Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-28-2011, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 Draft Draft

Here is a fourm to talk about the draft and picks for the Bengals.

Bengals possiably looking to trade down and get into position to take QB Andy Dalton. Would love a trade down to get more picks since they have a bunch of holes. As long as Dalton keeps Newton and Mallet out of Cincy i am fine with it since he is a perfect fit in Grudens offense.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will be interesting to see what happens this year. Seems everyone wants to trade lol.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Everyone is saying AJ Green in the 1st and QB in second. I'm OK with that. Dalton has the best accuracy and leadership skills, Ponder has the smarts - both of these guys would fit into the West coast. Mallett has the best arm, he carries the most risk and upside of the bunch. Guess either a rb or S in the third
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Clarkpba
Rookie

Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.Clarkpba is a cocksman.

I really love Scott's latest and last mock draft. He has Green in the first and Dalton in the second. That could end up being like San Diego back when they got Tomlinson and Brees in the same draft.

Now i may be one of the few but I wouldn't be upset if the Bengals took Peterson. He can step in right away at FS and move to corner later when either J-Joe or Leon Hall leave via FA. Plus he is an impact punt returner as well. He seems to be the safest player in this draft as well when it comes to non bust potential.
Clarkpba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Based on what's been said recently, Dalton may not be there for us in Rd 2 and Dalton and Ponder have to be our top choices if we bypass Gabbert. If we go Green in Rd 1, we will grab some QB in Rd 2 IMO
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loveing me some Green to the Bengals i think he is a Pro Bowler.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-28-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well looks like there's a good chance there's at least two QB's who were considered potential first rounders available at #35, possibly three and there will definitely be at least one. Dalton has to be the favorite, right? Regardless somebody worth attempting to develop will be there for sure, Bengals sitting in a pretty good spot right now.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Well looks like there's a good chance there's at least two QB's who were considered potential first rounders available at #35, possibly three and there will definitely be at least one. Dalton has to be the favorite, right? Regardless somebody worth attempting to develop will be there for sure, Bengals sitting in a pretty good spot right now.
As far as i know Jay Gruden loves Andy Dalton and would be surprized if they pass on him in the 2nd.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-28-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DALTON!!!!!!!

Gruden will know how to use him 10x better than Bratkowski (THROW IT DEEP!!!!)

Would be the beginning of a change of guard. Not the worst thing after last season.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
As far as i know Jay Gruden loves Andy Dalton and would be surprized if they pass on him in the 2nd.
Would make sense, really good WCO fit. Wonder if somebody else moves up for him, bet NE would be willing to move down. Typically when the Bengals telegraph interest in a player if somebody else is interested and within range they'll steal them, Sedrick Ellis comes to mind. Should be an interesting start to the day tomorrow, but Green-Dalton would be a great first couple of rounds and frankly any QB would be happy to throw to Green-Simpson-Shipley-Gresham. Great, great group of young pass catchers.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Would make sense, really good WCO fit. Wonder if somebody else moves up for him, bet NE would be willing to move down. Typically when the Bengals telegraph interest in a player if somebody else is interested and within range they'll steal them, Sedrick Ellis comes to mind. Should be an interesting start to the day tomorrow, but Green-Dalton would be a great first couple of rounds and frankly any QB would be happy to throw to Green-Simpson-Shipley-Gresham. Great, great group of young pass catchers.
If Simpson contiunes to play like he did the lat couple games and Green lives up to what he can be i see the Bengals with the best WR core in the NFL in a couple years. Shipley i think will be the best slot WR in the NFL and Gresham will only get better. That core would make any QB look good in the NFL.

I would love a RB in the 3rd the way they are dropping. A Ryan Williams or Mikel Leshoure in 3rd the would be pretty sexy.

Just Imagine
1. AJ Green
2. Andy Dalton
3. Ryan Williams or Leshoure
"DROOL"

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-28-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
If Simpson contiunes to play like he did the lat couple games and Green lives up to what he can be i see the Bengals with the best WR core in the NFL in a couple years. Shipley i think will be the best slot WR in the NFL and Gresham will only get better. That core would make any QB look good in the NFL.

I would love a RB in the 3rd the way they are dropping. A Ryan Williams or Mikel Leshoure in 3rd the would be pretty sexy.

Just Imagine
1. AJ Green
2. Andy Dalton
3. Ryan Williams or Leshoure
"DROOL"
Oh absolutely, the Bengals have set up a really nice core group of receivers, not much has to be added to that provided those guys develop as expected. Have to make sure the QB stays upright for him to get it to those guys, but the line seems alright going forward. Would want to make sure that's shored up though.

I've thought throughout this process that the Bengals have a real chance to do some big things this draft, and the way things have gone thus far has done absolutely nothing to change that opinion. Lots of great pieces on defense moving forward, if the offense gets solidified this team can be really scary. Hitting on a QB would be huge, that's really the next big step for the team, once that gets taken care of, watch out NFL.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:12 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very very happy with our first pick and it looks like we could land Dalton tomorrow. My dream scenario was to come out of this draft with that pairing and hopefully it comes into fruition. I hate this new draft sequence as I was hoping to see more than one pick on one day but alas this is the nature of the new NFL.

Its been awhile for me posting in here and for that I apologize but I think we are in great position to come out of this draft with not only a great WR but a starting QB as well. If anything I hope this first pick can lure Carson back into Cincinnati. I still cant understand why he would want to leave now of all times. You gotta new OC for the first time in his career plus a young talented group of receivers/te's. It just seems like hes being a huge ***** about the whole situation especially considering the recent things theyve done that should please him.

PLEASE CARSON COME BACK. NOW IS THE TIME!

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:46 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Players i would like that are still left for the Bengals to consider to take in the 2nd and 3rd in no speical order

Aaron Williams S Texas
Ryan Williams RB Virginia Tech
Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois
Marvin Austin DT North Carolina
Andy Dalton QB TCU
Clint Boling OG Georgia
Rahim Moore S UCLA
William Rackley OG Lehigh
Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada
Martez Wilson LB Illinois
Orlando Franklin OG Miami
Ricky Stanzi QB Iowa

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-29-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really hoping we can get Dalton today. If he's gone, I wouldn't mind snagging Rahim Moore in the 2nd in hopes that Stanzi will be sitting there in the 3rd. Highly unlikely, but that could be a solid backup scenario if Dalton is gone before we can get to him. Of the remaining QBs, Dalton's my #1 followed by Stanzi, Kaepernick, and Mallet. Hell, I'd probably take McElroy over Mallet.

[Disclaimer: I hate Ryan Mallet]

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

2nd Pick will be a QB, would be shocked if it wasn't

You guys probably hate Mallett because he once wore maize and blue. He might be the pick if things don't go right.

Hopefully its Dalton, he is a touch SOB who plays his best against good teams. Saw him rally TCU against Clemson 2 yrs ago late in the 4th quarter against a very good D. He also looked great in the Rose Bowl.

Worried about New England doing a trade.

3rd Pick should be either S, RB or OG.

At the end of the day, there wasn't many S to pick from in rounds 1 or 2. So I dont think this draft will hurt us, especially if we get our man from TCU.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
HR24
Rookie

HR24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I see the Bengals getting outmaneuvered by another team for Dalton. I sure as hell do not want Mallett. I am not a huge Dalton fan, but, if he is gone, I think you go Akeem Ayers or Rahim Moore.
HR24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

From the sound of things the coaching staff is pushing for Dalton but Brown likes Mallett. Could be interesting, who they choose if both are available will be interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if they get outmaneuvered for Dalton, if they really like him I think they should just move up to 33 even if it means giving up a little more than you'd normally like.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get the Mallet hate. He's exactly the type of QB that fits this division. Tall, big arm and not afraid to move around. He's perfect against the tall, heavy sack happy defensive linemen in this division.

I like Dalton too, but I would actually prefer Mallet at this point.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would have rather had Mallet, but if this is Gruden and Lewis' guy, then great. Teach him the offensive quickly because Palmer likely ain't coming back.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

Keep the offensive picks coming - plenty of good RB to choose from, one of these guys are likely to be a Bengal: Leshore, Alex Green, Delone Carter, Shane Varren. All tough runners who could pound the rock and backfill should Benson depart.

Also might go OL.

Then 4th - 6th go defense with S & CB likely picks
Old 04-29-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

After taking Moch is Michael Johnson playing DE more and Moch's a long-term starter at OLB? What do you guys think is the plan?
Old 04-29-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not altogether sure why we went LB so early, but from what I can gather, Moch is straight nasty. I don't know how this impacts Muckleroy, but I'm definitely not upset with the pick as one can never have too many quality LBs.

I would think that the plan would be to use MJ as a guy who can play either DE or OLB, but he'll probably spend most of his time at DE. Whatever the plan for MJ is, I see our front lines being quite solid.

Safety must be addressed in this draft at some point or I'll lose my mind.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

AJ Green and Andy Dalton give me hope for the future.

I like Moch pick too i think he could be in a David Pollack type role.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-29-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are winning this draft imo three great picks. Moch could prove to be a huge steal in the third with that athleticism. Very very happy with what has gone on these past few days.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote