Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a CB. I cannot believe Jerrell Powe is going to continue to fall. I'd take him late.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curtis brown is still falling, come on down!

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seriously...brown all day
Old 04-29-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steelers could also take Sam Acho. I know they like him a lot.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curtis Brown Baby Lets Goooooo
Old 04-29-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I really want Curtis Brown, but I feel like it's going to Chekwa. haha.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Curtis Brown is a Steeler!!! Yes!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:14 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Yeahhhh Baby Thats What Im Talkin About
Old 04-29-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** yeah man, this draft is ******* awesome!

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

I Love This Draft!
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
tenorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i couldnt be stopped this year with the mocks this year...here was my mock a few weeks ago at steeleraddicts.

Quote:
1) Cameron Heyward DE OSU
With such a deep DE class, espeically for 5 techs i think we have a legit shot at him at 31 and at 31 it would be a STEAL

2) Curtis Brown CB Texas
I do think that he is the best CB on the texas roster and will instantly sure up the secondary. Ike, Butler, Brown, and *** is a SOLID group of corners imo (i love butler, i dont care if theres any weight to my statement yet...there will be)

3) Lance Kendricks TE
I hate spaeth and i think he should leave, Kendricks is a pass catching TE and i think the steelers are heavily interested in him, could be a dynamic addition to the passing game.

4) Marcus Gilbert OT Florida
Lived in the shadow of the pounceys at florida, but is a fine prospect in his own right. will be better than starks imo (former gator who went in the 3rd)
Old 04-29-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i couldnt be stopped this year with the mocks this year...here was my mock a few weeks ago at steeleraddicts.
I got Gilbert and Brown, but just swap the rounds.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

round 4 guys:

Jerrell Powe
Taiwan Jones
Chykie Brown
Chimdi Chekwa
Quinton Carter
Deunta Williams

who else?
Old 04-29-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
round 4 guys:

Jerrell Powe
Taiwan Jones
Chykie Brown
Chimdi Chekwa
Quinton Carter
Deunta Williams

who else?
I'd put Cannon and even Herzlich on that list. I know both have health issues, but at this point they can be serious steals.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

truth. good call, id like both of them
Old 04-29-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
lance uppercut
Rookie

lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.

in addition to those mentioned, and in no particular order:

buster skrine (I'll predict we double dip at corner if skrine's still around)
Ian Williams (not huge, but could be a hoke replacement)
tandon doss (year one return man, longer term starting potential)
Kendall hunter (he'll be long gone, but man if he's not...)
quan studivant (understudy for farrior)

Last edited by lance uppercut : 04-29-2011 at 09:48 PM.
lance uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
round 4 guys:

Jerrell Powe
Taiwan Jones
Chykie Brown
Chimdi Chekwa
Quinton Carter
Deunta Williams

who else?
Sam Acho, Chris Carter, Ian Williams, Cortez Allen.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Pitt
Veteran

Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.

Christian Ballard DT Iowa
Davon House CB New Mexico State
D.J. Williams TE Arkansas
Chimdi Chekwa CB Ohio State
Brandon Burton CB Utah
Marcus Cannon G/T Texas Christian
Sam Acho DE Texas
Quinton Carter FS Oklahoma
Greg Jones LB Michigan State
Clint Boling OG Georgia
Jerrell Powe DT Mississippi
Robert Sands FS West Virginia
Luke Stocker TE Tennessee
James Brewer OT Indiana
Ahmad Black SS Florida
Jason Pinkston G/T Pittsburgh
Rashad Carmichael CB Virginia Tech
Taiwan Jones RB Eastern Washington
Demarcus Love G/T Arkansas
Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great start so far fellas, great day to be a steeler

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:55 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't see too many DTs left.
I thought we'd lock that position down this weekend? Do you guys think it means we're looking for a young free agent or just gonna go with Hampton and Hoke again?
Old 04-30-2011, 03:54 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

powe is my favorite pick for 4, henery in 5 or 6
Old 04-30-2011, 07:21 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I'd take Clint Boling if he's there. Dude would become a starter Day 1 at RG IMO.

I'd like to finish the draft as Boling, Harvey, WR/RB/TE/S, Frank Kearse.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:42 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I'd take Clint Boling if he's there. Dude would become a starter Day 1 at RG IMO.

I'd like to finish the draft as Boling, Harvey, WR/RB/TE/S, Frank Kearse.
Now would be a perfect time to take an OG. Every year a lot of OGs seem to go in the mid-rounds and end up starting from day one. I also wouldn't mind seeing Powe or Taiwan Jones.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I want Niles Paul to be our WR in this draft. Small hands, but he's big and physical. Love this kid.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Pitt
Veteran

Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.Pitt could make a wolverine purr.

Don't count out Gilbert getting the start at Right Guard.

"OL Coach Sean Kugler isn't sure where the 6-6.1, 330-pounder will play. He mentioned that he likes the way Gilbert pulls, and that he could end up at guard, but that "his position will come out." "
Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote