Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Carolina Panthers Team Forum

Carolina Panthers Team Forum Discuss the Panthers

Old 02-06-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
simmy1989
Rookie

simmy1989 is a cocksman.simmy1989 is a cocksman.simmy1989 is a cocksman.simmy1989 is a cocksman.
Default I Don't Think The Panthers Are Gonna Be As Bad Ad People Think Next Year...

Injury plagued and a rookie QB with a makeshift O-Line is not gonna work. If ya look at this team next year this could be a 10 win team if healthy.

OFFENSE
QB- Give Clausen a chance with a healthy O-Line. It is hard to judge him being he was put in, pulled out, and put in again. Give him this year to see what he really has. He's got the talent.

RB- Hopefully DeAngelo come back and him and Stew do what they usually do with a healthy O-Line

WR- Steve Smith needs a No.2 beside him and fans have said this for years. The Panthers need to go to free agency and get the best WR available on the market and let LaFell and Gettis battle for No.3

TE- Another area that needs to be addressed in free agency, get the best out on the market.

OT- Gross and a healthy Otah, no worries here

OG- Wharton is solid at LG but I do believe RG needs to be addressed either with the Panthers 3rd round pick or free agency

C- Kahlil is a pro bowler so no worries

DEFENSE
DE- Johnson, Brown, and Hardy are three young promising players that I really don't think this area needs addressed even though some may disagree

DT- HUGE NEED, get Fairly No.1 cause he is a dominating presence and then see what is out there in free agency and if the deal is right bring in a solid veteran presence

LB - With Thomas Davis healthy and Jon Beason and Dan Connor doing their thing LB does not need to be addressed. Also James Anderson had a good year so very solid here.

CB- I believe Chris Gamble will come back and play at his usual level and Richard Marshall gets better every year so I think the Panthers just need to get a veteran or use a 3rd/4th round pick to get a promising young guy they are high on to be the No.3 CB

S- I like Godfrey and Martin so I don't see a huge need, but bringing in a veteran or another young guy in 5th/6th round of draft to push them I think would be good

ST- Goodson did a solid job returing kicks, Kasay/Baker are solid, but they could use a better punt returner either sign/draft a guy or let Steve Smith do it.

I don't think the Panthers are that bad off as people are saying. Injuries can completely ruin a season and a rookie QB working without a pro bowl caliber RT is not good so I see a possible solid team next year.
simmy1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with you. Carolina has a great core of skill position players (minus the WR portion) that should allow them to be competitive.
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah and even with the WR problem if we can keep Smith and sign someone like Sidney Rice problem solved.
dj825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj825 View Post
yeah and even with the WR problem if we can keep Smith and sign someone like Sidney Rice problem solved.
Carolina really isn't sitting that bad at the position if some younger players develop:

Armanti Edwards
David Clowney
David Gettis
Brandon Lefell

And the rookie:
Kealoha Pilares

Not a bad little group to help a young QB.
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
JPF
Veteran

JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JPF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The biggest thing that will determine how the Panthers do this year is free agency...more so what they do with their own than what they do signing others.

Ryan Kalil, Charles Johnson, DeAngelo Williams, Thomas Davis, James Anderson, Richard Marshall, and others will be free agents.

And this doesn't even bring into account at one point Steve Smith was rumored to be requesting a trade behind the scenes before the lockout started.

You add in no true veteran presence at QB to help Newton out is on the roster as of yet and it could be a really bad season but if the team does re-sign most of it's own free agents and finds a way to add a vet QB in free agency and possibly add a Barry Cofield or someone at DT, then the team could be much better than what most everyone thinks.

Last edited by JPF : 07-19-2011 at 01:12 PM.
JPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsy82 View Post
Carolina really isn't sitting that bad at the position if some younger players develop:

Armanti Edwards
David Clowney
David Gettis
Brandon Lefell

And the rookie:
Kealoha Pilares

Not a bad little group to help a young QB.

I agree actually, however Smith might be on his way out and even if hes not gonna leave hes getting a little older, so bringing in a replacement for Smith is the main concern. Gettis and Lafell were pretty good at times and supposedly Edwards was improving fairly well at the teams workouts but if Smith does go i dont think any of the players we have currently can be a #1 at this point and honestly i think most would be better suited as a #3 right now while they develop anyway.
dj825 is offline   Reply With Quote