Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-10-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
With the cutting of T Jax today I think safety is our biggest need. Taking Claiborne and Harrison Smith seems like the thing to do and set up our back four for years to come, but my love for Richardson runs deep and I would hate to see him running all over the NFL for a team that's not the Bucs.
I still don't think Safety is 100% our biggest need. Last year we had CBs who couldn't cover and Safeties that couldn't tackle. Grimm is a stout and sound tackler. I think he fills the SS role.

You have to remember: This safety class isn't very strong. Christian Thompson, as small school prospect, is a nice developmental prospect in the 3rd/5th rounds range in the draft. Like his potential. Janzen Jackson is a name that's been brought up, but he's got character issues, which Schiano seems to be getting rid of.

I still say draft to the 2012 class strengths. CB and RB in the 1st 2 rounds. Don't reach for need.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This safety class is really bad so I wouldn't bother unless we can land Barron or Smith.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
This safety class is really bad so I wouldn't bother unless we can land Barron or Smith.
Something interesting to note: We sat down and scouted Dre Kirkpatrick. Not a great CB prospect, but excellent FS prospect in the NFL. Thoughts? Compareable to a more athletic Antrelle Rolle.

Again, only if Claiborne or Richardson are not on the board at 5 and we trade down.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not a great class for sure. Like said in another post, a guy I really like that is getting ZERO attention is Matt Daniels of Duke. Super productive, always around the ball, tested well. I'm also intrigued by Brandon Hardin of Oregon St.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Claiborne2Bucs

If Smith somehow fell to the 3rd, I would love to get him. I think taking him with our 2nd rounder would be too high.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

2nd to last Buc Mock before the draft:

1st Round: Morris Claiborne CB LSU: Easy selection. With Richardson gone to Cleveland at 4, the Bucs take BPA and get themselves an elite CB prospect that can lock down opposing WRs for years to come.

2nd Round: Doug Martin RB Boise State: Reminds me a lot of Ray Rice and MJD. Physical bruiser that can run between the tackles and wear out defenses. Him and Blount make a nice duo. Also Martin displays some nice burst and home run abilities as well. Schiano will love him.

3rd round: James Mychal Johnson MLB Nevada: Guy has caught my eye as of late. Aggressive run defender, does a great job at shedding blocks and is known as a thumper. Weaknesses has been he's been known to be limited in coverage, but Foster can still wear the MIKE and play 3 downs at WLB.

5th Round: Aaron Henry FS Wisconsin: With the release of T-Jax, Bucs have a huge hole to fill, especially without a 4th rounder. I can see them making a move to get a guy in the 4th, but not sure they will. Henry should be here in round 5 and as an All Big 10 1st teamer, he's aggressive, good tackler, and has solid ball skills. Underrated, solid, not spectacular.

6th ROund: Rhett Ellison TE USC: Very good blocking TE and solid Pass Catcher. Could develop into a solid #2 TE in the future.

7th ROund: Akiem Hicks DT Regina: Why not go for Depth with a big -bodied Small school physcial DT? Could push for a roster spot.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claiborne2Bucs View Post
If Smith somehow fell to the 3rd, I would love to get him. I think taking him with our 2nd rounder would be too high.
See, I'm not a big fan of Smith. I just don't see much of him to reach on a day 2 pick.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't see safety as one of our greatest needs. LB is first and foremost, then perhaps CB... or maybe safety is now tied for 2nd... either way... we have 4 safeties on the roster. It'll be interesting to see if Ahmad Black can do, Grimm, Asante, and I really liked Devin Holland's speed and aggressiveness last preseason.

Again, Matt Daniels in round 6 or so would be a find.

Last edited by brasho : 04-12-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claiborne2Bucs View Post
I've heard talk of Smith being a late 1st rounder, though I doubt he goes quite that high. There is almost ZERO possibility he's available in round 3.

Markelle Martin may be there in round 3, however, and he is more the FS type we MIGHT be looking for.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Something interesting to note: We sat down and scouted Dre Kirkpatrick. Not a great CB prospect, but excellent FS prospect in the NFL. Thoughts? Compareable to a more athletic Antrelle Rolle.

Again, only if Claiborne or Richardson are not on the board at 5 and we trade down.
I like Kirkpatrick as a CB more than as a S. I feel he could be special as a CB.

FYI: Heard Mike Mayock (you love quoting him) that Luke Kuechly is his #6 overall prospect. If we trade down it would be idiotic NOT to take Kuechly. He improves our run defense and pass defense. No CB is going to help us with both. Mayock said he gets as impressive a zone drop in coverage as he's ever seen. I knew he was good in coverage, but that is quite an accolade.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Brandon Taylor is a real possibility at Safety. If we could trade down in either the second or third and pick up a 4th round pick that would be an ideal spot to take Taylor.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really want us to use anything other than a flyer on a safety in the mid-late rounds. I don't see the value this year and would much rather we target areas like CB/RB which have some solid depth through rounds 1-3, and a LB.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:14 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

UPDATE: Scheduled Visits that occured/will occur for players meeting with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

Quote:
Louisville cornerback Josh Bellamy (?/?).

Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon (4/?).

LSU defensive tackle Michael Brockers (4/?).

LSU cornerback Ron Brooks (4/?).

TCU linebacker Tank Carder (4/?).

LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne (4/3).

North Carolina defensive end Quinton Coples (?/?).

Louisiana-Lafayette tight end Ladarius Green (4/?).

Syracuse defensive end Chandler Jones (?/?).

Alabama cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick (?/?).

+Alabama running back Trent Richardson (4/5).

Midwestern State guard Amini Silatolu (?/?).

Utah State linebacker Bobby Wagner (?/?).

Virginia Tech running back David Wilson (?/?).

Illinois safety Tavon Wilson (?/?).
Also, most recently we brought in/scheduled a visit with USC LT Matt Khalil. I think it's interesting because 1. We haven't been in contact with MLB Luke Keuchly, which makes me happy because I don't think he's anything special.
2. This is a nice smoke-screen because this can intrigue other teams in need of a starting LT (Buffalo, Arizona) to trade the farm to us and land another 2nd rounder (in Bills case.)

I also like that we met with Bobby Wagner. He'd be agood pickup at WLB for us.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
UPDATE: Scheduled Visits that occured/will occur for players meeting with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

Also, most recently we brought in/scheduled a visit with USC LT Matt Khalil. I think it's interesting because 1. We haven't been in contact with MLB Luke Keuchly, which makes me happy because I don't think he's anything special.
2. This is a nice smoke-screen because this can intrigue other teams in need of a starting LT (Buffalo, Arizona) to trade the farm to us and land another 2nd rounder (in Bills case.)

I also like that we met with Bobby Wagner. He'd be agood pickup at WLB for us.
You couldn't be more wrong about Kuechly. You like referring to Mayock as being an authority, Mayock has him as his #6 prospect. Hopefully for the Buccaneers, the smokescreen is that they haven't brought in Kuechly for a visit. Considering Rutgers' proximity to Boston College, and the fact that the Bucs could have met with anybody at the Combine, I'm sure Schiano knows plenty about Kuechly.

BTW, that list has been up for weeks, it has all the teams included for those that want to know. It's on PFT.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My mock, best case and then backup picks.

1st round- 1.Richardson 2. Caliborne 3. Kuechly
2nd round- 1. Lavonte David 2. Harrison Smith 3. Mychal Kendricks
3rd round- 1. Trumaine Johnson 2. Orson Charles 3. Bruce Irvin

I think my dream three picks would be the 1st three. All the backups are not picks that should go in order, just players that I think we should look at in those rounds.

But I wouldn't mind if lets say Richardson is gone that we take Caliborne and Smith with back to back picks. We all know that our GM likes to get strong in areas with back to back picks.

I know some of you see Irvin and think WTF? Well I know he had the DUI, but I think in the 3rd round as a 3rd down pass rusher that might one day become a SLB might be worth a shot.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
[b] We haven't been in contact with MLB Luke Keuchly, which makes me happy because I don't think he's anything special.
6'3 248lb linebackers that run a 4.58/40, have a 38 inch vert, and do 27 reps of 225lbs don't come around everyday. I'd be thrilled if the Bucs took him.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTRWRTR View Post
6'3 248lb linebackers that run a 4.58/40, have a 38 inch vert, and do 27 reps of 225lbs don't come around everyday. I'd be thrilled if the Bucs took him.
Don't forget that he also reads plays before the snap so well that people call him a young Zach Thomas. If Richardson is gone for me I would love us to draft him.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
You couldn't be more wrong about Kuechly. You like referring to Mayock as being an authority, Mayock has him as his #6 prospect. Hopefully for the Buccaneers, the smokescreen is that they haven't brought in Kuechly for a visit. Considering Rutgers' proximity to Boston College, and the fact that the Bucs could have met with anybody at the Combine, I'm sure Schiano knows plenty about Kuechly.

BTW, that list has been up for weeks, it has all the teams included for those that want to know. It's on PFT.
It's not that I entirely think Keuchly is terrible, I just don't think he's this stud type of MLB like a Patrick Willis/Ray Lewis/Brian Urlacher type player. I see a lot of his plays made down the field.

And yes, I relate a lot to Mike Mayock, but this is from watching Keuchly the past 2 years. I just didn't see enough to warrant a top 15-20 selection. At 5, we can get a stud, star with Claiborne or Richardson.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:01 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's not that I entirely think Keuchly is terrible, I just don't think he's this stud type of MLB like a Patrick Willis/Ray Lewis/Brian Urlacher type player. I see a lot of his plays made down the field.

And yes, I relate a lot to Mike Mayock, but this is from watching Keuchly the past 2 years. I just didn't see enough to warrant a top 15-20 selection. At 5, we can get a stud, star with Claiborne or Richardson.
Which of those studs is going to make a dent in our porous run defense? Richardson won't even improve an area of major weakness.

