Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-17-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
BTW, Urlacher's combine performance:

Height: 6037
Weight: 258
40 Yrd Dash: 4.59
20 Yrd Dash: 2.67
10 Yrd Dash: 1.62
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 27
Vertical Jump: 34
Broad Jump: 10'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.18
3-Cone Drill: 6.94

And then compare to Kuechly:
Height: 6024
Weight: 242
40 Yrd Dash: 4.58
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash:
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 27
Vertical Jump: 38
Broad Jump: 10'03"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.12
3-Cone Drill: 6.92

Consiering Urlacher was an unknown, he was a SS/LB his final season in college, at New Mexico of all places, he played goal line TE, returned punts, was very productive BUT was drafted so high because he tested so well... it's funny that Kuechly actually edges out Urlacher in EVERY category (he tied in bench), not to forget, set records for productivity at BC.

Did Richardson set any records BTW? No, he just proved himself to be about as good as a guy that got picked #28 overall last season. Impressive, but not nearly as impressive as Richardson's backup at Alabama... I wonder if the Alabama offensive line had a lot to do with Richardson's success... you know, like it does for ALL RBs in college or NFL.
There is no reason what so ever to compare combine numbers. I bet 20 other prospects topped Urlachers combine numbers and haven't done squat in the league.

Keuchly just doesn't impress me. I think he's James Laurenitis. Not a bad thing, but doesn't warrant a top 25 pick.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw that you guys have Talib on the trading block. Do you think your management would do Talib for Felix Jones straight up? He would be the perfect compliment to blunt especially after you signed Nicks.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I saw that you guys have Talib on the trading block. Do you think your management would do Talib for Felix Jones straight up? He would be the perfect compliment to blunt especially after you signed Nicks.
Possibly, but I doubt anyone trades for him before June.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucsti25 View Post
Urlacher is on a whole other level then Kuelchy, plus those numbers you notice Brian is 260lbs compared to Luke at 240....Luke will be a good football player, but he isnt Pro Bowl level IMO...

and Richardson did break Records at alabama, most TD's in a season...
The point of this was to show how similar they were athletically. Yes, Urlacher had 16 lbs on Kuechly, he was also nearly an inch and a half taller, the proportion is the same, and besides that, the majoirty of excellent MLBs are on the shorter side rather than the taller side, and one more thing, Urlacher was a senior when he came out, Kuechly isn't even 21 yet... advantage? Kuechly.

I'm not sure how Richardson starting one season in college and setting a school record for TDs in any way equates to setting national records. Don't worry, I won't be using a "Facepalm" smilie to prove my point because I'm not 12 years old.

Last edited by brasho : 04-22-2012 at 09:06 AM.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
There is no reason what so ever to compare combine numbers. I bet 20 other prospects topped Urlachers combine numbers and haven't done squat in the league.

Keuchly just doesn't impress me. I think he's James Laurenitis. Not a bad thing, but doesn't warrant a top 25 pick.
Okay, but your hero you love to quote, Mayock, absolutely loves him... and did those other 20 prospects that had extremely similar numbers to Urlacher set records for tackles? Were they cited by analysts as getting the best zone drops in coverage that they had ever seen?

You can say all you want about what you believe Kuechly will become. I have a long history of being right on guys that lasted until the 6th round and being right on busts that were picked in round 1. Kuechly will be a stud from day one where ever he goes.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay, but your hero you love to quote, Mayock, absolutely loves him... and did those other 20 prospects that had extremely similar numbers to Urlacher set records for tackles? Were they cited by analysts as getting the best zone drops in coverage that they had ever seen?

You can say all you want about what you believe Kuechly will become. I have a long history of being right on guys that lasted until the 6th round and being right on busts that were picked in round 1. Kuechly will be a stud from day one where ever he goes.
Thing is, I don't think Keuchly is the type of MLB Schiano wants for his scheme. He wants a physcial LB. Keuchly seems more suited for a cover 2 defense and isn't particulary fiernce nor great in run defense. He's solid and still struggles to get off blocks.

BTW, the past 2 mini camps, Foster has been at the WLB, Black at MLB, and Watson/Hayward at SLB. That means they could be targeting a MLB if they don't like Black.

I think MLBs that fit the thumper bill are Travis Lewis, James Michael Johnson, Donta Hightower, Mychal Kendricks (no order what so ever, just naming, not ranking). I just don't think Keuchly is the type of player SChiano is looking for in terms of physicality. I honestly don't see much Urlacher in Keuchly. And honestly, I like Mike Mayock a lot, and mostly because it's compared to the other 2 bozos on ESPN. It's just that I wouldn't pass on an elite prospect at 5 to draft Keuchly in the top 15, let alone, the top 10.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so, not really a draft move, but you guys worked out Ron Girault, old Rutgers safety. He was one of my favorites. Look to draft Sanu round 2...and for me to be a partial Bucs fan.

Zuttah <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so, not really a draft move, but you guys worked out Ron Girault, old Rutgers safety. He was one of my favorites. Look to draft Sanu round 2...and for me to be a partial Bucs fan.

Zuttah <3
Girault signed.

We don't need Sanu! You can have him.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Thing is, I don't think Keuchly is the type of MLB Schiano wants for his scheme. He wants a physcial LB. Keuchly seems more suited for a cover 2 defense and isn't particulary fiernce nor great in run defense. He's solid and still struggles to get off blocks.

BTW, the past 2 mini camps, Foster has been at the WLB, Black at MLB, and Watson/Hayward at SLB. That means they could be targeting a MLB if they don't like Black.

I think MLBs that fit the thumper bill are Travis Lewis, James Michael Johnson, Donta Hightower, Mychal Kendricks (no order what so ever, just naming, not ranking). I just don't think Keuchly is the type of player SChiano is looking for in terms of physicality. I honestly don't see much Urlacher in Keuchly. And honestly, I like Mike Mayock a lot, and mostly because it's compared to the other 2 bozos on ESPN. It's just that I wouldn't pass on an elite prospect at 5 to draft Keuchly in the top 15, let alone, the top 10.
That's one reason I want to trade down. I would like to see us in the 8-15 range. Kuechly is plenty physical, you know a player has to actually make contact in order to be credited with 532 tackles in his career, right? No, he's not a thumper, but runners fall where contact is initiated. To tell you the truth, I don't care if a player holds on to the runner with both arms gently and sings the guy a lullabye, just as long as he gets him down. I'm sick of watching our defenders missing tackles or turning down contact. Kuechly does neither.

Now if the Bucs were looking for guys like you listed in Lewis and Hightower, how come he didn't jump all over Curtis Lofton in free agency? If ll Schiano wants is a thumper with no pass coverage ability, Lofton would be a Buc right now. That's where I think you have absolutely no evidence to support anything you've said. Where did you get the idea that Schiano wants the thumpers? That's not the type of D he ran at Rurgers. As a matter of fact, two seasons ago he wanted Rutgers to be faster so he switched some CBs to S, S's to LB, and LB's to DE...does that sound like he wants to emphasize size or speed? He's never valued size over athleticism. You're dead wrong on that report... heck, why would he have Quincy at MLB if he didn't want an athletic MLB? It clearly isn't because he thinks QUincy is a take-on guy.

Schiano has a lot of T-2 influence, he coached at Miami U, He's looking for mult-faceted athletes. Mychal Kendricks, maybe, Bobby Wagner, yes... I could see either being a Schiano LB.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

A comparison between the Bucs 1st draft picks and my desired draft picks since 1998.

In past drafts:
1998 I wanted WR Germane Crowell, the Bucs wanted WR Jacquez Green-advantage me
1999 I wanted DE Jevon Kearse the Bucs wanted DT Anthony McFarland-advantage me
2000-I wanted G Cosey Coleman and then I wanted LB Nate Webster-Bucs got both-horrible draft-my bad
2001-I wanted Kenyatta Walker, the Bucs wanted Kenyatta Walker-unfortunately we both go what we wanted-STUPID ME!
2002-I wanted Gruden-we got him... we got a Super Bowl.... good decision for the time
2004-I wanted RB Steven Jackson, we wanted WR Michael Clayton-BIG ADVANTAGE metr
2005-I wanted DE Shawn Merriman, we wanted RB Carnell Williams-advantage me
2006-I wanted WR Santonio Holmes, we wanted OG Davin Joseph-advantage... Bucs because Holmes is a turd.
2007-I wanted anybody but DE Gaines Adams, but most of all LB Patrick Willis, we wanted Adams-advantage me
2008-I wanted RB/WR Chris Johnson, we wanted CB Aqib Talib-advantage me
2009-I wanted DT Evander Hood, we wanted QB Josh Freeman-advantage Bucs
2010-I wanted to trade down and take DT Lamarr Houston or if we couldn't S Eric Berry, the Bucs wanted DT Gerald McCoy-advantage me-all that money to a guy with biceps made of paper mache hasn't been worth it.
2011-I wanted DE Cam Jordan, the Bucs wanted DE Adrian Clayborne-advantage Bucs

For the record I've been right 7 times, the Bucs 3 times, and we agreed 2 times. I'm right about Kuechly. This is the guy we need.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
HAHA are you serious? When that story broke, all the coaches had nothing but negative things to say about Blount and WIlliams work ethic.

The one positive they said was Josh Freeman, even when most of the team pretty much collapsed, was the first in the building and last to leave, working hard in the film and weight room and on the practice field. No one questioned his work ethic and he was never over-weight. The only thing he said was his playing wieght is 250 and he'll carry and extra 5 lbs to help with the hits he takes through his style of play.

The fact you're questioning Freemans work ethic shows you are not very educated on what happened nor do you check your sources.
http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/i...1294334.0.html

He was over weight. Just saying...
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Girault signed.

We don't need Sanu! You can have him.
Girault was one of my favorites at Rutgers, loved him.

And 1) you totally do need Sanu!

2) I would gladly have him!

3) Be prepared for the Rutgers invasion
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
Freeman was never over-weight. He always was listed at 6'6 250+ lb range.

This off-season, he made it a goal to get more cut and dropped 10 lbs. He's at around 240 right now.

He was never over-weight to the point he balooned over 260s. He played around 255.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
A comparison between the Bucs 1st draft picks and my desired draft picks since 1998.

In past drafts:
1998 I wanted WR Germane Crowell, the Bucs wanted WR Jacquez Green-advantage me
1999 I wanted DE Jevon Kearse the Bucs wanted DT Anthony McFarland-advantage me
2000-I wanted G Cosey Coleman and then I wanted LB Nate Webster-Bucs got both-horrible draft-my bad
2001-I wanted Kenyatta Walker, the Bucs wanted Kenyatta Walker-unfortunately we both go what we wanted-STUPID ME!
2002-I wanted Gruden-we got him... we got a Super Bowl.... good decision for the time
2004-I wanted RB Steven Jackson, we wanted WR Michael Clayton-BIG ADVANTAGE metr
2005-I wanted DE Shawn Merriman, we wanted RB Carnell Williams-advantage me
2006-I wanted WR Santonio Holmes, we wanted OG Davin Joseph-advantage... Bucs because Holmes is a turd.
2007-I wanted anybody but DE Gaines Adams, but most of all LB Patrick Willis, we wanted Adams-advantage me
2008-I wanted RB/WR Chris Johnson, we wanted CB Aqib Talib-advantage me
2009-I wanted DT Evander Hood, we wanted QB Josh Freeman-advantage Bucs
2010-I wanted to trade down and take DT Lamarr Houston or if we couldn't S Eric Berry, the Bucs wanted DT Gerald McCoy-advantage me-all that money to a guy with biceps made of paper mache hasn't been worth it.
2011-I wanted DE Cam Jordan, the Bucs wanted DE Adrian Clayborne-advantage Bucs

For the record I've been right 7 times, the Bucs 3 times, and we agreed 2 times. I'm right about Kuechly. This is the guy we need.
I think you're both wrong on that one in 2005. Merriman went to crap after he got busted with Roids.

I guess I'll give this a try:

2002: I wanted Gruden....Bucs got Gruden. Both Right, although I had no clue we'd trade for him.
2003. I wanted Chris Simms....Bucs got Chris Simms. Advantage: No one, although I applaud him for playing with a ruptrued spline.

2004: I wanted Stephen Jackson as well. Bucs got Clayton: Advantage me.

2005: I wanted Aaron Rodgers....Bucs got Caddalac Williams. Advantage me

2006: I wanted Chad Jackson...Bucs got Davin Joseph...Advantage Bucs

2007: I wanted Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson if we didn't make the trade...Bucs got Adams...Advantage me.

2008: I wanted Rashad Mendenhall....Bucs got Talib...Advantage: Ehh, I'd go with Mendenhall so me. Kinda equal though.

2009: I wanted Freeman....Bucs got Freeman. Good win.

2010: Honestly, I wanted Berry. Loved him, but also loved McCoy as well. Bucs got McCoy. Still think they made a good pick. McCoy was beasting until injury last year. Hopefully he's not an injury bust.

2011: I wanted Kerrigan in the worst way. Bucs got Clayborne. Good move Bucs.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Girault was one of my favorites at Rutgers, loved him.

And 1) you totally do need Sanu!

2) I would gladly have him!

3) Be prepared for the Rutgers invasion
You can be an honorary Bucs fan anytime!

Old 04-20-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:

This off-season, he made it a goal to get more cut and dropped 10 lbs. He's at around 240 right now.

He was never over-weight to the point he balooned over 260s. He played around 255.
If you don't think Freeman looks over weight in that pic your crazy. And he has lost more then 10 pounds for sure.

Last edited by kBuc5 : 04-20-2012 at 07:31 PM.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Hello? You're posting what he was listed at? Do you think the players have a weigh-in every Sunday morning and the team website updates their listed weights? I don't think Freeman was really overweight, but he admitted he was 265 last season. He was quoted in an article the other day about playing at 265 last season. it may have been on a video on Buccaneers.com, but it is incredibly naive to suggest that a player's listed weight is his actual weight considering players often grow nearly 2 inches from the moment they are drafted to the time they are listed on a team's website.that

Here is one place that quickly turned up a result on him losing weigh and I would be the other reference to him losing weight was from his interview on Buccaneers.com from the past few days:

http://www.bucsnation.com/2012/4/20/...isible-already
Old 04-22-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think you're both wrong on that one in 2005. Merriman went to crap after he got busted with Roids.

I guess I'll give this a try:

2002: I wanted Gruden....Bucs got Gruden. Both Right, although I had no clue we'd trade for him.
2003. I wanted Chris Simms....Bucs got Chris Simms. Advantage: No one, although I applaud him for playing with a ruptrued spline.

2004: I wanted Stephen Jackson as well. Bucs got Clayton: Advantage me.

2005: I wanted Aaron Rodgers....Bucs got Caddalac Williams. Advantage me

2006: I wanted Chad Jackson...Bucs got Davin Joseph...Advantage Bucs

2007: I wanted Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson if we didn't make the trade...Bucs got Adams...Advantage me.

2008: I wanted Rashad Mendenhall....Bucs got Talib...Advantage: Ehh, I'd go with Mendenhall so me. Kinda equal though.

2009: I wanted Freeman....Bucs got Freeman. Good win.

2010: Honestly, I wanted Berry. Loved him, but also loved McCoy as well. Bucs got McCoy. Still think they made a good pick. McCoy was beasting until injury last year. Hopefully he's not an injury bust.

2011: I wanted Kerrigan in the worst way. Bucs got Clayborne. Good move Bucs.
Kerrigan turned out well and will probably turn out to be every bit as good. I wanted Aldon Smith first and foremost.. Calvin Johnson was not available, he was my top choice but on my board, the guy I knew would be available was Willis. My top choice in 2004 was actually Tommie Harris, but he got picked one pick ahead of us... then Steven Jackson. Regardless, my track record kicks the ass of the Bucs track record of the past 15 seasons.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:45 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Merriman was 2 time first team all-pro, one time 2nd team all-pro.... and considering Williams was a tremendous disappointment AFTER rushing for 434 his first 3 games, he did very little in his career after that point. At least Merriman provided 3 excellent seasons... not 3 excellent games.

Last edited by brasho : 04-22-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

BTW, Roy Cummings tweeted last night that his gut feeling was that the Bucs were taking Kuechly at number 5. I've been seeing a lot more Kuechly to Bucs chatter the past couple of days.

Mike Mayock recently said that he thought Kuechly would go to more Pro Bowls than any other player from this draft class.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
BTW, Roy Cummings tweeted last night that his gut feeling was that the Bucs were taking Kuechly at number 5. I've been seeing a lot more Kuechly to Bucs chatter the past couple of days.

Mike Mayock recently said that he thought Kuechly would go to more Pro Bowls than any other player from this draft class.
I've seen that too. Again, I'd be a little ticked if we took Keuchly #5. That is really high for him. He's not the prospect Urlacher nor Willis was. Honestly, I think Teo from ND next year is a better prospect, which makes believe he's not the best MLB prospect to come around in a while that warrents that pick.

I don't necessarily hate Keuchly as a prospect, but Buc fans would be dissappointed to take him at 5 over a Claiborne. If we move down say 10-12 picks, that's his draft value, well where it begins. If we reach and take him at 5, it's a fail. I believe we can get a very good MLB in rounds 2-3 in Mychal Kendricks or James Michael Johnson in the 3rd.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Well according to Schefter, he believes it's more likely the Vikings will take Claiborne.

Per Rotoworld.com

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter is only "28.3 percent sure" the Vikings will select USC LT Matt Kalil with the No. 3 pick.

Schefter has been reporting for over a week that Kalil to the Vikes is far from a lock, and currently believes LSU CB Morris Claiborne will be the pick at No. 3. However, Schefter does "reserve (the) right to change my mind." The Vikings haven't made a secret of their willingness to trade down, so it's clear they don't have their heart set on the draft's consensus top tackle
To me, it's starting to get more believable. They have an awful O-Line, but an awful secondary even more. To think, they go up against Rodgers, Cutler, and Stafford TWICE a year each, they need an elite shutdown potential CB there. I think he's going to go #3 to Minny or #4 if the Cleveland/Minnesota Trade talks are accurate in hopes of Cleveland fearing Miami plans a move to grab Tanehill./
Old 04-22-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well according to Schefter, he believes it's more likely the Vikings will take Claiborne.

Per Rotoworld.com

To me, it's starting to get more believable. They have an awful O-Line, but an awful secondary even more. To think, they go up against Rodgers, Cutler, and Stafford TWICE a year each, they need an elite shutdown potential CB there. I think he's going to go #3 to Minny or #4 if the Cleveland/Minnesota Trade talks are accurate in hopes of Cleveland fearing Miami plans a move to grab Tanehill./
Here's the thing, I like Claiborne as a prospect, but he's more along the lines of a Quintin Jammer/Terrence Newman-really good CB type but not a shutdown guy. ALL shutdown CBs have elite athleticism and test like it. Claiborne has pretty good athleticism. I'm not sure ANYBODY is saying Claiborne is a shutdown CB.

Last edited by brasho : 04-22-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I've seen that too. Again, I'd be a little ticked if we took Keuchly #5. That is really high for him. He's not the prospect Urlacher nor Willis was. Honestly, I think Teo from ND next year is a better prospect, which makes believe he's not the best MLB prospect to come around in a while that warrents that pick.

I don't necessarily hate Keuchly as a prospect, but Buc fans would be dissappointed to take him at 5 over a Claiborne. If we move down say 10-12 picks, that's his draft value, well where it begins. If we reach and take him at 5, it's a fail. I believe we can get a very good MLB in rounds 2-3 in Mychal Kendricks or James Michael Johnson in the 3rd.
Here's the thing about JMJ and guys like him. I'm fairly certain that Schiano likes the run and chase LBs like we've had in the past. Kendricks I like so yes, JMJ no. My proof? The Bucs had two LBs in for visits to One Buc Place, their names: Tank Carder and Bobby Wagner. Two guys that are definitely not tackle to tackle hole pluggers like JMJ and some of the other guys you have touted in the past (Lofton, Lewis, others). Kuechly fits the bill, so does Kendricks, even your beloved Zach Brown is in the mold.

BTW, I definitely prefer a move down for Kuechly. Why not get optimal value for the pick? As Schiano being the former LB and a cerebral, disciplined sort, it wouldn't be surprsing for him to fall in love with the guy Mayock and others have called the "cleanest prospect in the draft". But here's the thing about that. If Kuechly works out, and that isn't really a big IF, it's not a fail. It's good value for a guy they feel would change the culture and fortunes of a beleaguered defense.

As for him not being the prospect Urlacher was... that's ridiculous. You must not go back very far. Urlacher was considered a freak athlete, not a MLB stud in the making. Nobody knew for sure what position he would play. He was a hybrid S/LB at UNM, played WR, returned kicks... some saw him as a LB, some a S, some a TE.. nobody knew he would be a stud in the middle... especially considering he didn't even win a starting spot on defense until his junior season (Kuechly started as a true freshman and set freshman records at a BCS school-he also fell only 30-some tackles short of the all-time tackle record despite skipping his senior season).
Old 04-22-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Here's the thing about JMJ and guys like him. I'm fairly certain that Schiano likes the run and chase LBs like we've had in the past. Kendricks I like so yes, JMJ no. My proof? The Bucs had two LBs in for visits to One Buc Place, their names: Tank Carder and Bobby Wagner. Two guys that are definitely not tackle to tackle hole pluggers like JMJ and some of the other guys you have touted in the past (Lofton, Lewis, others). Kuechly fits the bill, so does Kendricks, even your beloved Zach Brown is in the mold.

BTW, I definitely prefer a move down for Kuechly. Why not get optimal value for the pick? As Schiano being the former LB and a cerebral, disciplined sort, it wouldn't be surprsing for him to fall in love with the guy Mayock and others have called the "cleanest prospect in the draft". But here's the thing about that. If Kuechly works out, and that isn't really a big IF, it's not a fail. It's good value for a guy they feel would change the culture and fortunes of a beleaguered defense.

As for him not being the prospect Urlacher was... that's ridiculous. You must not go back very far. Urlacher was considered a freak athlete, not a MLB stud in the making. Nobody knew for sure what position he would play. He was a hybrid S/LB at UNM, played WR, returned kicks... some saw him as a LB, some a S, some a TE.. nobody knew he would be a stud in the middle... especially considering he didn't even win a starting spot on defense until his junior season (Kuechly started as a true freshman and set freshman records at a BCS school-he also fell only 30-some tackles short of the all-time tackle record despite skipping his senior season).
We're probably going to beat the bush on this Keuchly discussion, but Keuchly set tackle records. My concern with him: He makes to many tackles down-field and does struggle to get off blocks. Our DT situation hasn't been improved and that has hurt our LBs over the past few years. I wouldn't be surprised if a trade-down occurs and Poe, DT from Memphins, is the choice., a BIG Bodies NT to plug in next to McCoy.

I like Kendricks. I think he's a better LB, more physcial and very stout in the run defense. He's also very solid in pass coverage and very well rounded enough to play the MIKE and WILL. He's similar to Jon Beason.

Keuchly? I don't think he's this freakish athlete like Urlacher. When I watch him, he just doesn't say, WOW. I wish he was a Buc. I also just think he'll be solid and his ceiling has been hit. To take him at 5 , let alone, top 10, is just ridiculous. He's no where near the level of a Patrick Willis. That we can keep dreaming.

Kendricks > Keuchly.

Last edited by bucfan12 : 04-22-2012 at 04:07 PM.