Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-25-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I have a question for someone who has gone through Dynasty mode as a coordinator before:

I'm the offensive coordinator at SMU in I think year 4 or so, prestige is up to an A+ now and I think I'm getting looked at for Head Coaching jobs, but I want the Head Coaching job at SMU. Do they ever actually offer you that job if they want you to have it? Do I have to decline the OC extension contract to see it?

I think I know how to move elsewhere, but I'm trying to get it figured out to stay here. I screwed up once and didn't take the extension immediately, looked around at jobs and went back to SMU as the OC, and it screwed up my coaching stability.
That same crap happened to me at FAU. Howard Schnellenberger was over 80 and still didn't retire so I took a job at Vanderbilt. Bad idea. They suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schnellenberger actually did retire while I was there...in like year 4, I think. Then they offered me the job. I'm one of the lucky ones, though. Unless you're behind an old ass coach, it's really tough to get the HC job at your first school if you're a coordinator. So you're probably going to have to go elsewhere.

So when your contract ends, just exit out of your new contract extension with SMU...you dont have to accept/decline right away, if you dont want to. They'll re-offer it when the position comes up in the coaching carousel. So just enter the carousel and keeping pressing "A" when each job comes up, to see who that team hires. If someone wants you, a prompt will come up, with your job offer. You've def. played long enough to get HC offers.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

The ratings formula for the game is terrible. I can't tell you how many corners I've seen in dynasty mode who are 99 in man and zone coverage and are only rated in the 80's overall. Also, I've seen offensive tackle who are rated 99 overall when they're pass and run blocking ratings hover around 90.

The formulas used to conduct player ratings need to change. Also, it's unrealistic to have offensive lineman with 75 speed.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the freaky players like that. haha. Normally they're primed for a position change. I love the giant ATHs in general. Like a 6'6 340 lb dude listed as an ATH, is awesome to me. haha.

As for the ratings...awareness is everything. It's what make the rating jump higher than any other stat.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-26-2011, 01:22 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So...I was playing NCAA tonight. And I was getting towards the end of the game. The clock hit zero and nothing happened...I was like, WTF. Then the play clock kept going. and when it hit zero I got a penalty. LOLWUT. So i got the penalty, moved back 5 yards, and it let me run a play again....So I ran a play, and it let me do another play, and another, and another. I was getting annoyed and wanted to move on. So eventually I just scored a touchdown thinking this was the end of the game............

nope.

So I kick the ball off. Thinking, "What the **** do i have to do to finish this game." I was ahead 42 to nothing after the "touchdown" I scored once the clock had hit zero.

I was getting pissed.

So I started looking up on google **** like "NCAA never ending game glitch." Thinking that I would have to play this game over...I was about to go back to my dashboard when I saw someone's comment on a youtube video that said the simmed to the end of the quarter. So I'm like, "wth, I'll try it." I tried it and the game was finally over.

And now I'm telling nfldc about it. Goodnight.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:56 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Its happened to me twice....as you said, all you have to do is sim to the end of the quarter/game.

It tends to happen if there is a reviewed play at the end of quarter a lot.

Also...apparently, you can go offsides and block field goals at the end of the half. If you accept the penalty, the half just ends. :/ Some ass hole did this team me online.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-26-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Schnellenberger actually did retire while I was there...in like year 4, I think. Then they offered me the job. I'm one of the lucky ones, though. Unless you're behind an old ass coach, it's really tough to get the HC job at your first school if you're a coordinator. So you're probably going to have to go elsewhere.

So when your contract ends, just exit out of your new contract extension with SMU...you dont have to accept/decline right away, if you dont want to. They'll re-offer it when the position comes up in the coaching carousel. So just enter the carousel and keeping pressing "A" when each job comes up, to see who that team hires. If someone wants you, a prompt will come up, with your job offer. You've def. played long enough to get HC offers.

This sucks :(

I was under the impression if my HC did well he could get a job at a bigger school, like say Texas(who sucks pretty bad on here in Dynasty mode) so I would get promoted within. I didn't think they would always stay but guess it makes sense. I think I'll just look out for the Houston job who I thought about taking anyway, I just enjoyed taking over SMU and even got the Big 12 aligned pretty sick adding them, TCU, Houston and Arkansas.

Now it'll piss me off if I have to leave. Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well yeah, that can happen...technically. But I doubt June Jones would leave. Normally, they'd just re-sign him again. His contract has to be expired as well. It's pretty ******.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-31-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been out of town for a while so I just played the game for the first time in a few weeks. I'm starting to notice that the QB accuracy is atrocious. My QB, with 93 Accuracy, standing still in the pocket overthrows the receivers on almost every throw. Even with QB accuracy sliders all the way up I'm still lucky to complete 40% of my passes. The QB accuracy issues almost make the game unplayable.

And they still haven't put out a patch that fixes the glitch where you don't have options to pick plays and then you players just walk to the line in a huddle. I love the recruiting and other dynasty stuff, but the game play is 10 times worse than it was in the 07-09 games.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 08-31-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

In my UTEP season I completed 66% of my passes with my QB. You just have to find ways around it. Dont lead anyone, do a lot of directional passes, as if you were throwing behind guys. Screens and slants help.

My QB is frustrating at times, though. He only has 74 accuracy and 63 awareness. I'm playing with default sliders, Heisman difficulty.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-31-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I was rolling in my UTEP dynasty, until I just gave up 8 passing TDs to SMU. lol. Didnt matter if it was zone or man. I actually got rocket caught on like 10 times. The CPU does this all the time. Just throws up a prayer or a duck and there guy will come down with it. I still won the game however...but pretty damn embarassing that I can knock off top 10 ranked teams, but struggle like all hell against SMU.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-31-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
In my UTEP season I completed 66% of my passes with my QB. You just have to find ways around it. Dont lead anyone, do a lot of directional passes, as if you were throwing behind guys. Screens and slants help.

