Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 04-30-2011, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I liked Mallett for our division, I haven't lost sight of the fact that Dalton fits with Gruden's scheme so much better.

I love the players we got so far, the only unfortunate part for Dalton is just how desperately we need him to be prepared to play on opening day. Do any of us believe that Lewis and Gruden are capable of getting Dalton up to speed in a timely fashion?
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:07 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think more ready to start them some of these QBs that have been take ala Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert, Colin Kaepernick. I have compete faith in Jay Gruden i think he is exactly what this team needs. I guess Mike Brown wanted Mallet and the coachs wanted Dalton.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:13 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wouldn't mind going after Safety or RB at 4.

RB: Kendall Hunter - Ok St or Delone Carter - Syc (former Ohio's Mr Football)

S: DaNorris Searcy - NC or Quinten Carter - Ok. Or perhaps Robert Sands in the 5th (6-41/2" tough, rangy prospect).

Don't know if this means with anything, the only one from the above group that Bengal's visited with was D Carter.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:59 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys left that i would like the Bengals to consider:

G/T Clint Boling
RB Kendall Hunter
OT James Brewer
RB Jacquizz Rodgers
S/CB Ahmad Black
S Tyler Sash
RB Jordan Todman
RB Delone Carter
CB Chimdi Chekwa
DE Greg Romeus
RB Bilal Powell
S DeAndre McDaniel
QB Tyrod Taylor
S Jeron Johnson
LB Mark Herlich
RB Derrick Locke
K Alex Henry
FB Owen Merecic
WR Armon Binns
DT Jerrell Powe
DE Ricky Elmore

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-30-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would add Marcus Cannon OG TCU to the list
Old 04-30-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

I love Boling Pick he was one of my Favorite OL in this draft. Can play OG or OT

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-30-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
I love Boling Pick he was one of my Favorite OL in this draft. Can play OG or OT
I like the Boling pick alot. Very versatile and has a chance to be a starter year 1. Like to see a safety next round but just don't think it will happen....maybe.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting pick in Robert Sands. I like that we went after S and he seems to have pretty good size. Loving our draft so far.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

I had Sands as a 5th round option. I like having some height in our secondary to help match up against TE's and tall receivers, the other thing is his speed is decent. He doesn't shy away from tackling.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF was that??????????? Wow, just wow. 6th round WR? Give me a break.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Lindsey is a intersting pick. Special Team player prolly 1st year and a guy to develop down the road.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-30-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballGod View Post
WTF was that??????????? Wow, just wow. 6th round WR? Give me a break.
I actually like the Whalen pick he is a special teamer and gives Bengals WR depth can never have enough depth. Whalen is a great blocker and will really help in the run game and in the return game.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-30-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like to see Derrick Locke with the conditional 7th.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Don't know really anything about Finley but RB was a need and his stats show he was productive his last year at Baylor.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-30-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Bengals Draft Grade

1. AJ Green- Is going to be a stud. Best Offense Player in the draft.---- A

2.Andy Dalton- Bengals new Franchise QB. Fits the new system well----A

3.Dontay Moch- Switching to OLB and see him filling a David Pollack type role----- B

4.Clint Boling- One of favorite OL in the draft can play OT or OG but will play Guard for the Bengals-----A

5.Robert Sands- Safety was a big need and Sands is a big safety----B

6.Ryan Whalen- Great Blocker and Good Special Teams Player. Faviorite Target of Andrew Luck----B

7a.Korey Lindsey- Good developmental player---B

7b.Jay Finley- Was Productive at Baylor. More quick then fast-----C

Overall i give this draft a A. This is a make or break draft for the Bengals. This draft will either make the Bengals a good team or set them back. But i really like this draft and is one of my favorite drafts in recent history for them.

RIP themaninblack
Old 07-25-2011, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Shere Khan
Rookie

Shere Khan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Shere Khan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I know I'm super late, but great draft by the Bengals.

Actually, the last three drafts have proven to be great foundations in bringing in new talent, and this is no different.

Changing of the guard (relatively speaking, since MB is still calling the shots).

WHO DEY, ALL DEY, ERY' DEY
Shere Khan is offline   Reply With Quote