Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-26-2010, 08:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Official G-Men 2011 NFL Draft Thread

It's never too early to talk about next year's draft.

My early guesses for our needs next year:

-oline
-RB
-MIKE

in that order.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sounds about right to me. Maybe another CB if Ross proves to be hurt again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CB is definitely a possibility. This is a make or break year for Ross.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus he's already 28 or 29. One of the main problems I had with that pick was the age factor.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Plus he's already 28 or 29. One of the main problems I had with that pick was the age factor.
He won't get signed past his rookie contract. That's almost a guarantee now that we have Thomas.

Now that I think of it, we might have to make an overhaul to our CB corp in a couple of years. Webster is about 28 as well.

Thats 2 more years of Ross and Web. We'll need 2 CBs in 2 years. Maybe we go after 1 this year and 1 next year.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
LetsGoGiants!
Rookie

LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.

Yeah we could snag Peterson in the first. That would be incredible!!

You know what would be kind of interesting is picking up Malcolm Smith, LB for USC. I believe he plays the inside, and he is the younger brother of our WR Steve Smith.

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!
LetsGoGiants! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dream pick is Pat Peterson.

Here is my BB:
1. Patrick Peterson
2. Gabe Carimi
3. Malcolm Smith
4. Mark Herzlich
5. Mike Pouncey
5a. Rodney Hudson

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
LetsGoGiants!
Rookie

LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
My dream pick is Pat Peterson.

Here is my BB:
1. Patrick Peterson
2. Gabe Carimi
3. Malcolm Smith
4. Mark Herzlich
5. Mike Pouncey
5a. Rodney Hudson
Yeah, I agree. But it could all change over the next year. Except for wanting Peterson. :D

Old 04-26-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are some guys I am keeping an eye on for 2011 in the first few rounds

DT Marvin Austin, North Carolina

ILB Greg Jones, Michigan State
ILB Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina
ILB Kelvin Sheppard, LSU

C Stefen Wisniewski, Penn State

CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska

TE Weslye Saunders, South Carolina
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post

ILB Kelvin Sheppard, LSU

Marvin Austin is William Joseph 2.0, all the talent but lazy and unproductive.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
LetsGoGiants!
Rookie

Actually Peterson might not even declare this year. On another topic, I read that he is cousins with Sinorice Moss? Anyone know if this is true or not?

Old 04-26-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

ILB Kelvin Sheppard, LSU

Greg Jones =/= NFL ILB, me and Sniper where talking, and he is right. Jones is too small to be a pro ilb, he will be a college ilb and pro will

Old 04-26-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoGiants! View Post
Actually Peterson might not even declare this year. On another topic, I read that he is cousins with Sinorice Moss? Anyone know if this is true or not?
Yeah Sinorice and Santana are his cousins and so is Bryan McFadden

Old 04-26-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
LetsGoGiants!
Rookie

Greg Jones is a beast though. I saw a couple Spartan games and he was all over the place.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Oh hell yeah, the guy is an animal but he might not be best suited as a NFL ILB(at least in a 43 D), he would be better at WILL, he is sorta like Spoon was this year, he can be a play maker at multiple LB positions.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a stud OL in this draft and another guy at DT, if a sweet LB is there as well that'll be awesome, but I want an OL number one and then LB or DT would be my second position of preference.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 05-02-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I want a stud OL in this draft and another guy at DT, if a sweet LB is there as well that'll be awesome, but I want an OL number one and then LB or DT would be my second position of preference.
i agree, i wanted Anthony Davis like tiger wanted to get laid. A runningback would be nice though, unless the stable shows something special. DT is not an early round need right now.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:04 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
i agree, i wanted Anthony Davis like tiger wanted to get laid. A runningback would be nice though, unless the stable shows something special. DT is not an early round need right now.
I like JPP a lot more than I did Davis, both have monster upside but with JPP I know he's going to bust his ass to make good on his potential even though he's rawer while with Davis he will be a better a rookie but there are some more troubling concerns.

I'd argue DT is still a high need, until Alford comes back 100% and breaks out our rotation can still be upgraded. I like the Joseph/Canty combo, but a quick UT who won't get washed out in the running game would be a really nice tough, I really wish we had pulled off the rumored Osi for 33 trade and grabbed Brian Price and then trade Cofield for a third to nab Bruce Campbell.