You might not think Kuechly is special, but the last time I had a feeling and was pushing for the Bucs to take a LB early, the guy was Patrick Willis. You can say all you want about Richardson, but it would be insane for ANY team to take a RB in the top 10 in today's NFL.

Don't you think that: Reggie Bush, Cedric Benson, Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams, Darren McFadden, and CJ Spiller had similar talks of them being elite players? Considering these SIX busts were the only RBs taken in the top 10 in the last 10 years (in addition to Adrian Peterson), the chance of him living up to expectations is very slim.

Don't forget to take into account that most casual Buc fans want to give Mason Softer another chance because he's had bad coaching and no offseason, but they don't want to afford Blount the same opportunity despite the fact that Blount has actually HAD success in the NFL. This is completely absurd.

Personally, I would take Kuechly straight up over Richardson every day of the week... and twice on Sunday. It seems some people have forgotten watching our swiss cheese defense constantly getting blown off the field last season and that somehow a RB will fix that.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Hopefully Cleveland just takes Richardson so we don't even have to consider selecting him. Claiborne please thank you and goodbye.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:08 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

BTW, Urlacher's combine performance:

Height: 6037
Weight: 258
40 Yrd Dash: 4.59
20 Yrd Dash: 2.67
10 Yrd Dash: 1.62
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 27
Vertical Jump: 34
Broad Jump: 10'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.18
3-Cone Drill: 6.94

And then compare to Kuechly:
Height: 6024
Weight: 242
40 Yrd Dash: 4.58
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash:
Vertical Jump: 38
Broad Jump: 10'03"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.12
3-Cone Drill: 6.92

Consiering Urlacher was an unknown, he was a SS/LB his final season in college, at New Mexico of all places, he played goal line TE, returned punts, was very productive BUT was drafted so high because he tested so well... it's funny that Kuechly actually edges out Urlacher in EVERY category (he tied in bench), not to forget, set records for productivity at BC.

Did Richardson set any records BTW? No, he just proved himself to be about as good as a guy that got picked #28 overall last season. Impressive, but not nearly as impressive as Richardson's backup at Alabama... I wonder if the Alabama offensive line had a lot to do with Richardson's success... you know, like it does for ALL RBs in college or NFL.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:09 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hopefully Cleveland just takes Richardson so we don't even have to consider selecting him. Claiborne please thank you and goodbye.
I would be fine with Claiborne... though I do prefer the trade down.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I would be fine with Claiborne... though I do prefer the trade down.
I think Claiborne is the obvious choice for us at #5. I'm not saying Kuechly isn't awesome, because he is, but I really think Claiborne can be a legit #1 CB in the NFL.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think Claiborne is the obvious choice for us at #5. I'm not saying Kuechly isn't awesome, because he is, but I really think Claiborne can be a legit #1 CB in the NFL.
Thing is with Keuchly, I don';t think he has the upside to become an elite MLB. What you see is pretty much what you get. A solid MLB for the next 8-10 years, but won't reach star potential.

I watched a lot of BC games and honestly, he looks more of a guy who should go between picks 20 overall to early 2nd round. He seems to make a lot of plays down the field instead of at the LOS.

I remember Barrett Ruud was known to have good instincts as well. Not saying he is Barrett Ruud, but I don't thhink Keuchly has the mean streak you want in a MLB.

Guy I've been liking: James Michael Johnson, MLB Nevada. He's got a physcial presence, very good at shedding blocks, and is known as a thumper in run-defense.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
bucsti25
Rookie

bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucsti25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BTW, Urlacher's combine performance:

Height: 6037
Weight: 258
40 Yrd Dash: 4.59
20 Yrd Dash: 2.67
10 Yrd Dash: 1.62
Vertical Jump: 34
Broad Jump: 10'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.18
3-Cone Drill: 6.94

And then compare to Kuechly:
Height: 6024
Weight: 242
40 Yrd Dash: 4.58
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash:
Vertical Jump: 38
Broad Jump: 10'03"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.12
3-Cone Drill: 6.92

Consiering Urlacher was an unknown, he was a SS/LB his final season in college, at New Mexico of all places, he played goal line TE, returned punts, was very productive BUT was drafted so high because he tested so well... it's funny that Kuechly actually edges out Urlacher in EVERY category (he tied in bench), not to forget, set records for productivity at BC.

Did Richardson set any records BTW? No, he just proved himself to be about as good as a guy that got picked #28 overall last season. Impressive, but not nearly as impressive as Richardson's backup at Alabama... I wonder if the Alabama offensive line had a lot to do with Richardson's success... you know, like it does for ALL RBs in college or NFL.

Urlacher is on a whole other level then Kuelchy, plus those numbers you notice Brian is 260lbs compared to Luke at 240....Luke will be a good football player, but he isnt Pro Bowl level IMO...

and Richardson did break Records at alabama, most TD's in a season...