My QB is frustrating at times, though. He only has 74 accuracy and 63 awareness. I'm playing with default sliders, Heisman difficulty.
Even when I don't lead the receivers my balls still land nowhere near their intended spot. That is one of the things that is unplayable about this game. You should be able to lead receivers, but you can't.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 08-31-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I know it sucks...but a way to remedy that, is to throw behind guys. It will actually land right on target. Which is pathetic in itself. This game is all about working the middle of the field short and throwing tons of fly routes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-31-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
khorn
Rookie

khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For some reason fly routes don't work as well for me as they do for others. I could have a WR with 95+ speed and the corner will run step for step with him and always get to the ball first. It's bs, i can' get any separation whatsoever.
khorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have found alot of success leading WR's, I don't know if it's because I user control all my catches, or look for strong armed QB's. Sometimes it's not always beyond the DB, so I'll over run it slightly and try to high point it. Some call it the rocket catch still, but I'm not gonna keep running on the ground like an idiot when the ball can be caught in the air.

Quote:
Old 08-31-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Rocket catch againt users or online and what not is a big no-no.

I dont know how you can lead receivers on say slants and crosses, though. My QB will throw that thing about 20 yards in front of them, making it impossible to catch it. I user catch everything as well, but that ball would be uncatchable, regardless.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-01-2011, 04:48 AM    (permalink
khorn
Rookie

khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.khorn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rocket catching is a ***** move, imo. It's impossible to defend when your guy gets boxed out immediately and it basically becomes just rebounding.
khorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:16 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the pass coverage in this game. I can't throw slants or post routes anymore, because the freakin' DB runs the route before my receiver does.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Horns17fc, hit me up for a game!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Intermediate middle of the field passing game is a nightmare with this zone coverage. They're everywhere. Hope the patch will fix it somewhat. I can't do ANYTHING over the middle, they might as well totally kill the post route because short of doing the NCAA scramble and throw like in years past, there's just no way to hit that route on AA difficulty or higher.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm 20-8 online, and my strategy is very simple. Pound the ******* rock and throw slants and in routes as soon as they break. Anything over the middle is (best case) getting batted down, usually picked off. If you're at home, put your blocking at aggressive and just risk the one or two holding calls. Conservative run and conservative catch and blitz on defense. The running game can't be stopped otherwise.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

I just completed my first Custom Conference experiment. It's actually pretty fun.

ACC, SEC, Big 10, Big East, and Pac 12 are 16 team leagues. The Big 12 has 10 teams (mostly the Texas teams from C-USA). 10 teams in the MWC. And then five each in the WAC, MAC, C-USA, and Sun Belt with San Diego State an independent. I do have a few issues though.

I wish you didn't have to have one independent. I wanted every team in a conference. I also wish you could delete conferences. Having four conferences with just five teams is kind of dumb. I wanted to combine the WAC and MWC. If you could delete conferences, I could have made six sixteen-team conferencs, a ten-team conference, and a 14 team conference. Lastly, I wish you could change the names of conferences. You can change the divisions, but not the conferences.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 09-27-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still enjoying this game im starting year 3 with UGA and have yet to even make the SEC title game. I think this could be my year as I have a senior Aaron Murray and junior Isaiah Crowell.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I just completed my first Custom Conference experiment. It's actually pretty fun.

ACC, SEC, Big 10, Big East, and Pac 12 are 16 team leagues. The Big 12 has 10 teams (mostly the Texas teams from C-USA). 10 teams in the MWC. And then five each in the WAC, MAC, C-USA, and Sun Belt with San Diego State an independent. I do have a few issues though.

I wish you didn't have to have one independent. I wanted every team in a conference. I also wish you could delete conferences. Having four conferences with just five teams is kind of dumb. I wanted to combine the WAC and MWC. If you could delete conferences, I could have made six sixteen-team conferencs, a ten-team conference, and a 14 team conference. Lastly, I wish you could change the names of conferences. You can change the divisions, but not the conferences.

Yea, creating conferences is a bunch of fun but I too wish you could delete conferences. What I love about it is parity. I made the Big XII mostly Texas schools adding TCU & SMU, and Arkansas & South Florida in the other division.

FSU, V Tech, Miami all in the SEC. ND & Pitt in the Big 10, Boise St in the Pac 10. All the power houses started to level off and you saw some parity. You really have to tweak your automatic bids though, you'll see UCONN and Wyoming in a NC game sooner or not lol.

Quote:
Old 09-27-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Oh and as far as rocket catching, maybe you guys could show me some examples of it online. I don't play anyone online so I don't know, ever lol. I don't use it everytime vs the cpu, but I user catch every single time, and if I have a tall WR over a smaller DB, and I throw a fade, I'm gonna try and Larry Fitzgerald the ball at the high point. I play with the FS on defense and play the ball literally the exact same way.

Is there some sort of boost you can't do with the defense I'm unaware of? I'm not gonna continue to run past the ball like an idiot, and put my hands in front of my chest to catch it like a bread basket when people are making plays on the ball in the air.

It's not like I'm holding strafe down, lobbing it up, and just continually high pointing the ball on easy pitch and catch throws, but if your a guy who does user catch quite a bit you have to be logical about it. Sometimes you need to undercut the DB or come back to the ball, so I'm not sure I'm catching the gripe :-/

Quote: