. But who is to say Ben Grubbs first contract for whoever drafts him isn't his last?

Would you not trade a late first for Steve Hutchinson?
The LT thing actually happened.

No, I wouldn't. Not in this draft. This draft is stacked with talented OGs, and why should I give up a 1st for an OG at the latter end of his career when I can easily find a young talented OG that I can potentially have on my roster for much longer? Doesn't make sense.

Hutch is great, don't get me wrong. But its always better to go youth movement. Every GM in the league will tell you that.

If the Steelers couldve gotten a 1st for Faneca, he wouldve been out the door along time ago.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see a 2nd to a win now team.