Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 02-27-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Luke Kuechly workout today... I would draft him at 5. Guy could become the next Willis/ Urlacher.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
With Luke Kuechly workout today... I would draft him at 5. Guy could become the next Willis/ Urlacher.
I agree, and I've been saying this all along. Kuechly is our guy, and if it takes the combine for people to recognize it, so be it.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kuechly is an athletic freak and will be a stud for many years to come.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

If we took him at 5 I would be pretty pissed. No LB in this draft is worth a top 10 pick. Even if he is going to be a stud we can trade back and draft him and pick up extra picks.
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are Bucs fans pretty locked in on Claiborne if he is available? If he is gone who is next up? Provide a weapon for Freeman in Blackmon or Richardson? Try to protect him with Kalil? Or do they reach for Kuechly?
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, good off-season so far. Quick question, I'm working on a new mock draft. I already have Claiborne and Richardson off the board. What direction would you guys go in if this happens? Kalil, Kuechly, Blackmon? Possibly one of the DE's like Coples?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kalil or Kuechly

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Hey guys, good off-season so far. Quick question, I'm working on a new mock draft. I already have Claiborne and Richardson off the board. What direction would you guys go in if this happens? Kalil, Kuechly, Blackmon? Possibly one of the DE's like Coples?
I think our GM would have to take Kalil, but I wouldn't rule out us going with Coples or Poe as well... I know we just had Coples in for a look.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I think our GM would have to take Kalil, but I wouldn't rule out us going with Coples or Poe as well... I know we just had Coples in for a look.
I assume we are just doing our homework, although not sure why we needed him in given his ties to Coach Davis who should know plenty about him already.

With news that Aqib is a ??? until June, CB becomes top priority again I think.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

It sounds more and more like if Richardson it there we are going to take him... I wouldn't be too upset if our top two picks looked like this

1. Richardson
2. Harrison Smith
Old 03-29-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

I don't think we could pass on Kalil. Richardson did not impress at his pro day, 25 reps? Thought he was a workout warrior? Hopefully Claiborne is there or we can trade down.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
I don't think we could pass on Kalil. Richardson did not impress at his pro day, 25 reps? Thought he was a workout warrior? Hopefully Claiborne is there or we can trade down.
25 reps is nothing to scoff at - more than enough in my opinion for a running back. Most of the Buc beat writers seem to think we are enamored with him so I think it's going to be either Claiborne or Richardson as our guy.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:06 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Quote:

Dude we know Richardson can hit 500 pounds on his bench. The guy is a monster, compact with great movement.

I'm not one to take a RB in the top 5, but also this kid will bring a nastiness to our football team that been missing since brooks/sapp/lynch played for us.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Go watch his game tape and find me one flaw in Richardson's game.

The only knock on him is that he doesn't have elite breakaway speed. He is the definition of a complete back and is every bit as good of a prospect of Adrian Peterson, whom we passed on. Let's not repeat that mistake.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Go watch his game tape and find me one flaw in Richardson's game.

The only knock on him is that he doesn't have elite breakaway speed. He is the definition of a complete back and is every bit as good of a prospect of Adrian Peterson, whom we passed on. Let's not repeat that mistake.
Honestly, the break away speed thing doesn't really bother me to be honest. Plenty of top backs don't have top level speed and that doesn't stop them from taking it to the house from long distance. Richardson is a beast and I think he would be an awesome addition to the team.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Richardson can Bench Press over 500 Lbs, and they don't exactly know his max because they won't let him try.

He looked explosive, powerful in drills (knocked the scout flat on his back-side). Plus, Buccaneers RBs coach put him through the vigorous workout, whcih he dominated.

The 40 time was clocked anywhere from a 4.41 to a 4.58. I'm not buying he ran that slow. Turn on the tape. He'll plow through a defender or 2 and then run 40 more yards to the house.

Him and Blount can physcially wear defenses down and in the 4th quarter, own ball games. With Vincent Jackson in the vertical passing offense and a dominate interior Oline and overall as a whole, this offense can physcially beat teams down and attack through the air.

You see how teams had to line up 8 in the box against Minnesota? Well just think of them doing that to us. Only we have a verticle weapon, and a MUCH better QB in Freeman than Minnesota ever had (minus Farve in 2009...and they should have went to the Super Bowl).
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:26 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

I was being sarcastic. I don't think he's in the same class as the AP's or LT's though, to me he will be a good back at the next level, but you can find good backs all over the place after round 1. Guess it's how much you value RB's and how good you think Richardson will be.
I don't think you lose that much with one of the 2nd round RB's and Blount combo. Grab an elite player at a elite position with that 1st round pick.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was being sarcastic. I don't think he's in the same class as the AP's or LT's though, to me he will be a good back at the next level, but you can find good backs all over the place after round 1. Guess it's how much you value RB's and how good you think Richardson will be.
I don't think you lose that much with one of the 2nd round RB's and Blount combo. Grab an elite player at a elite position with that 1st round pick.
Thing is, Richardson is in that Class of game changers and elite players. TOugh to pass on those in the top 5 if you havet he chance. He's in that class of LT and AP. He's also got less mileage on the tires coming out as well. He may not be as explosive as Peterson, but he's pretty close.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Thing is, Richardson is in that Class of game changers and elite players. TOugh to pass on those in the top 5 if you havet he chance. He's in that class of LT and AP. He's also got less mileage on the tires coming out as well. He may not be as explosive as Peterson, but he's pretty close.
Some think he is in that AP LT class and some don't, we will agree to disagree on that point. He might have less tread on the tires (which I think is really overblown in most cases either side you take) but he's already had a small cartlidge tear in his knee. His style of running does not lend to a long NFL carreer. Again not really my point when talking about RB's, none of them usually have long carreers. For me it's the fact that you will be taking him at
5 when you probably can find a guy in the 2nd that will give you the same production, not to mention your taking him over Claiborne which most have rated higher then Trent, take into account Claiborne is rated higher plays a position of higher value and is a need, seems like an easy choice to me.

Last edited by kBuc5 : 03-31-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Some think he is in that AP LT class and some don't, we will agree to disagree on that point. He might have less tread on the tires (which I think is really overblown in most cases either side you take) but he's already had a small cartlidge tear in his knee. His style of running does not lend to a long NFL carreer. Again not really my point when talking about RB's, none of them usually have long carreers. For me it's the fact that you will be taking him at
5 when you probably can find a guy in the 2nd that will give you the same production, not to mention your taking him over Claiborne which most have rated higher then Trent, take into account Claiborne is rated higher plays a position of higher value and is a need, seems like an easy choice to me.
Would you be happy to take him assuming Claiborne and Kalil are gone?

Old 03-31-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Would you be happy to take him assuming Claiborne and Kalil are gone?
If we couldn't trade down yes. I think Trents going to be a good back, but i also think Martin Miller and Wilson will be too. Its a really deep RB class dont you think? Comes back to value and the fact that I think Claiborne is a special player. I wouldn't reach on Kirkpatrick or Reif. Wouldn't take Blackmon, I don't think he would beat out Williams to be honest but that's just me.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If we couldn't trade down yes. I think Trents going to be a good back, but i also think Martin Miller and Wilson will be too. Its a really deep RB class dont you think? Comes back to value and the fact that I think Claiborne is a special player. I wouldn't reach on Kirkpatrick or Reif. Wouldn't take Blackmon, I don't think he would beat out Williams to be honest but that's just me.
Apparently, you didn't watch much Buc football last year. Mike Williams was awful and honestly, DEZ Briscoe, calling it right now, Will start AT #2 WR Opposite Vincent Jackson, provided we don't take or add another starting caliber WR, on opening day. NOT MIKE WILLIAMS> Mark it down.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Richardson is probably the best prospect in this draft. Not taking away anything from Claiborne, he's an elite CB prospect as well, but Richardson can change our Franchise. We have the QB. We have a top flight #1 WR, FINALLY. We got the physcial oline. If Richardson is there, we don't hesitate. If Claiborne is the pick, I'm happy too, but if we're left iwth the option, it's going to be Richardson.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Apparently, you didn't watch much Buc football last year. Mike Williams was awful and honestly, DEZ Briscoe, calling it right now, Will start AT #2 WR Opposite Vincent Jackson, provided we don't take or add another starting caliber WR, on opening day. NOT MIKE WILLIAMS> Mark it down.
Everybody was awful, not sure why you would single out Williams who was a second year WR with no offseason. He had the same amount of receptions he did his rookie year, just didn't have the amount of big plays. You can contribute that to bad coaching, stiffer competition, adjusting to double teams aka being young, bad QB play. I mean seriously the guy was going into his second year on a really bad team and struggled. Not a surprise that most Bucs fans Are ready to throw him away or bury him on the bench. Briscoe is a nice red zone target, he has upside but when it is all said and done I think Williams and Benn go off this season playin along side Jackson.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Everybody was awful, not sure why you would single out Williams who was a second year WR with no offseason. He had the same amount of receptions he did his rookie year, just didn't have the amount of big plays. You can contribute that to bad coaching, stiffer competition, adjusting to double teams aka being young, bad QB play. I mean seriously the guy was going into his second year on a really bad team and struggled. Not a surprise that most Bucs fans Are ready to throw him away or bury him on the bench. Briscoe is a nice red zone target, he has upside but when it is all said and done I think Williams and Benn go off this season playin along side Jackson.
I see Benn and Briscoe going off, but the red flags that made Williams a 4th round pick came into play last off-season.

There were reports when Freeman was running his off-season workouts during the lockout, Mike Williams and Lagarette Blount were no-where to be found.

Mike Williams was the headliner of partying during the season as well. He was over-weight then under-weight and couldn't beat the jam at all off the LOS.

So, to me, having no work ethic is a serious problem.