Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Carter, interesting.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Carter is the pick.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Potential Steelers:

Greg Jones
Jerrell Powe
Noel Devine
Virgil Green
Deunta Williams
Deandre brown
Frank kearse
David Mims
Old 04-30-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it might be Green and/or Kearse. Maybe Powe.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Herzlich is #1 for me right now. Really hope we get him.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-30-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never heard of Baron Batch. Anything to know about him?
Old 04-30-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Never heard of Baron Batch. Anything to know about him?
He's got a nice story. He was severely injured as a freshman I believe and told he'd never play football again.

Some clips:

Just images:

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 04-30-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Another clip:

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-30-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

From what little footage of him I've seen, he seems to be an ideal candidate to be a 3rd down back.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-30-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Man, quite a few UDFAs I would like to pursue when we are able to. Anthony Gray, Ian Williams, Darrin Walls, Monte Simmons, and Mario Harvy at the top of my head.

I really, really like this draft. It's going to be a good one like last year's. Sucks that we didn't get Frank Kearse, because I believe that's who we would have taken.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

The more I read about Baron Batch, the more I like him. Here's his blog. This dude is a very kind fella. I hope everything works out for him, even if he does not make the Steelers roster.

http://baronbatch.blogspot.com/
Old 05-01-2011, 09:30 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heres my future outlook write ups for the top 3 picks...never been so excited about all 3 first picks

Quote:
All along i have viewed Cameron Heyward as the best 3-4 Defensive End prospect in the draft. He is easily one of the top 10 senior prospects and would fall around 10-12 in my overall ratings. He has elite intangibles, bloodlines, size, and commitment to the game. At 6-5 nearly 300 pounds he has both the length and bulk to be a true master of the 5 tech position, one of the hardest positions to play in a 34 defense.

He fell in the draft to slot 31 because other potential 5 techs such as JJ Watt. Cam Jordan, and Muhummad Wilkerson made it somewhat rare class of 34 lineman. All of them are better pass rushers than Heyward, but we already have a player in that mold in hood. What the steelers got here is a replacement for Aaron smith, something i would never have confidence in hood to become. Hood does have better pass rushing skills that have him very well suited for Keisels spot on the right side, making this pick even more perfect.

As a rookie i dont expect him to be anything more than a rotational player by design, but you never know with Smith and Keisels injuries he may get a considerable amount of playing time. Heyward makes the secondary better by a considerable amount, so those of you too concerned with drafting a corner just think about this....a player that benefits from a true 5 tech on the LE spot is the LOLB, so i would expect woodley (or whoever) to truly be much better in this scenerio than if it were hood. Hood has the ability to penetrate and get pressure, Heyward has the ability to stonewall blockers, sustain blocks, and collapse the pocket.
Quote:
Marcus Gilbert selected by the steelers in the second round provides many things...takes care of a huge need with the oline, is a quality value, and adds chemistry to the line with the gator conenction we have with former team mates now.

Gilbert is a massive man at 6-6 330, but for a man that size he shows incredible quickness, agility, and pass protecting skills. Not the most powerful tackle but he does a great job of sealing the edge and while not a domination run blocker it is not for a lack of effort.

With his nimble feet he will likely be groomed as a future LT, but i would expect him to mean the end of tony hills, possibly trai essex right away. With flo returning it will give gilbert a chance to get stronger and play with flo at RT on a rotational basis since flo often gets banged up or needs to be spelled for a series or two. Hopefully this does happen and he can get his feet wet as a rookie playing RT part time.

Hopefully he will work his way up to being the backup at LT as a rookie because jonathan scott is truly terrible. All in all i love the pick and the value. Not gonna lie i was rooting for brown HARD when they were on the clock...but i was not disappointed with this pick who i have had on my radar for months now as a potential steeler target. Taking him made as much sense as taking curtis brown, and i really like how that turned out.

Just really made me happy following up Heyward with a second rounder that i really feel will be worth a damn on the steelers in the very near future. Really i see him as being everything i hoped hills was gonna be
Quote:
I wanted brown bad in the second....i was on the edge of my seat during the 3rd round and as he fell further i got more and more excited. i knew once the steelers were on the clock he had to be the pick (otherwise i would have been furious)

Since teammate Aaron Williams was a popular pick for the steelers in the first round im gonna analyze all the texas DBs really quick. Aaron williams to me was the best overall football player on the texas roster, hed be a CB on some teams, a FS on some but overall he was the superior football player and just an all around good defensive back. Curtis brown is definitely the best pure CB out of the bunch, 6-0 185 pounds he showed great technique and smooth transitions in drills at the combine and imo was only second to Brandon Harris as far as CB drills went. Chykie Brown was the best athlete of the 3, but has a long way to go as being a pro CB.