1. JPP
2a. Price
2b. Joseph
3a. Chad Jones
3b. Bruce Campbell
4. Dillard
5. Petrus
6. Tracy
7. Dodge

Would've left me ecstatic. Role with Kiwi and Tuck this year slipping JPP and Sintim as rotational edge guys. Fix our DT rotation and leave it loaded for the future. Then take the insurance policy for Kenny in Jones and add the massive potential Ash brings to the table at OT to eventually pair with Beatty. Day 3 could still go just like it did and we'd be loaded with C and CB as the only major needs/future needs.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-03-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is my early 2011 mock draft (29/04/2010) based on what I generally think the Giants will be looking for and my very early projections of where players will go

1. RB Mark Ingram, Alabama (5-10, 215, 4.48)

2. MLB Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina (6-2, 232, 4.56)

3. C Stefen Wisniewski, Penn State (6-3, 298, 5.16)

4. CB Charles Brown, North Carolina (5-10, 190, 4.48)

5. FB D.J. Williams, Arkansas (6-2, 250, 4.68)

6. T Rob McGill, Louisiana Tech (6-6, 310, 5.04)

7. TE Mike Ragone, Notre Dame (6-5, 252, 4.73

I think the Giants have considered the ILB draft class which has good talent and depth. These are the some of the better prospects next year:

Greg Jones ILB Michigan State (6-1, 224, 4.59)
Quan Sturdivant ILB North Carolina (6-2, 232, 4.56)
Kelvin Sheppard ILB LSU (6-3, 239, 4.64)
Mike Mohamed ILB California (6-3, 237, 4.75)

Don'ta Hightower ILB Alabama (6-4, 250, 4.74)*
Chris Galippo ILB Southern California (6-2, 250, 4.74)*
Korey Williams ILB Southern Mississippi (6-2, 234, 4.65)*

plus OLBs who could possibly move to middle

Mark Herzlich OLB Boston College (6-4, 238, 4.68)
Travis Lewis OLB Oklahoma (6-2, 232, 4.53)*
Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA (6-4, 252, 4.68)*

*denotes underclassmen

All of these guys fit the mold of the kind of ILB we want for Fewell's system. Whilst I am not certain we will go with a MLB in the first round, I do believe there is a good chance we get a MLB in the first couple of rounds next year.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Greg Jones =/= NFL ILB, me and Sniper where talking, and he is right. Jones is too small to be a pro ilb, he will be a college ilb and pro will
I disagree

He is very much a similar size to guys like Jon Vilma, Jon Beason and DeMeco Ryans at similar stages of their college careers.

With the NFL strength and conditioning preparations, I wouldn't be surprised if Greg Jones got up to around 235lbs which is where Vilma, Beason and Ryans are playing.

He certainly wouldn't be a fit for all schemes, but he could play MLB in a system like Fewell seems to prefer. The key will be having the big anchor upfront to keep blockers off the MLB
Old 05-03-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I disagree

He is very much a similar size to guys like Jon Vilma, Jon Beason and DeMeco Ryans at similar stages of their college careers.

With the NFL strength and conditioning preparations, I wouldn't be surprised if Greg Jones got up to around 235lbs which is where Vilma, Beason and Ryans are playing.

He certainly wouldn't be a fit for all schemes, but he could play MLB in a system like Fewell seems to prefer. The key will be having the big anchor upfront to keep blockers off the MLB
He's about 10/15 pounds from consideration. It all depends on how he handles blockers for me, if he shows well then good ILB is an option, if not he's an OLB.

Anyone thoughts on getting Graig Cooper in mid/later rounds, i would get a massive boner.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-04-2010, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I'd love to see Wisniewski, O'Dowd or which ever OT falls become giants next april. We need a project at CB we can take our time with while web and Ross fade away and that means we don't have to spend a first on the position letting us continue to re-stock our one remaining important weakness, the OL outside of Diehl, Snee and Beatty.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-04-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
me too, i loved him before i found out he was 24

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-02-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
LetsGoGiants!
Rookie

Hey guys, A lot of mocks have us going for Ryan Williams or Mark Ingram. What do you guys think? Do we need a RB with our first?

Old 09-03-2010, 06:44 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I think we probably should go offensive line. Center in particular.

We could probably use a linebacker too, and a TE.