Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: WHo would you put your money on among these 4 QBs
Christian Ponder 33 31.73%
Colin Kapernick 31 29.81%
Andy Dalton 22 21.15%
Ricky Stanzi 18 17.31%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Accuracy is the most important attribute for an NFL QB and Dalton comes out on top. I think he has a good shot at being the top QB from this draft class.

I have seen CK play and I believe he is a huge project. I can't ever see him being a starting caliber QB in the NFL unless he is mentor'd by a veteran for at least 2-3 yrs.

Ponder I could see being around an average starting NFL QB.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My money is on Ponder especially if he could play for a team/coach that runs the West Coast offense.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Accuracy is the most important attribute for an NFL QB and Dalton comes out on top. I think he has a good shot at being the top QB from this draft class.

I have seen CK play and I believe he is a huge project. I can't ever see him being a starting caliber QB in the NFL unless he is mentor'd by a veteran for at least 2-3 yrs.

Totally true, and it amazes me how often it's overlooked!
It makes a huge f***** difference.

Look at replays of the Super Bowl and Rodgers first TD to Jennings, and his last pass to Jennings on their final drive.... if those passes were 3 inches to the side, they'd both have been incomplete.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kaepernick is underrated because he played in a run-first offense in a minor conference. If you watch him, he actually has excellent vision, makes great decisions, has an NFL calibre arm, and makes the tough throw. Sure, he would tuck it and run but when he scrambles he does the Aaron Rodgers/Steve Young thing where he's looking to throw until he crosses the line of scrimmage. His mechanics need some cleaning up, but that's true of every QB this year.

If he lands in the right situation, I think Kaepernick ends up as the best QB in the draft.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
If he lands in the right situation, I think Kaepernick ends up as the best QB in the draft.
Where is that? Arizona, Seattle, Buffalo?
Fitzgerald, Williams, Williams?
Old 04-26-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Where is that? Arizona, Seattle, Buffalo?
Fitzgerald, Williams, Williams?
I don't rightly know. It has more to do with having a QB coach who's a good teacher and a coaching staff that is stable, secure, and patient. More likely Seattle than Arizona or Buffalo by that standard.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:15 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I really thought this voting would be close, as it is 2-3-4.
Had no idea #1 would lead by that much though. Amazing.

How would you guys factor Mallett and Locker among these guys?
It seems more and more "professional" mockers have Dalton almost a sure-fire late first now. I've not seen Ponder up there, or Colin.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shere Khan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Dalton.

Four year starter? Check.
Accuracy about 60% Check.
Has he won big games? Check.
Leader on the field? Check.
Strong enough arm? Check.
Red Hair to match the Bengals jerseys? Check.
Jay Gruden infatuation? Check.

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:31 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PLEASE give Tennessee Ponder if we go Fairley, I would die if we got Dalton.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is my final list of the best QBs:
1) Blaine Gabbert-like his upside, love his floor
2) Colin Kaepernick-A smarter, harder working Cam Newton without all of the character issues
3) Cam Newton-Love his upside, his floor is scary
4)Jake Locker-Tough, gritty, and athletic. Might never be an elite passer, but could end up being a big winner
5) Christian Ponder-Smart, good feet, could be Garcia-esque in a WCO. His weak arm could preclude him from doing well in many systems
6) Ryan Mallett-Character concerns are more concerning than his lead feet. Great size and arm make him enticing, but his floor is atrocious.
7) Andy Dalton-Played with a great defense and managed games well. He doesn't excite me. A Brian Griese ceiling, and a Brooks Bollinger career second string floor.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How dare you put Ponder on your list of 2nd/3rd tier QBs. That man is a top 12 pick!

lulz
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:25 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
How dare you put Ponder on your list of 2nd/3rd tier QBs. That man is a top 12 pick!

lulz
LOL, well that's why I listed him first among these guys!
Who would have thought that Ponder would have done so much in April to warrant going in the top 12. Wow.

Congrats Minnesota Vikings. You got your franchize QB for the next decade there.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Here is my final list of the best QBs:
1) Blaine Gabbert-like his upside, love his floor
2) Colin Kaepernick-A smarter, harder working Cam Newton without all of the character issues
3) Cam Newton-Love his upside, his floor is scary
4)Jake Locker-Tough, gritty, and athletic. Might never be an elite passer, but could end up being a big winner
5) Christian Ponder-Smart, good feet, could be Garcia-esque in a WCO. His weak arm could preclude him from doing well in many systems
6) Ryan Mallett-Character concerns are more concerning than his lead feet. Great size and arm make him enticing, but his floor is atrocious.
7) Andy Dalton-Played with a great defense and managed games well. He doesn't excite me. A Brian Griese ceiling, and a Brooks Bollinger career second string floor.
This is a thread to bookmark and check back in a few years.
The voters got it right, based on draft position among these guys.
As far as actual NFL talent/success/achievements, time will be the true judge.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say Kaepernick. He's the only one with the ability to drive the ball downfield and make all the throws.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'll say Kaepernick. He's the only one with the ability to drive the ball downfield and make all the throws.
Combine his tools with a former QB in harbaugh as his coach and he will make sure Kaep will get time to learn his trait

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:32 PM    (permalink
JanzenDX
Rookie

JanzenDX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
The cool thing about this site is everything is on record (except editing), and we can look back at this in 2, 3, 4 years.

I'll go out on a limb and say Kaepernick will never be anything better than a John Beck/Tarvarris Jackson/Brian Brohm/Chad Henne type.... a guy taken about round 2-3 who's given a few chances but never amounts to anything and is quickly forgotten about, dismissed, discarded.

I'm not high on that guy.

The other 3 could all become more successful IMO, but I lost some faith in Stanzi last year too. I really like Dalton, and Ponder if he can last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
i think ponder is gonna be a stud on some wco team.

kaepernick seems like dennis dixon to me...big arm, throws with velocity, has wheels on him but looks like a project that has second round potential. hes a little bigger than dixon, but similar players (dixon pre injury had about the same stock)
Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Ponder, Locker, Mallett, and Stanzi have been in my top 4 QBs since the end of the season. I think Newton rounds out my top 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfldraftfan View Post
Stanzi is the guy. The progression he made from his junior to senior seasons was remarkable. He is an absolute film rat and will be a starter in the NFL. Ideally, he would be the perfect guy to sit behind a veteran for three years or so and then get the keys handed to him.

Been stalking these forums for awhile, really had to bring this thread back up.
JanzenDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
JanzenDX
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post

Old 08-28-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
JanzenDX
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
Kaepernick is underrated because he played in a run-first offense in a minor conference. If you watch him, he actually has excellent vision, makes great decisions, has an NFL calibre arm, and makes the tough throw. Sure, he would tuck it and run but when he scrambles he does the Aaron Rodgers/Steve Young thing where he's looking to throw until he crosses the line of scrimmage. His mechanics need some cleaning up, but that's true of every QB this year.

If he lands in the right situation, I think Kaepernick ends up as the best QB in the draft

Wizard. Are you one?
Old 08-28-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
It's Ponder if he stays healthy. If not, I'd go with Stanzi. Dalton next and then Kaepernick way behind. Heck, I'd take Enderle and maybe even McElroy over him.
Oof, kind of wich I'd never typed the above statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's ok. I didn't really like Kaepernick, either. He just ran a really weird offense at Nevada and played in a lower-tier of football (easier to project Cam Newton, for example, since he played in a much tougher/faster conference), so in order to really like him you basically had to predict that he was going to live up to his tools, which is a great way to pick a lousy quarterback.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let us also realize that Colin went to an ideal situation in San Fran. Put him on the Panthers and we don't resurrect this thread.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Let us also realize that Colin went to an ideal situation in San Fran. Put him on the Panthers and we don't resurrect this thread.
so just no recognition of his actual skill set that got him drafted in the first place? just a pick and plug situation in SF?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
JanzenDX
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
so just no recognition of his actual skill set that got him drafted in the first place? just a pick and plug situation in SF?
This. People act like he somehow succeeded only because he went to the 49ers. He clearly went to a good situation, but how is that any different than Rodgers having been able to sit behind Favre for a few seasons, with a high quality coaching staff. He went to a good situation, but without the talent and all the tools, Rodgers would have been another Flynn or Harrell. I thought back then that Kaepernick had by far the greatest upside of any quarterback in that draft, I think he should have been an early first rounder but got dinged for playing in a lower level conference and for playing in a gimmick offense that utilized the pistol formation, the same pistol formation that over a dozen teams in the NFL are now using.

Looking back, I'm amazed at how overrated Ponder and Stanzi were in particular.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets be honest, CK's situation did have a lot to do with his success. Does that mean he wouldn't have been good anywhere else? Of course not, but to just ignore his situation he was drafted into would be foolish. I watched a bunch of him towards the end of the process, and I really loved him as a prospect but only in the right situation, I wasn't so bullish on him I thought he could make it in any situation.

Before the draft I knew he was raw, he needed to sit at least a year, he needed a great QB coach, he needed to work on his accuracy and mechanics, and he needed a team willing to be patient and teach him those things. I think it was PossibleCabbage who summed it up pretty well on page 1. Then once I saw the Niners get him I felt very confident he'd pan out because of Harbaugh working with him, because Alex Smith was the starter, and he was stepping into the best offensive line in the NFL.

Now he always the upside, the huge arm to drive the ball down field, and he was the one who put in the work to get better out there from his rookie season to second season. But if he was just thrown out somewhere as a rookie by a bad team(similiar to the Jets this year)I think it would have looked much different the first time he played in a regular season game. He went exactly where he needed to to tap into all the potential he had.

Then again, I'd take a guy like Kaepernick over Dalton every year. For the obvious reasons. I want a game changer at the position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:51 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Lets be honest, CK's situation did have a lot to do with his success. Does that mean he wouldn't have been good anywhere else? Of course not, but to just ignore his situation he was drafted into would be foolish. I watched a bunch of him towards the end of the process, and I really loved him as a prospect but only in the right situation, I wasn't so bullish on him I thought he could make it in any situation.

Before the draft I knew he was raw, he needed to sit at least a year, he needed a great QB coach, he needed to work on his accuracy and mechanics, and he needed a team willing to be patient and teach him those things. I think it was PossibleCabbage who summed it up pretty well on page 1. Then once I saw the Niners get him I felt very confident he'd pan out because of Harbaugh working with him, because Alex Smith was the starter, and he was stepping into the best offensive line in the NFL.

Now he always the upside, the huge arm to drive the ball down field, and he was the one who put in the work to get better out there from his rookie season to second season. But if he was just thrown out somewhere as a rookie by a bad team(similiar to the Jets this year)I think it would have looked much different the first time he played in a regular season game. He went exactly where he needed to to tap into all the potential he had.

Then again, I'd take a guy like Kaepernick over Dalton every year. For the obvious reasons. I want a game changer at the position.
I didn't ignore the fact that he went into a ideal situation. But I feel like, in some instances, Kaepernick's actual skills are being ignored because he did end up in an ideal situation or rather a situation that developed ideally. (Niners were 6-10 in 2010, Harbaugh and his staff were still unproven in the league, offensive line was still a question mark, defense still finding their identity, etc.) It just so happened that everything began to click from then on.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote