Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-23-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 other stories have quoted the star ledger, so the story banks on them, and this is the guy who makes mistakes every single day in his blog, most notably the salary cap mishap.

The deal might be dead, but I'd rather it from another source
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Sirius NFL Radio 2 minute drill reported....

Al Wilson failed his physical with the NY Giants due to a neck injury.

Take it for what its worth.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No wonder Denver wanted to unload him.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if we could still trade for him for significatly less? Did he miserably fail the physical?
Old 03-23-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you trade for damaged goods? A late twenties, LB, with major injury concerns. Sound familiar? It should. That's the last thing the Giants should do.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
premo11

i dont like the trade much. why would denver do this when they are on the doorstep of a big playoff run this year? doesnt make sense to me
Old 03-23-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is a neck injury a major injury concern? Arrington had a lot bigger problems, don't remember Wilson missing a lot of games.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Would you trade for damaged goods? A late twenties, LB, with major injury concerns. Sound familiar? It should. That's the last thing the Giants should do.

Major? He didn't miss any games with it. Thats why I asked if he miserably failed it. You could do worse for a 7th round pick if he barely failed the physical
Old 03-23-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Is a neck injury a major injury concern? Arrington had a lot bigger problems, don't remember Wilson missing a lot of games.

But you are foregetting the contract that LA signed.

The Giants would have to take on Wilson's $5 million per year through 2010.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Major? He didn't miss any games with it. Thats why I asked if he miserably failed it. You could do worse for a 7th round pick if he barely failed the physical
Two things make me thing that;

1. - He couldn't pass a physical, obviously.

2. - Most of all; it is unusual for the Broncos to almost give the guy away, for no where near market value. It seems to me that they are trying to get something from him, while they can.

That's just my theory.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Two things make me thing that;

1. - He couldn't pass a physical, obviously.

2. - Most of all; it is unusual for the Broncos to almost give the guy away, for no where near market value. It seems to me that they are trying to get something from him, while they can.

That's just my theory.
And as I said it is different between failing by a bit, and miserably failing. Of course I don't want a hopeless case.

We don't know the trade, so I can't really form an opinion on if they were going to get market value
Old 03-23-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

just draft lawrence timmons and be done with it...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teams have different credentials in terms of physicals.

Al passed his season ending physical at the Broncos with nothing concerning coming up on it. Denver has one of the best training staffs in the league in that regard and they take very good care of their players. I think the Giants were unwilling to take the salary that Al would come with. So, they deny it - in hopes to get Denver to lower their standards in what they want in the trade.

It'll be pick only, no players will be involved, but at best I see the Broncos getting a third-round for him now, more likely the Giants fourth this year, plus a conditional 2008 round pick. Giants hold all the cards in this trade, they have all the leverage. Regardless, Al will be dealt. He didn't fail this physical based on any lingering effects, as Al was interviewed and said it had nothing to do with that. Strictly a financial failure here.

Other teams remain interested. I'd like a first-day pick for him, but I'd take anything we could get for someone who is likely to either take a pay cut or be cut if a trade isn't worked.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

NJX-

From what I have been told, Reese is still very much interested in acquiring Wilson but he wants the Broncos to lower the demand because of the combination of salary and potential neck injuries. I'd be suprised to see the Giants trade for him though, but I would be even more suprised to see Wilson in a Broncos uniform next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
hideous.

well, at least we have a TE who doesn't really catch passes that well for way more money than he's worth instead. i'm stoked. can't wait for the lack of defensive leadership and overall ability at 2/3 LB positions. if/when this goes through, i have a difficult time imagining denver as better than 3rd place in the AFC West.
You have Cutler, everything will be fine.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote