Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 05-28-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivals and Scout both have Jones ranked higher. I'm not trying to toot my horn, but like I said, Jones is a freakish athlete which AJ Green will never match. Both are incredible talents and Green DOES have more developed ball skills, but Jones is nothing to laugh about in that aspect himself (to go along with being a better athlete and a bigger threat after the catch with the ball in his hands).
metafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by metafour View Post
Rivals and Scout both have Jones ranked higher. I'm not trying to toot my horn, but like I said, Jones is a freakish athlete which AJ Green will never match. Both are incredible talents and Green DOES have more developed ball skills, but Jones is nothing to laugh about in that aspect himself (to go along with being a better athlete and a bigger threat after the catch with the ball in his hands).
you are outragous...on rivals jones is ranked 3 and green is 4 so to say green could never match jones isnt smart obviously the experts think they are neck in neck
Old 05-29-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donsay Hardeman smokes all deese foos! Dude knocked out like 3 or 4 of his teammates in spring practice and his coaches told him no more full contact until the regular season. Dude's a flat out beast and he's most likely going to end up at Illinois.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Metafour, I see what are your talking about now. At this point Green is the better WR, but i am on the boat with you that down the road Jones has more potential to be that rare WR.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

IMHO, Aj Greene = Larry Fitzgerald.

Julio Jones has potential Calvin Johnson measurables, although he's not quite as polished as Greene yet. We'll see how they end up in college. Easily the 2 best wideout prospects in the last few years.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
NittanyLion2k7
Pro Bowler

NittanyLion2k7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Julio Jones was easily more impressive. He's just so tremendously physical, and can make so many people miss. His stiff arm, sidesteps and jukes are all completely nasty. Just a no nonsense guy. In the college level he'll still be able to do most of those things. Just a flat out monster.

Not to take anything away from A.J. Green, he's a bit faster I think on a go route, and he can make the vertical catches, one handers and over the shoudlers look easy. But in the College level you won't be able to play pitch and catch nearly as much and A.J. Green won't be as dominant in my opinion. I didn't really see him make moves or make guys miss, he's more of a finesse player by far.

Julio Jones flat out looked like Terrel Owens out there...
NittanyLion2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.metafour is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05 View Post
IMHO, Aj Greene = Larry Fitzgerald.

Julio Jones has potential Calvin Johnson measurables, although he's not quite as polished as Greene yet. We'll see how they end up in college. Easily the 2 best wideout prospects in the last few years.
Thats the comparison I would make as well.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reese View Post
you are outragous...on rivals jones is ranked 3 and green is 4 so to say green could never match jones isnt smart obviously the experts think they are neck in neck
Sorry if I should have worded it differently, but I meant to say that Green will never match Jones' freakish athletic ability....not that he'll never be able to match Jones as a player.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
reese

oh ok.....
Old 12-24-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AJ Green plays against better competition. He just catches everything. Julio Jones is a better athlete sure but Green is just simply a better WR. Even though hes gonna be a WR he is also a pretty good DB. He will do some good things early in Georgia.

Edit: i just found this http://vfb8e8l0g9.killerfrog.com/vid...tch/index.html

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 12-24-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
AJ Green plays against better competition. He just catches everything. Julio Jones is a better athlete sure but Green is just simply a better WR. Even though hes gonna be a WR he is also a pretty good DB. He will do some good things early in Georgia.

Edit: i just found this http://vfb8e8l0g9.killerfrog.com/vid...tch/index.html

I love this statement since he played against me for 3 years.

I guess that i am the only one on this site to have actually play against him.

He is the truth. Most of the time all his Qb did was just throw it to him and he would somehow catch it.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
metafour
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
AJ Green plays against better competition.
Uhhh, no.

Alabama HS football > South Carolina HS football. Not even close.