Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
He should go there. He'd probably earn more in the UFL because he'd likely be their biggest star.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
He should go there. He'd probably earn more in the UFL because he'd likely be their biggest star.
I don't think he's going to have a choice. No team is going to sign him.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UFL ain't gonna pay Tiki's bills! He would probably have more longevity there though.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
UFL ain't gonna pay Tiki's bills! He would probably have more longevity there though.
The NFL is not going to pay them either. But I think he could make a little bit more in the UFL. If a team does bring him in on a flyer in the NFL it's gonna be for the vet minimum. What are the top tier of UFL players making?
Old 03-09-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The NFL is not going to pay them either. But I think he could make a little bit more in the UFL. If a team does bring him in on a flyer in the NFL it's gonna be for the vet minimum. What are the top tier of UFL players making?
I think NFL minimum is still higher than UFL maximum. But I agree, no NFL team is going to sign him.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-09-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I don't think he's going to have a choice. No team is going to sign him.
I would sign him. Rosters are expanding whenever the new CBA is signed, I think that's a given. You get a ton of camp players anyway. Would you rather have Joe Smith UDFA RB from some small school in camp or take a flyer on Tiki Barber still having a least a little left to be a part time player. The small chance of a big reward is worth the risk of taking up a spot in camp.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if a team is stupid enough to sign him, does anyone believe he won't try to use this to get himself another media job after he retires again?
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
if a team is stupid enough to sign him, does anyone believe he won't try to use this to get himself another media job after he retires again?
Of course he will. I expect eventually some regional sports network will offer him a spot.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-09-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This could be a calculated PR move on Tiki's part to get his name back out there. Perhaps document his "comeback", win over public perception by showing his work ethic and his "softer side", then get back into the media after painting a nicer picture of himself during a comeback effort?

Maybe? I wouldn't put it past him.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think NFL minimum is still higher than UFL maximum. But I agree, no NFL team is going to sign him.
Agree, no question about it.
Tiki's age, and the fact that all his ex-teammates think he's a piece of crap... why would a team bring that all into their locker room?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to the article, the average UFL player makes 50k a year. lol. That's barely enough to make a third of his monthly child support/spousal support payments. Whoo, Tiki, you done sure pissed Lady Karma off.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah but Tiki Barber wouldn't be making the UFL average.

The UFL lost about $50 million last year. They are in dire straits as they had to fold a team that made the championship in its two years to Norfolk, Virginia. They hired a multimillionaire businessman who last was an offensive coordinator in 1982 at Dartmouth (no lie) to coach one of its teams.

However, Barber would add interest to the league. JP Losman, in its inaugural year, was given a $1 million deal. I'm certain if Barber went to Vegas or Hartford (the two most ideal locations for him), he'd definitely get his pay.

The UFL has also had a problem paying its players and coaches on time too. So I'm curious to see if they make it past this season.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Come back Tiki! I can teach you how to carry the ball low and away from your body!"

- Jim Fasshole
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I read in an article that he owes his wife $150K per MONTH in child support.
Is this true? If so, I don't get it. Sure he's a douche for what he did to his pregnant wife, but who needs that much money per month to raise four children? $1.8M per year!? Also, how can anybody be expected to maintain a high enough income to pay that? It's asinine.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
Is this true? If so, I don't get it. Sure he's a douche for what he did to his pregnant wife, but who needs that much money per month to raise four children? $1.8M per year!? Also, how can anybody be expected to maintain a high enough income to pay that? It's asinine.
http://www.zimbio.com/Tiki+Barber/ar...fter+Estranged

That's where I got the info. Not sure how they came up with that figure.

i done stole dis sig
Old 03-09-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
I might get bashed for this, and there I know there are a lot of asshole guys out there who don't take care of their families, but the system is pretty broken when it comes to child support and how courts determine who gets the kids after a divorce.

It's soooo biased toward the mother it's not funny. There used to be a girl I worked with who didn't finish high school and had 3 kids and a history of drug and alcohol problems. She divorced her husband who had a great paying job and a house and all that, and he got the kids temporarily until she could prove that she could hold down a job. When she started working where I did, they let her have her kids back to live in a small apartment and get by on her meager salary..(if it was similar to what I was making, she was going to have trouble caring for 4 people.)

I think the mother has to basically try and kill the kids in order to have them go to the father, and it's BS.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.zimbio.com/Tiki+Barber/ar...fter+Estranged

That's where I got the info. Not sure how they came up with that figure.
Ok, thanks, I see it...

Quote:
Ginny's alimony demands are reportedly $150,000 a month according to Barber sources.
Ahh, so that's what she wants. Still, if it ends up anywhere close to that, it's crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I might get bashed for this, and there I know there are a lot of asshole guys out there who don't take care of their families, but the system is pretty broken when it comes to child support and how courts determine who gets the kids after a divorce.

It's soooo biased toward the mother it's not funny. There used to be a girl I worked with who didn't finish high school and had 3 kids and a history of drug and alcohol problems. She divorced her husband who had a great paying job and a house and all that, and he got the kids temporarily until she could prove that she could hold down a job. When she started working where I did, they let her have her kids back to live in a small apartment and get by on her meager salary..(if it was similar to what I was making, she was going to have trouble caring for 4 people.)

I think the mother has to basically try and kill the kids in order to have them go to the father, and it's BS.
I know very little about the system, but it sure sounds broken. Thanks for sharing.

Ok, sorry everybody, back to the Tiki-bashing! :)
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
This could be a calculated PR move on Tiki's part to get his name back out there. Perhaps document his "comeback", win over public perception by showing his work ethic and his "softer side", then get back into the media after painting a nicer picture of himself during a comeback effort?

Maybe? I wouldn't put it past him.
No, I think he's just broke.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's probably hoping that if he can make it back into the NFL, someone will want to turn it into a movie.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Herschel Walker or Tiki Barber, who ya got?
Herschel in round one, gogoplata.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the **** does the broad need $150K per month for?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So you retired like a year early? and now your like 2-3 years late too late.

Tiki No.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
nails, shoes, cooking equipment.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I agree that the rules are tailored in favor of the Mother, but Tiki deserves it. I think he has 4 kids if I am not mistaken. He left his wife, and started banging a younger blonde. Then the moral clause got his contract terminated so he brought this all on himself. Screw him! Now he has to claw back for money.

I don't feel bad for him. I actually, in this specific case, feel bad for the wife. 4 kids, with 2 babies with a douche of a guy. If I am not mistaken she didn't let him in to the delivery room. Screw Tiki in this case.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the UFL is even going to take the field this year.

However, if they want Tiki, it's a good deal.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote