Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 01-17-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
My point remains: Top 5 picks at skill positions are reserved for guys you KNOW are going to be superstars.

Well, another issue is the atrocious offensive line...

Still, Blount has a lot of issues to overcome before he can be considered a feature back.

1) He's terrible in short-yardage situations.
2) He's either too inept at pass-blocking/catching or too dumb to comprehend the playbook in order to participate in passing situations.

Even if you disagree, I don't think anyone can argue that we don't need another RB. Do you really want to go into next season with Kregg Lumpkin as the backup again?
I know it is a long shot, but imagine how improved our O-Line would be if we could some how sign Carl Nicks.

I agree about needing a running back. We need a 3rd down back and it is blatantly obvious. Someone who can do what Caddy did in 2010, except with more explosiveness, speed and potential. I'm sure Trent Richardson is the answer, but I'd rather pick up a guy in the 2nd or 3rd to be honest.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I know it is a long shot, but imagine how improved our O-Line would be if we could some how sign Carl Nicks.

I agree about needing a running back. We need a 3rd down back and it is blatantly obvious. Someone who can do what Caddy did in 2010, except with more explosiveness, speed and potential. I'm sure Trent Richardson is the answer, but I'd rather pick up a guy in the 2nd or 3rd to be honest.
Why would we have the two highest paid Gs in the NFL? We pay Donald Penn a ton of cash as well.

We need a solid LG. O-line isn't has bad as a problem. Zuttah is a natural fit at C. We can't address everything in 1 draft. I think our main problem was coaching/discipline on both sides of the ball and the o-line does not need an overhaul, just a solid LG.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Why would we have the two highest paid Gs in the NFL? We pay Donald Penn a ton of cash as well.

We need a solid LG. O-line isn't has bad as a problem. Zuttah is a natural fit at C. We can't address everything in 1 draft. I think our main problem was coaching/discipline on both sides of the ball and the o-line does not need an overhaul, just a solid LG.
How is having two all-pro level guards a bad problem to have?

Old 01-17-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I for one do not think, talent wise, o-line is the biggest problem. We don't need to add a pro bowler to our oline at that expense.

We can get a solid G. Keep Trueblood. he wasn't great, but he was average. I think some of you are expecting too much this off-season to fill every need.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I have not implied anything in regard to expectation... In fact, I think we will be thoroughly disappointed with whatever happens.

Only guy I really want is DeSean Jackson and it's a pretty well known fact I've had a major man crush on him since he was in college.

Old 01-17-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I have not implied anything in regard to expectation... In fact, I think we will be thoroughly disappointed with whatever happens.

Only guy I really want is DeSean Jackson and it's a pretty well known fact I've had a major man crush on him since he was in college.
I don't want his attitude in the lockerroom. We have enough ego with Winslow in the lockerroom. Freeman doesn't need 2 headaches complaining about touches.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I don't want his attitude in the lockerroom. We have enough ego with Winslow in the lockerroom. Freeman doesn't need 2 headaches complaining about touches.
I kinda want to cut Winslow...

Old 01-17-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ok. But why cut Winslow and bring in another headache in Desean Jackson?
Old 01-17-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Ok. But why cut Winslow and bring in another headache in Desean Jackson?
Because I LOVE DESEAN!

Old 01-17-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I'd rather cut Winslow, not bring in Desean, bring in Dwayne Bowe, and draft Wright.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
My point remains: Top 5 picks at skill positions are reserved for guys you KNOW are going to be superstars.

Well, another issue is the atrocious offensive line...

Still, Blount has a lot of issues to overcome before he can be considered a feature back.

1) He's terrible in short-yardage situations.
2) He's either too inept at pass-blocking/catching or too dumb to comprehend the playbook in order to participate in passing situations.

Even if you disagree, I don't think anyone can argue that we don't need another RB. Do you really want to go into next season with Kregg Lumpkin as the backup again?
I am starting to get on board with the Richardson pick. This draft has talent at both the CB and RB positions. And if we took the best RB in the draft I think we could still get a pretty good CB in the second.
The QBs are starting to get some buzz and possible teams trade back into the late first to grab Tannehill/Foles or the Osweiler kid which is going to push some first round talent into the second.

Last edited by kBuc5 : 01-21-2012 at 08:49 AM.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Not on a running back. You get running backs in the later rounds you don't waste a top pick on a running back.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:16 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoJoeBucsFan View Post
Not on a running back. You get running backs in the later rounds you don't waste a top pick on a running back.
That's the typical rule, which I agree with. But if T-Rich projects to be a game changer in the same realm as a AP or LT then I am all for grabbing him.
We were a horrible running team last year and it's a position that can turn a offense around quickly.

Let me ask this, if you can't trade down and Luck, Blackmon, Claiborn, Kalil are off the board who do you pick?

Last edited by kBuc5 : 01-21-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
That's the typical rule, which I agree with. But if T-Rich projects to be a game changer in the same realm as a AP or LT then I am all for grabbing him.
We were a horrible running team last year and it's a position that can turn a offense around quickly.

Let me ask this, if you can't trade down and Luck, Blackmon, Claiborn, Kalil are off the board who do you pick?
Richardson... With a smile on your face.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Just finished the forum mock here and ended up with Blackmon(1st), Alfonzo Dennard(2nd), LaMichael James(3rd) and Sean Spence (5th). Thoughts?

Last edited by Caddy : 01-21-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would be very happy with that.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:47 AM    (permalink
YoJoeBucsFan
Veteran

YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.YoJoeBucsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post

BPA=RG3. RG3 is there you will be able to trade back though.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
Just finished the forum mock here and ended up with Blackmon(1st), Alfonzo Dennard(2nd), LaMichael James(3rd) and Sean Spence (5th). Thoughts?
Get the first rated WR, third rated CB, and fifth rated RB in the first three rounds would be pretty sweet. We could concentrate on LB and Safety help in FA. Spence is considered a 2-3 round pick, maybe he falls because he does not have typical LB size ala Geno Hayes.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Please cut Winslow.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think if our draft went like that you should be named GM and immediately enshrined in Canton. All studs, all needs, and all would be falling in the draft a bit and we would be there to scoop them up.

I just seriously doubt our draft could possibly go this well. With Kelly coming aboard, James looks like a solid bet... and Darron Thomas to be a backup/wildcat QB in rounds 6-7 could be a possibility.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
I think if our draft went like that you should be named GM and immediately enshrined in Canton. All studs, all needs, and all would be falling in the draft a bit and we would be there to scoop them up.

I just seriously doubt our draft could possibly go this well. With Kelly coming aboard, James looks like a solid bet... and Darron Thomas to be a backup/wildcat QB in rounds 6-7 could be a possibility.
I like you.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
NorrinRadd12
Rookie

NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
If we hypothetically ended up with those 6 guys, I think Parker would be the most likely to go. I actually like the idea of Benn playing in the slot. He is a tough runner who wouldn't be afraid of going across the middle.
Benn's 2nd round draft status gets him more hype than he deserves. Parker is significantly better, as is Briscoe. The smart football move would be to trade him, but Dominik invested a #2 and #5 in him so unfortunately he's not going anywhere, and will get unwarranted playing time on top of it.
NorrinRadd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12 View Post
Benn's 2nd round draft status gets him more hype than he deserves. Parker is significantly better, as is Briscoe. The smart football move would be to trade him, but Dominik invested a #2 and #5 in him so unfortunately he's not going anywhere, and will get unwarranted playing time on top of it.
I'm with you on this. Benn just doesn't look like a natural fit at WR. Hes big and fast but just doesn't understand how to be a WR. I would still kep him tho... Year three is coming up also the guy is very good after catch... So maybe we can use him in the screen game.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Draft status will have little impact when a new coach comes in. Last years depth chart is essentially scrapped and guys like Benn/Parker/Briscoe will earn their spots on the depth chart.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

I just hope we can get some speed on this offense.