Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-07-2011, 07:33 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm about to start a new dynasty...going to pick my cupcake team now. Make sure they fit all my criteria. haha. I plan on recruiting a QB to start right away, so hopefully I'll have some luck there.

Down to Buffalo, New Mexico State, or San Jose State.
New Mexico st would be a rebuilding project fo sure after watching them in person sat.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:02 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm about to start a new dynasty...going to pick my cupcake team now. Make sure they fit all my criteria. haha. I plan on recruiting a QB to start right away, so hopefully I'll have some luck there.

Down to Buffalo, New Mexico State, or San Jose State.
Do San Jose State, California has a ton of prospects. You can probably steal a bunch of high 3-stars, low 4-stars that nobody else offers scholarships to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I started one with Buffalo. I just wanted some bad weather games, and their O-Line isnt all that bad. I did all my recruiting already, got some pretty decent dudes. I'm starting about 7 Freshman on defense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:22 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I started one with Buffalo. I just wanted some bad weather games, and their O-Line isnt all that bad. I did all my recruiting already, got some pretty decent dudes. I'm starting about 7 Freshman on defense.
I have never seen a snow game. One of my Road to Glory guys was from Alaska and I never saw snow. I see a lot of rain. I swear at least a third of the games I play are in the rain.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 11-07-2011, 11:30 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the amount of rainy games is crazy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's been mentioned frequently in here, but ****, the super linebackers and DB's running in front of receivers when they are BEHIND them is atrocious. It makes this game almost unplayable.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
It's been mentioned frequently in here, but ****, the super linebackers and DB's running in front of receivers when they are BEHIND them is atrocious. It makes this game almost unplayable.
Yep. And it doesn't help that wide receivers make no effort to fight for the ball or adjust to the pass.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 11-08-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Just go deep middle and throw lots of streaks.

It's pathetic how easy streaks work in this game. Heisman difficulty, it doesnt matter. Anytime I'm looking for some kind of bail out, I throw a fly route...and it works a lot. Pretty dumb.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's pathetic how easy streaks work in this game. Heisman difficulty, it doesnt matter. Anytime I'm looking for some kind of bail out, I throw a fly route...and it works a lot. Pretty dumb.
That's all I do. I throw streaks to the inside receivers out of a 4 wide set and it works 60 percent of the time. It's not so much a matter of success MOTH as it is feeling like your getting a game experience. With this game it feels faker than years past because of this new "feature". 07-09 NCAA video game models played smoother than this garbage.

*Edit- Also Metsox, do you and Breed join together and find ways of annoying the board?

"NCAA Football '12... 11-08-2011 07:34 PM MetSox17 eat a dick. :)"

Last edited by Punisher : 11-08-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:

My go to routes are Four Verticles to the tight end and the corner route to the tight end. Those are good for 15-20 yards about 80% or the time. I also like the slant route.

One route that I used to dominate one is the comeback route. I would throw it before the receiver even started to come back and it would work every time. Now if I throw it before the receiver comes back, my QB just throws it deep. It doesn't allow you throw before the break. For some reason, you can't throw to a spot on this game.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 11-08-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

quick slants to slot receivers are unguardable. Ill pick you apart all day with slants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

My dynasties are all about slants, ins, fly routes, and WR screens. Dont throw many INTs at all.

My QB on Buffalo really struggles to complete outs, regardless of how open they are.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My dynasties are all about slants, ins, fly routes, and WR screens. Dont throw many INTs at all.

My QB on Buffalo really struggles to complete outs, regardless of how open they are.
Yeah, outs are a tricky one. I like to kinda set up my own little roll out plays with quick easy reads. Run lots of plays that get myself a lot of room for YAC, and I always run a ton of play action roll outs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I absolutely love the mid WR screen, myself.

I still think this game is cake to run in. I purposely sign/start guys with lower speed ratings, because it's just too easy to break long runs, running off tackle. It just gets old.

Also the fact that I'm Buffalo and playing in the MAC, you can return damn near any Kick Return for a TD, so there is a lot of running out of bounds. Otherwise, it wouldnt be fun at all, imo. These opposing teams are just so bad. If I get that far, I plan on joining a better conference when the season is over. That would certainly make things much tougher.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I thought I'd have that problem playing with Rice and Sam McGuffie...not so much... Probably doesn't hurt that the first year is a bunch of BCS schools and a juggernaut Houston team. The OL is such ****...it's really hard to do anything consistent on offense with that team. Can't wait to get a TE or two next season that can catch a ball or at least a QB that can run better.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I absolutely love the mid WR screen, myself.

I still think this game is cake to run in. I purposely sign/start guys with lower speed ratings, because it's just too easy to break long runs, running off tackle. It just gets old.

Also the fact that I'm Buffalo and playing in the MAC, you can return damn near any Kick Return for a TD, so there is a lot of running out of bounds. Otherwise, it wouldnt be fun at all, imo. These opposing teams are just so bad. If I get that far, I plan on joining a better conference when the season is over. That would certainly make things much tougher.
What sliders do you use?
Old 11-08-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
What sliders do you use?
None. Just straight heisman difficulty.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-09-2011, 07:15 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sliders make a big diffrence in gameplay
Old 11-09-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The only thing I think I'd really have to adjust is the strength of opposing run defenses, because I think it's weak. I dont have this problem with "super LBs" like others do. If I see a LB underneath, I either dont throw it or I throw it high. I dont see many batted down or picked off at all.

I just never really care enough to adjust the sliders.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-08-2011, 07:25 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I thought I had lost my OD which was a bummer this late in the year and I was on season 4. I even called tech support and they had no help but I was able to stumble on how to fix it last night and now back up and running.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:33 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope they make some serious overhauls next year to Teambuilder and recruiting. The fact that these two things are always so suck/barely get worked on really killed the game for me this year.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:46 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I really hope they make some serious overhauls next year to Teambuilder and recruiting. The fact that these two things are always so suck/barely get worked on really killed the game for me this year.
I agree teambuilder needs a upgrade it hasnt been touched since its first year. Recruiting they are always some bells and whistles they could add but overall I like the challenge of it.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I agree teambuilder needs a upgrade it hasnt been touched since its first year. Recruiting they are always some bells and whistles they could add but overall I like the challenge of it.
I love recruiting. The only thing I don't like is how I turn off computer assistance, don't offer any receivers or quarterbacks, but since I pass the ball so much, on the last week of recruiting, six receivers and four quarterbacks sign with me. I don't want these guys. I don't need them, especially the 3-star and 2-star guys.

I don't have a huge problem with team builder except for the fact that you have to do it online. Why can't I do it directly on my Xbox? It is annoying that I have to go to my laptop, create the team, and then download it to my Xbox. What I hate is the player creation. You can't create a player with blonde hair. You can't create a player with long hair.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 12-08-2011, 10:14 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I love recruiting. The only thing I don't like is how I turn off computer assistance, don't offer any receivers or quarterbacks, but since I pass the ball so much, on the last week of recruiting, six receivers and four quarterbacks sign with me. I don't want these guys. I don't need them, especially the 3-star and 2-star guys.
I've never seen the CPU signing thing I turned off all my assistance stuff and I never seen any of that. You might wanna make sure all that stuff is turned to off.

I like the challenge of recruiting in in year 5 and and have been a top 10 team but no national titles and while I always sign a good class I dont just dominate and only sign one r two 5* a year. They are a few issues with to many skill players rated high. But I'm also seeing some good 3* players if you look good enough and also some bust if you dont look at ratings
Old 12-08-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I've never seen the CPU signing thing I turned off all my assistance stuff and I never seen any of that. You might wanna make sure all that stuff is turned to off.

I like the challenge of recruiting in in year 5 and and have been a top 10 team but no national titles and while I always sign a good class I dont just dominate and only sign one r two 5* a year. They are a few issues with to many skill players rated high. But I'm also seeing some good 3* players if you look good enough and also some bust if you dont look at ratings
It happens to me every year. Maybe I forgot to change something. I know I turned off the computer adding guys to my recruiting board. I'm with you about the skill position players. 80% of the 5-star guys are WR, HB, or ATH who plays WR. It's kind of annoying.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote: