Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-23-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Official Dubstep Thread

Dubstep has been around for quite awhile but it looks like it's starting to become more mainstream over this past year. Dubstep has evolved into my favorite genre with guys like rusko/nero/bassnectar/chase & status/doctor p/benga/skrillex

Anyone else been into womps lately?

Just to start it off I'll go with the song that brought me into dubstep. I also have a 98 song playlist on youtube if you are interested in some of the bigger more popular songs of the genre.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...C8522AC43C3949

New Rusko

Some Skrillex which is awesome

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Girl Talk

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

meh. I find those terrible. I don't really know the difference between dubstep, trance, house, dance. whatever whatever. I just now I like some old school Florida classics like these -

Keoki is another favorite. Ego Trip is without a doubt my all time favorite CD in that category...

damn man you got me on a DJ trip now...how about this for some DNB -

Did any of that qualify as dubstep???
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXHAEOEA4yk

I don't know how to get the video to show
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post

Did any of that qualify as dubstep???
Your last one is close. Everything you posted before that had more of a trance/house feel to it for me.

Dubstep is almost always 140 bpm....so it's a little faster than the stuff you posted. Dubstep primarily uses wobble bass and I didn't really see any of that in your stuff.

Probably my favorite song in the genre right now

Some more dubstep

Not sure if this counts as dubstep..but it brought me to the genre

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-24-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post

I don't know how to get the video to show
Drum and Bass is awesome too...sick song

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-24-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been to a Skrillex concert. Let me tell you...it is...interesting. Especially since this one was all ages.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I can about imagine how many twacked out 16 year old girls there were slooting it up with you damix.

<---tad bit jelly

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-24-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* LOVE dupstep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love it. Chrispy and the UKF guys do it best (Flux Pavilion in particular). Not that into Bassnectar, but he's been touring and apparently does a nice live show.

Last edited by nepg : 03-24-2011 at 05:53 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a big fan. I went to a few shows when it got big here at Ole Miss a year or so ago, I saw Bassnectar and Pretty Lights. The shows were good but I'm not a huge fan of just listening to it. Seeing it at a show was cool though.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are 2 things in this world that I love: Dubstep and having lots and lots of quarters in my car.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I've been to a Skrillex concert. Let me tell you...it is...interesting. Especially since this one was all ages.
I seen Skrillex at SXSW last week along with almost every good rapper that is out right now. I saw so many good shows, unfortunately Wiz's was $160.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I'm not a big fan. I went to a few shows when it got big here at Ole Miss a year or so ago, I saw Bassnectar and Pretty Lights. The shows were good but I'm not a huge fan of just listening to it. Seeing it at a show was cool though.
Bassnectar isn't good, though... He's just popular.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Old 03-24-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting thread.

I'm guess I'm old. Not a big dubstep fan. I'm an old school dnb guy. Love my house, trance, and prog house. Ambient trance to chill to. I just can't get into dubstep. I like some of the sounds, but it doesn't hook me.

Crisco, what rappers did you see at SXSW? I missed the entire week as I was out of town.

Saw Bassnectar a few years ago. Meh music, very good show. It's more of a spectacle than anything else.

LOL @ Damix. I remember those kinds of parties. Before I got old, they were interesting. Still always preferred 21+ venues.

I remember hitting the Electric Daisy Carnival here in Austin in 2001. It was a fun lineup. Roni Size was awesome that night.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Interesting thread.

I'm guess I'm old. Not a big dubstep fan. I'm an old school dnb guy. Love my house, trance, and prog house. Ambient trance to chill to. I just can't get into dubstep. I like some of the sounds, but it doesn't hook me.

Crisco, what rappers did you see at SXSW? I missed the entire week as I was out of town.

Saw Bassnectar a few years ago. Meh music, very good show. It's more of a spectacle than anything else.

LOL @ Damix. I remember those kinds of parties. Before I got old, they were interesting. Still always preferred 21+ venues.

I remember hitting the Electric Daisy Carnival here in Austin in 2001. It was a fun lineup. Roni Size was awesome that night.

I'd say I do as well, but you can't complain about half naked 18 year olds running around and also never having to wait for a drink at the bar.

At least they kept the under 18 crew on the bottom floor
Old 03-24-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd say I do as well, but you can't complain about half naked 18 year olds running around and also never having to wait for a drink at the bar.

At least they kept the under 18 crew on the bottom floor
Oh, no complaints here about the underclothed hotties. I just remember the parties where there were plenty of under 18 kids. That gets weird. Seeing a bunch of young kids whacked out of their minds is depressing. I don't care what an adult does, but seeing some 15 year old freaking out is sad.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
There are 2 things in this world that I love: Dubstep and having lots and lots of quarters in my car.

What the **** did I just watch? hahah

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Went and saw Rusko at the 9:30 club last weekend. Was a pretty awesome show, the guy is a nut, never stops moving the entire time
Old 05-07-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure Pretty Lights qualifies as dubstep but More Important than Michael Jordan and Aimin at Your Head are two of my favorite songs.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

It was hard not to laugh at that. But I think I'm a better person because I held it in. Anyways, I love my robot music.

Last edited by WMD : 05-08-2011 at 11:35 PM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Went and saw Rusko at the 9:30 club last weekend. Was a pretty awesome show, the guy is a nut, never stops moving the entire time
I went to rusko on 4/20 in minneapolis and it was to date the best day of my life. I have a couple videos I might throw up....he knows how to work a crowd. Did he play renegade at your show?

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 05-10-2011, 05:27 AM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Rusko is immense, saw him at Creamfields and he tore **** up.

When he played this it went off!

Also if you guys get chance go and see Annie Mac (I think she has toured the US/Canada in the past but if she does in the future it's definately worth going to see her) my fav DJ atm and has helped really make dubstep mainstream over here last couple of years.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:47 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Anyone else pick up Circus One?