Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-02-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
In RTG have you tried doing the hurry up when you get a passing play you like? That's what I do...
In High School, I just Audibled to a Pass play every time. That allowed me to get about 25-30 attempts per game. But my runningbacks got about 5 carries a game. I don't think I should have to do that. Offenses in real college football get about 60-70 plays a game. But in Road to Glory, I'm lucky if I can get 40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't had any glitches like that yet. Only one is my game freezing during autosave, and I was going to take it back to Gamestop and exchange it for another copy.

But after reading all this, I might not.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
In High School, I just Audibled to a Pass play every time. That allowed me to get about 25-30 attempts per game. But my runningbacks got about 5 carries a game. I don't think I should have to do that. Offenses in real college football get about 60-70 plays a game. But in Road to Glory, I'm lucky if I can get 40.
Yeah, I dont know why you cant change the minutes. I dont even know many people that actually play 5 minute quarters, regularly.

The coach trust thing isnt a bad idea, but it presents some problems. At least in High School you get to audible to actually reach a decent number of pass attempts, like you said.

I do feel like doing another QB one however...but I'll probably just go to a really pass heavy school.

I want to start an RB one too, but I feel like I'd have to amp up the difficulty for that. Running on All-American is way too easy. If you follow your blockers, you'll break off huge gains way too often.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah, I dont know why you cant change the minutes. I dont even know many people that actually play 5 minute quarters, regularly.

The coach trust thing isnt a bad idea, but it presents some problems. At least in High School you get to audible to actually reach a decent number of pass attempts, like you said.

I do feel like doing another QB one however...but I'll probably just go to a really pass heavy school.

I want to start an RB one too, but I feel like I'd have to amp up the difficulty for that. Running on All-American is way too easy. If you follow your blockers, you'll break off huge gains way too often.
I used to do five minute quarters back in 2008. And I would get about 30 passes and my running back would get 18-20 carries. Not bad. But with these five minutes quarters (because the play clock is 40 seconds rather than 24) I get about half that.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 08-02-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I decided to make another QB. Giant 6'5 240 lb, pocket passer.

Only played one game so far but was solid. 30-41 356 yards 3 TDs 1 INT

He's strictly a QB, he has no secondary position. Didnt want him playing like LB anyway. ha.

I'm going to a pass heavy school...I'm thinking ECU or Houston.

edit....played like 4 more games with him. I really like him, but I still find myself scrambling with him a lot, despite being a pocket passer. He's turning out to be more Cam Newton than Peyton Manning. I like how they made him insanely hard to take down, however. You can tell that he's a load to take down.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-03-2011 at 01:31 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I'm in my end of the season dynasty with Florida playing U of M. and Jeff Demps goes down for 7 weeks :( .Sucks so bad he was runner up for the Hesiman with 2600 yards rushing and 24 rushing TD this season.Stupid EA!!
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

RTG is so ****** up...I get my pocket passing QB to college finally. ECU. And he has 81 speed, and wait for it...48 arm strength.

48!?!?!?

Well this was fun while it lasted. lol.

Not to mention I was a 5 star QB. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-03-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
RTG is so ****** up...I get my pocket passing QB to college finally. ECU. And he has 81 speed, and wait for it...48 arm strength.

48!?!?!?

Well this was fun while it lasted. lol.

Not to mention I was a 5 star QB. haha.
What???? My QB was balanced. I had 78 speed, 86 arm strength, and 83 accuracy.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 08-03-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I have no idea what happened.

My numbers with him were excellent...but I noticed like 3/4 into my high school season that he couldnt throw the deep ball anymore. Nothing but ducks.

I cant even win a position battle yet, because I cant throw it 15 yards. lol. I just have to increase arm strength as much as possible. It's going to take forever.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-03-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even think it's physically possible for someone that big to have such a weak arm.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well I just won the 2nd string job. lol. With my now 53 arm strength and 92 accuracy. Sweet.

