Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 03-22-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default AJ Green Take a Seat - JULIO JONES YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7djgR4tDSg
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's like 2a. 5-star lock, but the only thing that was better than A.J.s is the editing.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc9xk33GasI

check it
Old 03-22-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Green's vid over this one, most of those highlights is him running over little d-backs.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i got to go with Green ( but im biased)
Old 03-22-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
Ahh there it is, that one is a lot more impressive
Old 03-22-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
Ahh there it is, that one is a lot more impressive
Its on par with Noel Devine and Reggie Bush.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me the athletic freak. Julio Jones is about 20-30lbs heavier than Green, runs faster, jumps higher, is stronger, and can do more with the ball in his hands. That video is just a start, I'm not comparing it Green's video because the Jones one is basically a repetition of a FEW plays, whereas the Green video is a compilation of pretty much every single one of his highlights.

Trust me, Jones is easily as good as Green but doesn't get the same media hype. He is a freakish athlete and IMO looks like the next Calvin Johnson.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Newbs24
Rookie

Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.Newbs24 is a cocksman.

I would have to say AJ Green is a Calvin Johnson type video where he makes great/crazy catches because his QB is so damn bad. Julio Jones has a Dwayne Jarett type film because he has a decent QB making throws to him and doesn't have to come back 5 yards for EVERY SINGLE throw. I would take both in a heartbeat though.
Newbs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbs24 View Post
I would have to say AJ Green is a Calvin Johnson type video where he makes great/crazy catches because his QB is so damn bad. Julio Jones has a Dwayne Jarett type film because he has a decent QB making throws to him and doesn't have to come back 5 yards for EVERY SINGLE throw. I would take both in a heartbeat though.
I was making a pure athletic comparison. Nothing against Green, but he isn't half as athletic as Jones who looks like a mirror image of Calvin Johnson. Huge frame, incredible jumping ability (Jones tested out at 40-inches as what? A 16 year old?), the exact same long strided speed, dominating strength as a wideout.

I always see people compare Green to Moss which makes very little sense to me. Moss is a blazer (on and off the field ;) ) who could run past anyone. Green is athletic, but he doesn't have anywhere near elite speed and thats pretty damn obvious from his film alone. His natural talent is his incredible body control and ability to come down with anything thrown near him. I'd compare him physically to a Sidney Rice type player with Larry Fitzgerald's ball skills. Nowhere near an elite athlete but can flat out make plays.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm, this Julio Jones guy looks like how I play, except for I'm much smaller than him.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
snuff

Looks like a good runningback. Ill stick with AJ easily.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

yeah, I'll take AJ Green, thanks.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost View Post
yeah, I'll take AJ Green, thanks.
Yeah, call me back when Julio Jones makes AJ Green look like Todd Pinkston.

If my stats are correct, Jones put up better numbers against better competition (Top Alabama > South Carolina), is a better athlete, is bigger, and is just as skilled. LOLz. I've seen him play in person, that highlight reel didn't even feature half of his best moments. Stop dick-riding, if Julio Jones' full video was available on YouTube none of you would be talking. He's that good.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

I think it's really close, they're both top 10 players in this class in my opinion.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:59 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by metafour View Post

If my stats are correct, Jones put up better numbers against better competition (Top Alabama > South Carolina), is a better athlete, is bigger, and is just as skilled. LOLz. I've seen him play in person, that highlight reel didn't even feature half of his best moments. Stop dick-riding, if Julio Jones' full video was available on YouTube none of you would be talking. He's that good.
As soon as you get off Jones' :p
Old 03-23-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
snuff

The concentration and hands of AJ is on Calvin Johnson level in my opinion. Julio Jones made what two catches in his video?
Old 03-23-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metafour View Post

relax ....
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff View Post
The concentration and hands of AJ is on Calvin Johnson level in my opinion. Julio Jones made what two catches in his video?
So you're basically comparing off videos? Trust me, this is a tiny video that shows off about 10 plays. This is clearly a hype arguement, because frankly no one would be talking about AJ Green if he didn't have a video thats been out for months that is INCREDIBLY put together.

I've seen Julio Jones play live. He makes plays as good as many in Green's video, except he completely blows him out of the water athletically.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AJ GREEN CATCHES everything!!!!!!!!!!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
AJ GREEN CATCHES everything!!!!!!!!!!
Just about. I had to play against him 3 times. We shut him down twice though.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:37 AM    (permalink
reese

aj green and its not even close....the other boy probley has green's highlight saved on his favorites on youtube
Old 05-26-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd just like to point out that metafour may not be the only one who feels this way. Rivals just ranked their 5-star players and Julio Jones was #3, while A.J. Green was #4.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A lot of people feel Jones is better. I agree with them. Green has sick hands, but Jones has just as good hands and is a more explosive guy as far as getting open and running after the catch.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who plays against better competition? I'm assuming Jones?

I think Jones is a better athlete. I think I would take Jones.

But like mentioned both are incredible talents and everyone would want one of these guys on their team.
BUSTKUNTLAWL is offline   Reply With Quote