Harris has ideal quickness and agility to step in as a rookie and get playing time as a nickel back. *** is likely on his way out the door and Brown should be able to step right in for him. His quickness will help cover guys like welker, jackson, bess, and the sneakier slot WRs that *** and mcfadden had trouble with in the solt role. I would project Ike as LCB, Mcfadden/Butler splitting time as RCB, and Brown/Butler splitting time as NB in 2012.

Tremendous value in the 3rd round, imo about 4 CBs went before him who were inferior talents. I think hes got a future as a starter on the team, his quickness and technique give us the best man to man cover guy on our roster in brown. Im really really excited about the steelers top 3 picks, i woud not be able to fine a better combination of 3 picks that would have been better. good overall weekend to be a steeler fan, but the steelers front office walks away with the most impressive first 3 rounds ive ever seen them put together...watch some videos of brown..you'll probably be excited to know that our next CB can catch!

I expect Lewis and *** to be on their way out as a result of this, and i wont be shedding any tears over it.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Good review, K-Train. I'm making a top 15 list of UDFAs that I hope we sign or that we could sign. There is a lot of talent left out there that would help us greatly.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want sanzenbacher. He's gonna make a team very happy someday.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah nice job K!

I know allot about the first 3 picks (as i loved them all)...but i dont know a whole lot about the rest...anyone got any personal input about them? Ive read a ton of scouting reports, but they dont really give much insight.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Yeah nice job K!

I know allot about the first 3 picks (as i loved them all)...but i dont know a whole lot about the rest...anyone got any personal input about them? Ive read a ton of scouting reports, but they dont really give much insight.
Cortez Allen is a big, physical corner who can play bump and run pretty well. Like Ike Taylor, he comes from a small school and hasn't played corner a lot. He's got great size and good speed. He just oozes upside and could develop into a great corner now that he can focus on his craft.

Chris Carter is a pass rusher. I'm personally surprised he was there when we picked him, but he's a great steal and value nonetheless. A little undersized, but I believe he's a good fit for our defense and could potentially start down the line.

Keith Williams is a guy who will punch you in the mouth and will continue to do so all game long. He's a mauler and loves to hit. He is like Chris Kemoeatu, but I believe he's not as dumb.

Baron Batch is going to be our 3rd down back IMO. He can pick up the blitz and catch the ball extremely well. Not only is he a good football player, but he's an extremely good person. I'm becoming a huge fan of his.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

i think cortez allen is going to be one of those picks that are just a mid round waste...i think he was a pretty big reach there but after the first 3 monster picks i cant complain.

chris carter was just tremendous value for there....i really wanted greg jones though. i dont think very highly of worilds so this pick isnt a real shocker to me

keith williams is a better pick imo that guys like cameron stephenson and kraig urbik so no complaints here.

i believe batch will make this roster, you dont hear much about the RB out of a texas tech spread but the dude is talented
Old 05-01-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thoughts on the draft picks.

1.Cameron Heyward Ohio State-Great pick. Prototypical 3-4 end. Was hoping Cam Jordan would some how fall to us but I really like this pick. In other years where the d-line wasn't as strong Heyward would have gone alot higher.

2.Marcus Gilbert Florida-Like Cam I knew this would be the pick because of the way the ways things fell into place and that the steelers had Gilbert in for a visit. I haven't watched enough Gilbert to really make an evaluation, but the pick certainly fills a need. Many feel Gilbert is best playing the right side.

3.Curtis Brown Texas-Again this pick fills a need. I ran out of time before the draft and didn't get to watch all the video I wanted to on the prospects. I was in the middle of watching line backers and just about to get into watching the D-backs when the draft started. I liked what i saw from Brown at the combine.

4.Cortez Allen The Citadel-Once again as with the last three picks i knew this was going to be the pick once the Steelers went on the clock as it was a big need and he came in for a visit. I wasn't a huge fan of this pick. I'm thinking that Allen could have been had at least a round or two later. Did any other team even like this kid? I think that Davon House that went to Green Bay with the next pick will be better. If I'm going to take a chance on a small school kid, he better be a supreme athlete, and this kid is not that.

5.Chris Carter LB Fresno State-I'm a big fan of this pick. I think this kid could be a huge steal and one of the best 3-4 LB prospects to come out of this draft. I wouldn't be shocked if he is soon ahead of Jason Worilds on the depth chart.

6.Keith Williams G Nebraska-Didn't like this pick. Another need pick. What I've read in scouting reports of this kid say that he has some tools but doesn't play up to his ability. I liked Zach Hurd from UCONN and Andrew Jackson from Fresno State better.

7.Baron Batch RB Texas Tech-Not a fan of this pick. I guess I understand that this guy has great hands but I was screaming from the 4-7 round to get an impact third down back. I wanted a guy like Taiwan Jones, Jaquizz Rogers, Dion Lewis or Noelle Devine. This kid could be solid but i wanted a guy that has more potential to be something more than Mewelde Moore just a solid third down back.

Overall I liked the draft...I hate to put grades on these things but if I had to I would give it a B or a B-

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Here are some UDFAs that I hope that we can real into camp:

Monte Simmons OLB Kent State

- A long, but undersized pass rusher who we worked out at his Pro Day. Could bring competition to camp and could be a solid player if we can stash away on the Practice Squad. He's one of several Pittsburgh based kids I hope we can sign.

Darrin Walls CB Notre Dame

-Another Pittsburgh based kid that I am pretty high on. He's plenty big (6'0 190 pounds), plenty fast (4.47 at his Pro Day), and plenty physical to where he could be a solid nickle or dime back. Had some problems in college, but had a solid college season and could be a nice surprise if given a chance.

Dwight Dasher RB/RS Middle Tennessee St

- A thick, more quick than fast playmaker who can make a difference for our special teams. One of the most prolific playmakers in college football in his time at MTSU and could be another Randle El for us.

Kai Forbath K UCLA

- Almost came out after his Jr season, but opted to return. He's a strong legged guy who has good accuracy. He might have to adjust being in Heinz Field, but it'd be worth a tryout.

David Mims OT Virginia Union

- He is a mountain of a man at 6'8 340 pounds with long arms. Needs coaching, but he has a lot of upside for a RT prospect, as he can maul and move any person in front of him. He'd be worth a shot and could be a solid starter for the Steelers down the line.

Ian Williams NT Notre Dame

-One guy I am very surprised went undrafted. He doesn't offer much as a pass rusher, but he's a solid 2 down run stopper and can be coached and groomed to replace Casey Hampton.

Darvin Adams WR Auburn

-Came out after a solid Jr season and he might be regretting that decision now. He's plenty big, plenty fast, and has great hands. More of a possession reciever, but could be a solid camp body who can make the team.

Deunta Williams FS North Carolina

-Probably the guy I want most out of this group. Once considered a top 2 round safety in this class after his Jr season, he got suspended four games and broke his leg in the bowl game, which made him not be able to work out. I expect him to be in high demand, but with Will Allen only a special teamer, Ryan Clark showing signs of slowing down, and Ryan Mundy being a career backup, Williams could make this team and be a major steal as an UDFA. He brings size, speed, cover ability, and he can hit as well.

Mario Harvey LB Marshall

-We brought him on a visit and I am surprised he went undrafted. He's short, but he's very well built and can really run. He is in the mold of London Fletcher because he can pack a punch when he hits. A surprisingly good blitzer, but projects more of a thumper who makes the tackles. If anything, he'll be a very good special teams player and provide significant depth inside.

Brandon Bair DE Oregon

-He's a little old, but he is a nice project as a 5-tech for our defense. A solid run stopper who can penetrate in the backfield and tackle running backs for loses. Could also be in high demand because I'm surprised he wasn't drafted either.

Kendric Burney CB North Carolina

-Yeah he's a little short, doesn't jump all that wel, and kinda slow, but man does this kid have some fiestiness to him. A zone defender, but is very physical when he tackles and has great ball skills. Could be a Willie Gai type, but probably not as fast and has better ball skills. He could be our blitzing corner and come up with a few key interceptions while he is at it.

Pat Devlin QB Delaware

-I put him down strictly as a practice squad QB and developmental guy. Batch isn't going to play much longer, Dixon has shown promise, but too much of a project throwing the ball, and Lefty is nothing more than a backup. I like Devlin. I believe he could be a solid back up QB in this league and he could be groomed to be a starter if everything clicks. Is accurate, strong armed, and can move outside the pocket, but is just too inconsistant.

Corbin Bryant DE Northwestern

-We can never have too many quality defensive lineman. Bryant also came in for a visit and I like his potential as a back up as well.

Andre Smith TE Virginia Tech

-Not much of a pass catcher, but he's a very solid blocker who can come in during short yardage and goal line situations and move the pile. Pretty atheletic for a guy his size (6'5 275).

Zach Hurd G UCONN

-Another guy I am surprised wasn't drafted. He's a mauler who is better suited inside at guard, but could play tackle if needed. He's a lot like Ramon Foster.

Zack Pianalto TE North Carolina

-Was North Carolina's leading reciever before he went down with a broken fibula and has been hampered with injuries in three seasons in Chapel Hill. When he's healthy, he's a solid pass catcher and a solid blocker. An ideal H-Back who could be another redzone weapon for Ben.

Zane Taylor C/G Utah

-Another short, but squatty interior lineman that we do love. He's strong and can run block well. He's a lot like Doug Legursky, but he's taller and might be a better pass blocker.

Anthony Walters FS Delaware

-He played corner at Delaware, but projects as a S in the NFL. He's a ballhawk with 12 career interceptions. Like Williams, he could be another guy who could surprise and push someone off the roster and be a potential starter.

Mana Silva S Hawaii

-Another ballhawk who wore the same number as his hero, Troy Polamalu. Might never be a star or even a starter, but I believe he could be a solid coverage package guy who can roam the field with Troy and intercept passes. Colected 14 interceptions as a 2 year starter. Had a great Pro Day running in the 4.4s and had a 40 inch vert.

Dom Deciccio S/LB Pittsburgh

-Another Pittsburgh based kid who could be a special teams beast. He's versatile and could play numerous positions for the Steelers.

Davon Morgan S Virginia Tech

-Not real fast, but projects as a solid special teamer in the NFL.

These guys are not in order, but these are just a few that I really want to sign and believe they could help our ballclub. Other guys I like are Ricardo Lockette, Anthony Gray, Derrick Locke, DeAndre Brown, and Kevin Rutland.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
lance uppercut
Rookie

lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
heres my future outlook write ups for the top 3 picks...never been so excited about all 3 first picks
jmo, but I think mcfaddens roster spot is in bigger jeopardy than Willie g's.

nice write-up.
lance uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance uppercut View Post
jmo, but I think mcfaddens roster spot is in bigger jeopardy than Willie g's.

nice write-up.
Gai is a FA though. BMac is experienced, normally productive, and a solid guy to have. I think he works well in the nickle situation. I wouldn't mind Gai back, but only if they will not shift him outside.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Per Rotoworld:

Quote:
The Steelers tried unsuccessfully to trade up in the second round for a cornerback.

Their primary targets were presumably Ras-I Dowling and Aaron Williams, the first two players off the board on Friday. The Steelers were "all ready" to draft Brandon Harris late in the round, only to see the Texans trade up to steal him. Tackle Marcus Gilbert was Plan B for Pittsburgh.
Personally, I'm not at all pissed at how things turned out. I'd have loved to acquire Ras-I Dowling, but we got Gilbert and Brown instead so I'm not complaining.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-02-2011, 08:10 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

gilbert was not a bad plan B....im kinda surprised brown wasnt plan B after failing to trade up and being ready to take harris
Old 05-02-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

An early 2012 mock:

1) Kenny Tate FS Maryland

-A big, physical pressence in the deep half of the field. Ryan Clark's future replacement. Brings size, ball skills, blitzing ability, and an intimidating pressence in the back half. A little tall, but IMO, that doesn't matter to me. This kid is a stud.

2) Cordy Glenn OG Georgia

We continue to stock pile picks into our offensive line. Glenn is a nasty run blocker who will open up holes in the run game. With a right side of Pouncey-Glenn-Gilbert, we could open up a very solid running lane for Mendenhall.

3) Jerry Franklin MLB Arkansas

The linebacking class for next year is going to be absolutely disgusting. The class will remind people of this year's DL class. While I would love to land a stud MLB, picking Franklin would not be a bad idea at all. He's a solid thumper who can play the pass as well. James Farrior's replacement.

4) George Bryan TE NC State

-A solid reciever and blocker.

5) Brandon Thompson NT Clemson

-A solid and stout run stopper. Casey Hampton's replacement.

6) Nick Toon WR Wisconsin

-Not fast, but has solid hands and could project as a possession reciever in the NFL.

7) Tashuan Gipson CB Wyoming

-Another big CB to groom.

This is just a preview and I know it isn't good right now, but I was bored. haha.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

1. Mike Brewster c/g ohio state
2. Jayron hosely CB Va tech
3. Don'ta Hightower MLB Alabama
4. Marvin Mcnutt WR Iowa
5. Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington
6. Greg Williams OLB Pittsburgh
7. Blair Walsh K Georgia

this was ******* hard