You should have seen the job I did holding that football for our kicker.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-03-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's so much easier completing passes to slot receivers and tight ends than it is to complete passes to outside receivers. Disproportionately so, even.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-03-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
It's so much easier completing passes to slot receivers and tight ends than it is to complete passes to outside receivers. Disproportionately so, even.
Seriously. I always put my top receiver at slot now. The only play i can get the ball to the outside receivers are quick slants.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Seriously. I always put my top receiver at slot now. The only play i can get the ball to the outside receivers are quick slants.
I hit the longball and the deep in/out occasionally, but the full route tree is largely unusable because of the linebackers swatting at balls that should be 15 feet over their heads and psychic DB's.

Like I've said in the past, the ****** part about this is that it's still pretty non-challenging to pass. It just discourages you from doing it realistically....and even rewards you for doing it unrealistically.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-03-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah one problem I've always had with these games is that your 1 and 2 WR are always off the screen and if the run and out route forget about it.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:36 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really? I've personally found that this year has been the most productive for having a "true" #1 on the outside.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****.. so much things wrong with this RTG

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
****.. so much things wrong with this RTG
Yes there is, and it should really be fixed, but I never really saw the fun in it. So repetitive and vapid. I could never really get into one of those modes until you could have so much more control over things like the player's personality, etc.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post

I've felt that way about every football video game ever.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:25 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, i'd be really interested to see splits in my stats between 2 wr and 3 wr sets. and also the breakdown of who i pass to the most.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:36 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont know if it's my controller (it may be, they're all worn out) but, any QB blast or even options I attempt...my QB is running in mud to start it off. I cant use these plays at all.

My WR is also anything but smooth on screens. There is always this hesitation.

Again though, I really need a new controller, as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-04-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:12 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I dont know if it's my controller (it may be, they're all worn out) but, any QB blast or even options I attempt...my QB is running in mud to start it off. I cant use these plays at all.

My WR is also anything but smooth on screens. There is always this hesitation.

Again though, I really need a new controller, as well.
Nah I same problem I have.

You need good blocking up front, once your qb has built up enough speed, he passes the last guy on the line, then you good to go. It works a little better if you but someone with high acc in, like a wr or rb.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:14 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

RTG is busted, I can't flip plays at the line with my Rb. I'm at the 2nd best coach trust thing, and yet nothing. This game mode is bull ****. I wish there was TC drill in this rather than buying your way completely. Ah well can't have your cake and eat it to.

still pretty decent.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I've felt that way about every football video game ever.
I do too really...I just really wish they would stop it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-18-2011, 07:22 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

My buddy and I teamed up and played 6 games online yesterday. Previously, I had only played 8 games online...but anyway, the game is pretty bad online this year. Everyone runs streaks or verts and the overall QB accuracy is garbage.

It was pretty funny, though. We went 5-1 and everyone we played, played with a similar style. Drop back 20 yards and run all verts. Pretty pathetic. We just mocked guys the whole time, because the games werent even competitive, or fun. So many people dont even try to learn how to play, they just get stuck in this pattern of running the same plays over and over, even if it's not working. Bleh. I offered to buy a few of them a strategy guide, because it was just funny. lol. The sad thing is, of the 5 games we won. Two of these guys were undefeated (4-0 and 10-0), and the other three, all had 100 or more games under their belts, with a lot more wins than loses. And I just couldnt believe they could win the way they were playing. The one dude was 76-20 and all he ran was three plays the entire game. Verticals, a draw out of shotgun, and some play where his WR would run a deep out and that's the only guy he would throw to. He also blitzed on every single play. And yet, he somehow has nearly an 80% winning percentage in 96 games.

Playing the game like that wouldnt even be fun to me at all. It's like guys who rocket catch all the time. That seems like it would get boring real quick.

Oh and apparetly there is some bug online that if you go offsides and block a FG as time expires, the game just ends and you dont get a first down or re-kick. Hence why we lost that one game. Cool beans.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS