Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: WHo would you put your money on among these 4 QBs
Christian Ponder 33 31.73%
Colin Kapernick 31 29.81%
Andy Dalton 22 21.15%
Ricky Stanzi 18 17.31%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kaepernick obviously had the raw talent to be a big time player but on a lot of teams he wouldn't get the same opportunity to flourish. I'm not saying that he is a bad player or a system guy, but SF is currently one of the better places to play QB. Best OL, strong run game, great QB minded coach, and Harbaugh is willing to adapt the offense to suit the QB. I can easily see him failing if he is dropped on to a bad team with bad coaching. I believe good QBs can fail in bad spots. I think Rodgers could have busted if he started as a rookie.

I like Ponder a lot in that draft. I thought he was a great 2nd round QB and the went 12th and I lol'd. The expectations of 12 v 2nd round is huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
so just no recognition of his actual skill set that got him drafted in the first place? just a pick and plug situation in SF?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanzenDX View Post
This. People act like he somehow succeeded only because he went to the 49ers. He clearly went to a good situation, but how is that any different than Rodgers having been able to sit behind Favre for a few seasons, with a high quality coaching staff. He went to a good situation, but without the talent and all the tools, Rodgers would have been another Flynn or Harrell. I thought back then that Kaepernick had by far the greatest upside of any quarterback in that draft, I think he should have been an early first rounder but got dinged for playing in a lower level conference and for playing in a gimmick offense that utilized the pistol formation, the same pistol formation that over a dozen teams in the NFL are now using.

Looking back, I'm amazed at how overrated Ponder and Stanzi were in particular.
I never discounted his skill set but I think that there is starting to become too much hype on him IE Jaw saying he could be the greatest ever etc etc. The last year with Smith at the helm wasn't awful and every successful QB to an extent falls into a correct situation. But to come back and say "LULZ look at the fools who didn't know teh GRAETNESS O DA COLIN KAEPERNICK" as if he was a sure thing just isn't accurate.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote