Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 01-25-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
NorrinRadd12
Rookie

NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.NorrinRadd12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Draft status will have little impact when a new coach comes in. Last years depth chart is essentially scrapped and guys like Benn/Parker/Briscoe will earn their spots on the depth chart.
Not buying it. Dominik will make sure his guys play.
NorrinRadd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorrinRadd12 View Post
Not buying it. Dominik will make sure his guys play.
Yeah that's not going to happen.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Yeah that's not going to happen.
Yeah. You don't keep a guy just because he was a 2nd round pick 2 years ago. If he shows no signs of improvement, you take the best player.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3rd year is make or break time for any player no matter where he was drafted (unless he's a QB). If Benn can't prove himself to be among the top 5 or 6 WRs on the roster then he'll be cut. He won't be a cap victim because he's a 2nd rounder, but considering I can't recall him ever really being a contributor on special teams, he likely has to prove himself as one of the top 3 WRs.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
3rd year is make or break time for any player no matter where he was drafted (unless he's a QB). If Benn can't prove himself to be among the top 5 or 6 WRs on the roster then he'll be cut. He won't be a cap victim because he's a 2nd rounder, but considering I can't recall him ever really being a contributor on special teams, he likely has to prove himself as one of the top 3 WRs.
I really like Benn and hope the light switches on this year. He needs to run across the middle a bit more rather than either rushing the ball, catching behind the line of scrimmage or only running vertical routes. Hopefully a new passing coordinator will fix these problems.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Considering Benn had to come back from the ACL, poor QB play, no offseason I give him a pass, way too much talent to give up on. Williams, insert speed guy, Benn, Parker, Briscoe if we keep 6 throw in Sammie. Spurlock would be the odd man out.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
Considering Benn had to come back from the ACL, poor QB play, no offseason I give him a pass, way too much talent to give up on. Williams, insert speed guy, Benn, Parker, Briscoe if we keep 6 throw in Sammie. Spurlock would be the odd man out.
I doubt Sammie makes the team this year. Parker is a better version of him, although Stroughter is a better returner.

Old 01-29-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dream draft would be

1. Mo Claiborne
2 Lamar Miller
3 Joe Adams
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
My dream draft would be

1. Mo Claiborne
2 Lamar Miller
3 Joe Adams

I would be pretty happy with that draft. If we are talking dream draft Mine would be, trade down and pick up another 2nd rounder and go -
1. Burfict
2. Mark Barron
2. S. Gilmore
3. Doug Martin
Old 01-30-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would be pretty happy with that draft. If we are talking dream draft Mine would be, trade down and pick up another 2nd rounder and go -
1. Burfict
2. Mark Barron
2. S. Gilmore
3. Doug Martin
Terrible. Burfict is a 2 down Backer suited to play in the 3-4.

I'd go with this:

Off-season:

Key signings:
- CB Cortland Finnegan
- MLB Dan Connor
- WR Robert Meachum
- G Chilo Rachel

DRAFT:
1st: Morris Claiborn CB LSU
2nd: David Wilson RB Va Tech
3rd: Bobby Wagner OLB Utah State
5th: Brandon Taylor SS LSU
Old 01-30-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

after reading this, hopefully richardson or blackmon won't do us dirty

According to Charlie Campbell of Pewter Report, the Bucs' coaching staff believed Mike Williams and LeGarrette Blount slacked off and partied too much during the 2011 season.
The Bucs' 2011 coaching staff has been fired, so they're now free to vent. Blount and Williams were criticized for rarely hitting the weights and training room, and Williams "in particular was a mess." He reportedly "partied a lot at night," fell asleep in the meeting rooms, and purposely lost weight during the season that left him "frail," lacking the strength to fit off cornerbacks' jams. A top-50 talent, Williams fell to the fourth round of the 2010 draft due to concerns with his work ethic and commitment. The Bucs hope to change their team's culture in 2012. Related: LeGarrette BlountSource: Walter Football
Old 01-30-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinaMan View Post
after reading this, hopefully richardson or blackmon won't do us dirty

According to Charlie Campbell of Pewter Report, the Bucs' coaching staff believed Mike Williams and LeGarrette Blount slacked off and partied too much during the 2011 season.
The Bucs' 2011 coaching staff has been fired, so they're now free to vent. Blount and Williams were criticized for rarely hitting the weights and training room, and Williams "in particular was a mess." He reportedly "partied a lot at night," fell asleep in the meeting rooms, and purposely lost weight during the season that left him "frail," lacking the strength to fit off cornerbacks' jams. A top-50 talent, Williams fell to the fourth round of the 2010 draft due to concerns with his work ethic and commitment. The Bucs hope to change their team's culture in 2012. Related: LeGarrette BlountSource: Walter Football
I think this is all BS. When Williams was pulled over last year he had nothing in his system. He didn't even drink.

The whole world wants to look at the Bucs and say the talent isn't there, but I say look at the 49ers this year. Coaching maters in the NFL. I liked Morris as a person, but I can also say he was not a good football coach. Our young players have to learn what it takes to be great. That comes with growth as a person and player.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Terrible. Burfict is a 2 down Backer suited to play in the 3-4.

I'd go with this:

Off-season:

Key signings:
- CB Cortland Finnegan
- MLB Dan Connor
- WR Robert Meachum
- G Chilo Rachel

DRAFT:
1st: Morris Claiborn CB LSU
2nd: David Wilson RB Va Tech
3rd: Bobby Wagner OLB Utah State
5th: Brandon Taylor SS LSU
ASU played a 43, He's a big LB and can play either IMO. A lot of folks were saying Foster was a OLB in the NFL this tim last year, so. Said it many times we have the worst LBs in the league, probably the worst SS, and one of the worst secondaries going into next year w/Ronde not likely to come back and Talibs situation. My dream draft is getting a beast at MLB, the best SS in the draft (I don't think he's a first round lock), a first round talent in Gilmore and a good back in Martin in the third. Terrible? Really. If it went down like that you would be pissed off?

Last edited by kBuc5 : 01-30-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
ASU played a 43, He's a big LB and can play either IMO. A lot of folks were saying Foster was a OLB in the NFL this tim last year, so. Said it many times we have the worst LBs in the league, probably the worst SS, and one of the worst secondaries going into next year w/Ronde not likely to come back and Talibs situation. My dream draft is getting a beast at MLB, the best SS in the draft (I don't think he's a first round lock), a first round talent in Gilmore and a good back in Martin in the third. Terrible? Really. If it went down like that you would be pissed off?
Mark Barron won't be around in the 2nd round. Burfict is a nut and reports are he declared because his eligibility for next year was in question because he might have been kicked off the team. I don't want him. Head case and is scouted as a 2 down backer.

You forget, if we get 2 Cbs in FA/Draft, we can stash Mack/Gaitor or a FA in at the nickel, Tanard at the FS, and Grimm/Taylor (projected pick) to battle it out at SS. Grimm is serviceable and a huge upgrade over Sean Jones.

I watched Stephon Gilmore constantly get burned by guys who won't even be in the NFL this past season. Highly doubt he's a 1st round guy. Next Ahmad Carrol in my opinion.

If we didn't go CB in round 1, Leonard Johnson is a sleeper in the 3rd. Very similar to Brandon Flowers and really balled out on Justin Blackmon earlier this year and contained him.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grimm is more than serviceable. He's a natural strong safety and is the best tackler we've got on defense.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
Mark Barron won't be around in the 2nd round. Burfict is a nut and reports are he declared because his eligibility for next year was in question because he might have been kicked off the team. I don't want him. Head case and is scouted as a 2 down backer.

You forget, if we get 2 Cbs in FA/Draft, we can stash Mack/Gaitor or a FA in at the nickel, Tanard at the FS, and Grimm/Taylor (projected pick) to battle it out at SS. Grimm is serviceable and a huge upgrade over Sean Jones.

I watched Stephon Gilmore constantly get burned by guys who won't even be in the NFL this past season. Highly doubt he's a 1st round guy. Next Ahmad Carrol in my opinion.

If we didn't go CB in round 1, Leonard Johnson is a sleeper in the 3rd. Very similar to Brandon Flowers and really balled out on Justin Blackmon earlier this year and contained him.
Mark Barron is not a 1st round lock, we should have a better idea after the combine but players drop every year. To rely on Grimm is a huge mistake, back to back season ending leg injuries.
Burfict is going to be a star, he has some on field issues but I think that type of player is worth the risk.
Gilmore is a big CB, his physicality and size might push him to the first round if he runs a good 40.
I didn't forget about FA, as it stands it was my dream draft. If we go get Curtis Lofton and Tyvon Branch it would obviously change.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Nothing is a lock right now... What if we sign two vet CB's as FA? That takes Mo off our list? Or if we get out hands on Jackson or VJax then were not drafting blackmon. A lot can happen between right now and the draft.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Well secondary is a huge need. But Freeman needs more weapons. The coaching staff needs to re evaluate Mike Williams and Benn. If they are not as great as once thought then Blackmon would be a good choice. Blount might not be the answer so a RB would be great too. If somehow the Bucs got lucky and traded down to acquire more picks that would be great.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Free Agency changes things a lot for our 2nd/3rd picks, but I'm not so sure it has a huge impact on our first choice. With the 5th overall pick I think we just have to go out and get the most talented/BPA at the spot.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Updated offseason:

- Key Resignings:

