Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bell? McFadden? Plax, ARE, not signing them or letting them walk in FA is almost the same thing. I guess you have a point as well, its just sooner or later it'll come back to bight us in the ass.

I don't remember the last time any team had to pay a luxury tax.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really can't say that we regretted cutting/letting walk any of those guys. Kendrell Bell came in as an absolute star in the making his rookie year and then teams realized that all he could do was rush in a straight line and he couldn't figure out coverages or blitz schemes and I'm pretty sure KC regretted ever signing him.

Do you really regret letting McFadden suck nuts out in Arizona or ARE get paid $1mil/catch in Washington!?!?

Plax - OK that's the one guy that could have still been productive when he left but he wasn't happy here and the coaching staff wasn't happy with him so I can't really say it was regrettable.

And if it comes back to bite us (which we all know restructuring is just a temporary fix), we'll just do the same thing over again and purge the unneccessary contracts in 2-3 years.

Just for the record, I'm by no means trying to attack you or anything, I'm just defending the way the team officials have handled things to this point in dealing with the cap restrictions. It's gotta be a delicate balance to keep your team competitive and also stay under the cap all while trying to keep your players happy with their respective compensations.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that the Redskins, Cowboys, and Raiders have all paid the luxury tax in recent years. But take into consideration their respective owners who are all attention whores who are willing to pay out the wazoo to win even if they're spending it on all the wrong people (which makes me happy to watch)

Last edited by CDub : 02-08-2012 at 07:45 PM.
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT has restructured is contract. Nice.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ike Taylor has joined the bandwagon & restructured his deal as well.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like they're going to get rid of that 25 mil over the cap easily. Hoke retiring plus those three restructures takes care a lot of it.

Still not going to have enough to go out and sign any bg free agents or anything, but at least they'll have enou to sign Wallace long term and keep themselves from dismantling the team.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

Apparently Jason LaCanfora of NFL network is reporting that there are rumors that we are going to cut Hines. I haven't found any other reports of this yet. Maybe it's just a move to cut his salary & we'll re-sign him to a more cap friendly deal or maybe............it's the end of an era.....?
Old 02-12-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anyone tell me about Nigel Bradham?

Seen a few clips of him, he looks like a baller.

Possible ILB target?
Old 02-12-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Can anyone tell me about Nigel Bradham?

Seen a few clips of him, he looks like a baller.

Possible ILB target?
He was going to be put into my new mock. Dude is a badass.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
He was going to be put into my new mock. Dude is a badass.
Can you tell me abit about him? All i have seen is that he is a badass, but who does he compare to, is he a just a thumper, or is he serviceable in coverage etc etc

Thanks bro!
Old 02-13-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

Kevin Colbert met with the press today and according to Scott Brown of the Trib - who was interviewed on ESPN 970 w Joe Bendal - one of he things that stood out was that Mendenhall may miss the entire season next year but that they are NOT moving RB any further up their draft priority board. They are apparently happy going into next year with Redman, Dwyer, Clay, hopefully Batch, & possibly Moore.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Can you tell me abit about him? All i have seen is that he is a badass, but who does he compare to, is he a just a thumper, or is he serviceable in coverage etc etc

Thanks bro!
He's a very hard hitter. Like Harrison, I wouldn't be surprised to see him cause multiple flags/fines from him. He's also very good in coverage. I'd take him in the 3rd and possibly 4th if he slips that far.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone see ESPN saying that Pittsburgh may be the best fit for Mario Williams? Could we afford him?

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santonio10 View Post
Did anyone see ESPN saying that Pittsburgh may be the best fit for Mario Williams? Could we afford him?
Oh lord no. That dude is going to get PAID. Plus, where would he fit? I'd LOVE it, but we'd have to give up too much for it.

Also, I'm making the 2012 Offseason/Regular Season thread soon.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh lord no. That dude is going to get PAID. Plus, where would he fit? I'd LOVE it, but we'd have to give up too much for it.

Also, I'm making the 2012 Offseason/Regular Season thread soon.
owww come on....

This will never happen

who on ESPN would ever utter such a thing?

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would be so happy if our offseason consisted of todd haley and mario williams lol

hed fit at ROLB, move harrison to the middle and just unleash woodley and williams...boner
Old 02-15-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Wouldn't mind if our firs three picks looked like this:

1) Mike Adams
2) Vontaze Burfict
3) Brandon Brooks

I think that would be very, very sexy.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would rather have Brandon Washington, to play G. I don't know why but just something.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wouldn't mind if our firs three picks looked like this:

1) Mike Adams
2) Vontaze Burfict
3) Brandon Brooks

I think that would be very, very sexy.
i just cant see adams not going top 15, and i just cant see taze slipping out of round one. but that would be an amazing draft, really an unfair one. you turn 2 weaknesses into incredible strengths
Old 02-15-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i just cant see adams not going top 15, and i just cant see taze slipping out of round one. but that would be an amazing draft, really an unfair one. you turn 2 weaknesses into incredible strengths
I can't see Adams falling either, but it wouldn't surprise me. Taze is going to fall. I read that he's out of shape badly and pushing up 225 only 15 or so times. If he has a bad combine, he's going to fall. I'd take a chance on him in the second.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
I can't see Adams falling either, but it wouldn't surprise me. Taze is going to fall. I read that he's out of shape badly and pushing up 225 only 15 or so times. If he has a bad combine, he's going to fall. I'd take a chance on him in the second.
Its definitely a possibility, Tommy Blake went undrafted a few years ago, he was a top 5 talent, but his mental health issues completely dropped him from everyone's boards. While Taze isnt on the same level as that, some teams will be put off by his anger/control issues.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I honestly would not be surprised if Taze falls out of the top 2 rounds.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

that would be a travesty imo...just a steal whoever lands him that late.

hes never been a chiseled athlete...always kinda a gut, 15 reps would surprise me though

my god he would be amazing next to timmons
Old 02-15-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I think we need a thicker body lb next to timmons. Still holding out hope for my man Sylvester.

I don't think we would be such a steal in the second, a good value pick but not steal.

If we do go Lb we need someone who can play outside or inside. or draft one of both, hard to believe we would keep Harrison around next year unless he dropped his salary. For a 35 year old lb to make 6 million is cray
Old 02-15-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

hightower would be our man if were looking for a MLB that can kick outisde

im still heavily in the favor of taze, combine will be interesting
Old 02-15-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

I would take Taze over almost anyone in the draft...i just like crazy bastards!

Im just not sure the Steelers would take him, the whole media fiasco surrounding James Harrison might put them off :(

If we dont land Taze, Nigel Bradham or Hightower would be my next choice at ILB.