Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dolphins Front Runners to Land Carr

According to publsihed reports the Miami Dolphins have entered the talks for Texans QB David Carr. The Dolphins have been trying to get Kansas City QB Trent Green, but if they can't agree to a deal Carr appears to be the next option in Miami

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Young Nasty Man
Veteran

Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.Young Nasty Man could make a wolverine purr.

There goes New Englands second round pick and there goes the Trent Green trade.

If this doesn't go down I'm assuming a trade kinda like this:

Oakland Recieves: David Carr
Houston Texans Recieve: 2nd/3rd Round Draft Pick

Green Bay Recieves: Randy Moss
Oakland Recieves: Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila/Cullen Jenkins

Via BoneKrusher
Young Nasty Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure David Carr is worth a second round pick at this point. Maybe a 3rd.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm not sure David Carr is worth a second round pick at this point. Maybe a 3rd.
Teams can dictate the talks though b/c they know Houston has to get rid of him so his value is lower than a week ago.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Did you get this from Pro Football Talk? I'm not saying there isn't any truth to this but I am just wondering.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Did you get this from Pro Football Talk? I'm not saying there isn't any truth to this but I am just wondering.
It's according to the Miami Herald

Old 03-23-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
The Dolphins have expressed no interest in trading for Houston Texans quarterback David Carr, a source said. Carr, the Texans' starter since the franchise began play in 2002, became expendable Wednesday when they acquired Atlanta's No. 2 quarterback, Matt Schaub.
I have heard this also. There really isn't any depth to this rumor.However, I woulden't be suprised if they went for him.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I have heard this also. There really isn't any depth to this rumor.However, I woulden't be suprised if they went for him.
That was according to the Palm Beach Post, check the miami Herald

Old 03-23-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

I'm not from Florida, maybe I am not understanding you. What is the difference? Is one more credible then the other?
Old 03-23-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I'm not from Florida, maybe I am not understanding you. What is the difference? Is one more credible then the other?
I'm from Wisconsin but i have a site where I can see all the Newspapers and I would consider the Herald being more reliable than the Post

Old 03-23-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What wouldn't give up a 2nd round pick for the guy, 3rd at best.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the Dolphins' interest in other teams' reject quarterbacks continues.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Thats a good way to sum it up

Old 03-23-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
More like a 5th, I would think, given Carr's salaries and the undeniable fact that Carr's days in Houston are dwindling fast.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They shouldn't offer them more than a 5th rounder. As I see it the only teams interested (?) in him are them and Oakland. If no one trades for him he will be released. That makes the price drop.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

car isnt even worth a 4th round selection, Plummer was traded for a 4th rounder and Id take him on my team over carr, hes not THAT old and he has some success as a starter, Carr has done nothing but look bad, theres no way hes worth more than plummer, there is an age thing yes, so i might be willing to part with a 4th putting him at the same value as plummer but thats pushing it...

Also, i thought i read somewhere that shefter said that no team is willing to trade for Carr because they know that Houston wont be paying BOTH Carr and Shaub so they are going to be cutting Carr...

who knows though, but Carr is definately not worth a first day pick
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So far, Miami is getting an F in their offseason. They got older on defense, they haven't addressed the oline, and if they think David Carr is the answer at QB, they need to think again.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent Green isn't the answer either. I just don't see much in Miami, well, anything that leads me to be optimistic about their chances.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I posted this in the Matt Schaub thread, but realized it would be more appropriate here...

What exactly is the difference between Carr and Joey Harrington? And why is it that so many people give Carr a free pass for being in a terrible situation in Houston, but don't do the same for Harrington?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I posted this in the Matt Schaub thread, but realized it would be more appropriate here...

What exactly is the difference between Carr and Joey Harrington? And why is it that so many people give Carr a free pass for being in a terrible situation in Houston, but don't do the same for Harrington?
Harrington had more weapons around him (at least name wise) and had plenty of time to throw (was sacked a total of 17 times his first 2 seasons).

Harrington flat out stinks, and I still think Carr has a good shot of being a top 10 NFL QB if put in the right situation.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
turninandburnin1
Rookie

turninandburnin1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
ha found that funny.

Anyway I could see this happening as it looks as if Green isnt headed there.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This really feels like a leverage move to impact the Trent Green trade.

Btw, I agree on the 5th for David Carr. The reports indicate even before Schaub they weren't getting day 1 offers. I have a hard time seeing that now. Best case may be to do some sort of conditional deal for whichever team pursues Carr.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First to say to Miami, 'You'll be sorry'.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope no one trades for him so the Texans can cut Carr. So the Raiders can get him for even a cheaper price.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portermvp84 View Post
I hope no one trades for him so the Texans can cut Carr. So the Raiders can get him for even a cheaper price.
And do what? Raiders 2006: 71 sacks. Do you plan on breaking the record? If so, then yes, carr is your man.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote