Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-22-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
BoltHype
Rookie

BoltHype hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Swap firsts & seconds with the Chargers and we give you Turner?

this is MY trade idea, what do the PACK think about it?

keep in mind, these clips are just from last year and dont include some amazing runs he had in 2005:

http://www.dailymotion.com/jcdavey/v...1idt5_turnburn
Old 03-22-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Swap firsts and thirds and I'd say yea. That would value Turner as approximately the 46th pick of the draft.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never thought about it, but that really wouldn't be bad. I like it. We get our RB for the future, and still a first that we could use on someone like Griffin. I don't see it happening, but not a bad idea.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I never thought about it, but that really wouldn't be bad. I like it. We get our RB for the future, and still a first that we could use on someone like Griffin. I don't see it happening, but not a bad idea.
Some guy other than Arrigo on packerchatters has been talking about this trade for about a week or so by now. Same guy who said a Griffin deal was going to be announced soon. So, yea...
Old 03-22-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
Some guy other than Arrigo on packerchatters has been talking about this trade for about a week or so by now. Same guy who said a Griffin deal was going to be announced soon. So, yea...
I signed up for packerchatters but never use it. They are all complte morons over there and I like to hear other peoples points of view as well, not just packers fans. I saw one of your posts ther once though.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:
I signed up for packerchatters but never use it. They are all complte morons over there and I like to hear other peoples points of view as well, not just packers fans. I saw one of your posts ther once though.
I joined in August '06, and: Total Cumulative Posts 32
( 0.1 posts per day / 0.05% of total forum posts )

Really only joined cause the Joe Arrigo rumors were like crack and I had to register to read them.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
I joined in August '06, and: Total Cumulative Posts 32
( 0.1 posts per day / 0.05% of total forum posts )

Really only joined cause the Joe Arrigo rumors were like crack and I had to register to read them.
Crack??? Where??? :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Crack??? Where??? :)

It's crack. Hooray crack!

Old 03-22-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want some crack,
But anyway I really like the Idea and Turner

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
jdcozart
Rookie

jdcozart needs more cowbell.

I think it is an absolutely miserable trade and that San Diego fans completely overrate Turner's value! That trade is about the equivalent of us giving up a very early 2nd round pick. The Bears only got the equivalent of a 3rd for Thomas Jones and you think we will give you a 2nd. Not gonna happen!
jdcozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcozart View Post
I think it is an absolutely miserable trade and that San Diego fans completely overrate Turner's value! That trade is about the equivalent of us giving up a very early 2nd round pick. The Bears only got the equivalent of a 3rd for Thomas Jones and you think we will give you a 2nd. Not gonna happen!
Turner's value>>Jones' value
Old 03-25-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Turner's value>>Jones' value
But Turner isn't worth an early 2nd rounder

Old 03-25-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Swap 1st Round - Packers (30) / Chargers (16)

Give 2nd Round - Chargers (47) / Chargers (62)

Swap 3rd Round - Packers (93) / Chargers (79)

Last edited by The Legend : 03-25-2007 at 05:17 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post

Michael Turner is no where near that in value. He's a decent running back, but he's running behind a great offensive line and gets to spell the best running back after he wears down a defense.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nope we lose the chances of getting talented players by doing that and i dont want that. Turner isnt worth jack right now, If the Bears got a 2nd for a starting running back, im not giving anything more then a 4th.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
nope we lose the chances of getting talented players by doing that and i dont want that. Turner isnt worth jack right now, If the Bears got a 2nd for a starting running back, im not giving anything more then a 4th.
he is 1st round & 3rd round deal

thats what the chargers set him at
Old 03-25-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I wouldn't be in favor of giving up that much for him.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he is 1st round & 3rd round deal

thats what the chargers set him at
That's only the tender if a team offers him a contact and the Chargers decide not to match it. It's absolutely ridiculous for anybody to think that will actually happen. The Chargers own his rights and they can choose to trade him for whatever they want, be it more than a 1st & 3rd or less (which it will for sure be less because Turner's value isn't that high). It's the same situation as what Atlanta just did with Matt Schaub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Thats seems like way too much to give up for Turner, and i definitely dont see TT making a deal like that and parting with our second.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

just so you know i am not even crazy about getting him .... just from what i am hearing they want alot for him

i dont realy want him that badly .... i want him but not for alot
Old 03-25-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
just so you know i am not even crazy about getting him .... just from what i am hearing they want alot for him

i dont realy want him that badly .... i want him but not for alot
On the same page as you

Old 03-26-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Here is your (draft heavy) On the Sidleine report for Monday, March 26th, 2007....

The Packers and the Chargers are indeed talking about a deal that would send Michael Turner and the #30 pick to the Pack for ther #16. Players that MAY be there at #30 if a deal goes down, Dwayne Jarrett, Ted Ginn, Brandon Merriweather, Michael Griffin and Greg Olsen.

A player the Packers are going to be following closely is USC's Dwayne Jarrett. I was told by a VERY CREDITABLE SOURCE that they feel he can give them 2-3 big plays a game and will watch his 40 time closely this Wed (the day of the USC pro day). I spoke to a "friend" at USC and he said his former teammate would like to play for the Packers and w/ Brett Favre.

The Packers are looking into signing Dominick Williams (formally Davis) if his knee is healthy. I was told earlier (last month) that he would need another surgery and miss this season as well, but it looks like that info was wrong. It would be a 1 year deal if it happens.

The Packers are indeed amongst a handful of teams in the mix to sign David Carr. The Lions and Cowboys are another teams that have expressed interest. As for the Packers, if they do sign Carr, don't look for them to draft a QB in the draft, BUT if they dont, I was told BY A VERY RELIABLE SOURCE Trent Edwards is on their list and is an option, but he will most likely be gone in round 2, so keep an eye Josh Swogger, Jeff Rowe and Toby Korrodi.

The Packers RB coach Edgar Bennett and Reggie McKensie met w/ Fresno St. RB Dwayne Wright twice (at Fresno St.'s pro day and at San Deigo's St.'s) and, I have learned, have said to have MAJOR intrest in him, and the feeling is more then mutual on Dwayne's end. By the way, Dwayne ran a 4.62 at the SDSU pro day (although some scouts, at least 7, had him at 4.58) and the Falcons are flying him down this week for a private workout.

The Packers and Eagles are talking about a deal that would send Darwin Walker and the Eagles 7th round pick in the 2007 draft for the Packers 6th round pick in this years draft. But the Eagles want a 5th for him and the Packers are unwilling to part with the 5th.

A player to keep an eye on during day 2 of the draft is No. Illionis TE Jake Nordin.

I heard the Packers may be looking into Jets RB Cedric Houston for a late round pick. The Jets have been trying to trade Houston since the trading deadline last season.

I also heard the Packers scouts/staff have been talking to the Pittsburgh staff (alot) about CB/PR Darrelle Revis and that the Packers are high on Revis.

This is from Joe Arrigo's column today.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Joe is always a reliable source???

Old 03-26-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

I have been following all of Arrigo's off season "rumors and sources."

And guess what.

Joe don't know.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds8582 View Post
Here is your (draft heavy) On the Sidleine report for Monday, March 26th, 2007....

The Packers and the Chargers are indeed talking about a deal that would send Michael Turner and the #30 pick to the Pack for ther #16. Players that MAY be there at #30 if a deal goes down, Dwayne Jarrett, Ted Ginn, Brandon Merriweather, Michael Griffin and Greg Olsen. only Jarrett and Merriweahter will be there

A player the Packers are going to be following closely is USC's Dwayne Jarrett. I was told by a VERY CREDITABLE SOURCE that they feel he can give them 2-3 big plays a game and will watch his 40 time closely this Wed (the day of the USC pro day). I spoke to a "friend" at USC and he said his former teammate would like to play for the Packers and w/ Brett Favre.[/b]"friend" thats all i got to say[/b]

The Packers are looking into signing Dominick Williams (formally Davis) if his knee is healthy. I was told earlier (last month) that he would need another surgery and miss this season as well, but it looks like that info was wrong. It would be a 1 year deal if it happens. if his knee is healthy why would u sign Green then cut him?

The Packers are indeed amongst a handful of teams in the mix to sign David Carr. The Lions and Cowboys are another teams that have expressed interest. As for the Packers, if they do sign Carr, don't look for them to draft a QB in the draft, BUT if they dont, I was told BY A VERY RELIABLE SOURCE Trent Edwards is on their list and is an option, but he will most likely be gone in round 2, so keep an eye Josh Swogger, Jeff Rowe and Toby Korrodi. i thought TT said Rodgers is that future of this team and will not be traded, why do we need Carr? lol.

The Packers RB coach Edgar Bennett and Reggie McKensie met w/ Fresno St. RB Dwayne Wright twice (at Fresno St.'s pro day and at San Deigo's St.'s) and, I have learned, have said to have MAJOR intrest in him, and the feeling is more then mutual on Dwayne's end. By the way, Dwayne ran a 4.62 at the SDSU pro day (although some scouts, at least 7, had him at 4.58) and the Falcons are flying him down this week for a private workout. cool

The Packers and Eagles are talking about a deal that would send Darwin Walker and the Eagles 7th round pick in the 2007 draft for the Packers 6th round pick in this years draft. But the Eagles want a 5th for him and the Packers are unwilling to part with the 5th. TT"We are going to build this team through the draft." Theres also talks about us resigning Williams so this isnt going to happen.

A player to keep an eye on during day 2 of the draft is No. Illionis TE Jake Nordin.dont know much

I heard the Packers may be looking into Jets RB Cedric Houston for a late round pick. The Jets have been trying to trade Houston since the trading deadline last season. TT"We are going to build this team through the draft."

I also heard the Packers scouts/staff have been talking to the Pittsburgh staff (alot) about CB/PR Darrelle Revis and that the Packers are high on Revis. wont get pass the thre Loins in round 2

This is from Joe Arrigo's column today.
Almost 75% of this is bull, dont belive this guy.