- RB Lagarrete Blount (Exclusive Rights)
- DE Michael Bennett (Exclusive Rights)
- K Connor Barth
- CB Elbert Mack
- G/C Jeremy Zuttah

FA:
- WR Pierre Garcon
- CB Brandon Carr
- LB Lofa Tatupa (he claims he's 100% and could be a steal)
- RB Jason Snelling

DRAFT:
1st: Morris Claiborne CB LSU
2nd: Lavonte David OLB Nebraska
3rd: Trade down and acquire pick: Selction: Ronnie Hillman RB San Diego State
4th: Nate Potter T Boise State
5th: Charles Mitchell SS Missisippi Sate
6th: Greg Paulson TE Oregon
7th: G/C Depth.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My big board right now would be:

1. Claiborne
2. Blackmon
3. Richardson

Claiborne is an obvious choice for me. I'm sick of our secondary getting burnt. I don't care if Talib and Ronde both stay, I still want Mo'.

If we can get Finnegan in free agency though and Talib/Barber stay, I'd lean towards Blackmon. It seems like an elite WR will take you farther than an elite RB. Just look at the playoffs this year. Nine out of the twelve teams (Cincy, Houston, Pitt, NE, Detroit, NO, Atlanta, NYG, GB) have top 10 receivers. Only Houston and maybe Atlanta out of that bunch had an elite running back, and they both were one and done. Baltimore, San Fran and Denver all have great running games, but those teams were carried by their defenses more than everything.

If we do get Blackmon and Mike Williams gets his ass back in shape, or Benn breaks through, I think Freeman can have an even better season than '10.

I like Richardson and think he's the best RB prospect since AD, but I just think we can get a RB in the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th to compliment Blount and be fine.

Dom likes to attack needs in the draft first and foremost, so I have little doubt we'll see a LB in rounds two or three. A dream scenario would be to steal away Curtis Lofton or David Hawthorne to man the middle, move Mason to the outside, and take our pick of one of the many LBs that'll be available in the 2nd/3rd.

I'm becoming a fan of Billy Wagner and I wouldn't be upset if he was our 2nd round pick. I love Sean Spence too and think he'll be a stud. I'm iffy on Zach Brown, I think he has a little bit of Ernie Sims to his game and people are being blinded by his athleticism. I'd much rather grab Nigel Bradham in the 3rd. If Lavonte David falls to the 3rd because of his size I'd take a chance on him to be our WLB.

With whatever pick we don't use on a LB, it comes down to either a running back or a safety to me. I'd lean towards a back since there seems to be so many in the 2nd-3rd range than can be really good. If Lamar Miller is there in the 2nd somehow we have to take him. David Wilson and Doug Martin in the 2nd would be good too. Then in the 3rd Polk, Hillman, Pead and LaMichael are all solid options.

With Tanard back we don't need to worry about FS this year. Grimm can be an average starter but an upgrade would be nice. Barron could be there in the second but I just don't seem him being a difference maker in the pros. I'd rather George Iloka in the 3rd if he's there.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

You guys don't give these young players time. Wr's take around three years to come around. Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson took time to come around. I don't think drafting blackmon is that big of a need. If he's the BPA then take him. I'm a BPA guy. What's why I would be upset if we took Richardson, I think he could become a top three back in the nfl. As much as I like Blount, he's no top three back.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:30 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

I don't think anyone is saying give up on these guys. We just want the best possible receivers to be on the field regardless of draft position.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
You guys don't give these young players time. Wr's take around three years to come around. Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson took time to come around. I don't think drafting blackmon is that big of a need. If he's the BPA then take him. I'm a BPA guy. What's why I would be upset if we took Richardson, I think he could become a top three back in the nfl. As much as I like Blount, he's no top three back.
It's not that I'm willing to give up on a guy. I think speed needs to be added. Benn to me, would be better off filling the role of a Percy Harvin. Needs the ball in open space. My question about him and Mike Williams is there hands and route running. Both dropped several balls.

Mike Williams had the work ethic of a college freshman who partied too much this year. And reports were he slacked off in both the offseason, TC, and during the regular season. If he doesn't smarten up, I would love to replace him in a heartbeat.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
It's not that I'm willing to give up on a guy. I think speed needs to be added. Benn to me, would be better off filling the role of a Percy Harvin. Needs the ball in open space. My question about him and Mike Williams is there hands and route running. Both dropped several balls.

Mike Williams had the work ethic of a college freshman who partied too much this year. And reports were he slacked off in both the offseason, TC, and during the regular season. If he doesn't smarten up, I would love to replace him in a heartbeat.
I completely agree with you about Benn. One of the things that impressed me most about him as a prospect was his ability after the catch. He is tough to bring down once he gets the ball in his hands and he needs to get the ball across the middle a bit more so we can see what he can do.