Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-02-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kuechly sir.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is obviously Kuechly, since Burfict is about as flawless of a prospect as I think you will find.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha ight had to make sure. I agree though, my two main issues with Kuechly are his weight/bulk/size and physical play, but if he fixes one and adds about 10-15lbs the other will fix itself and he will be a top 15 talent on everyones board.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where does Dont'a Hightowe rank?
Old 05-02-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Well below those two. I've heard some early buzz from scouts that Hightower is fairly overrated.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-02-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little off topic, but I would love to see either of these two step in as the Giants MIKE. Burfict would do great with our blitz packages and his athleticism and abilit to read plays and just shut down offenses. Plug him in with Tuck, Osi, JPP, Joseph and Austin. Kuechly would finally be that guy we need at MIKE with his ability to fly all over the field and manage to end up involved in every tackle.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
2nd or 3rd best LB on his own team behind Courtney Upshaw and Nico Johnson. Manti Te'o is the number 3 LB in this class IMO, with Tank Carder following him and Zach Brown rounding out the top 5. Not to mention he still has Travis Lewis, Upshaw, Lavonte David, Sean Spence and Emmanuel Acho above him as well. I feel he has been vastly overrated.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Skov is another guy I absolutely love right now. One of the real leaders on that Stanford defense and a nasty hitter in his own right. Really like how he plays downhill and fights through the blocks.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-02-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Burfict has scary good ability. The only team that really handled Stanfords running game well was ASU and he was just dominant that day. He needs to work on controlling his emotions sometime though. He had a very costly personal foul (I think for mouthing off to the ref) that had a direct effect on his team losing the game. He going to make some team very happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Skov is another guy I absolutely love right now. One of the real leaders on that Stanford defense and a nasty hitter in his own right. Really like how he plays downhill and fights through the blocks.
Shot can't believe I forgot him. I love Skov too. I always feel like I'm forgetting a player in this LB class because it's just that stacked. Skov is #4 in this class fighting with Te'o for 3.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
3-4 ted/thumper only, doesn't have the fluidity or instincts to play 4-3 mlb or 3-4 mike/feature imho.
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm amazed at the physical progression Te'o has made since coming to Notre Dame. He came in with a mans body already and gained almost 40 pounds on top of it. In spite of that, he's probably the linebacker I'm least sure of my feelings about right now. I really need to see some more of him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-02-2011, 11:55 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
A perfect landing place for him would be Detroit imo, behind Ndamukong Suh & Nick Fairley he could put up some stupidly insane numbers
It'll happen one way or another.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully he stays for his senior season, or the Saints trade back into the first :)

Do want.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:08 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Burfict wont be a first round pick, and if he is, it'll be based all on potential. I have no idea what is going on in this thread. The kid from BC is far superior. #40, someone mentioned him but I'm too lazy to look it up and it's hard to pronounce, but he has much better instincts, a much better motor and plays sideline-to-sideline. Also much smarter with better instincts and technique. Lacks the size, strength and physicality of Burfict though and struggles at times disengaging from blockers. Not as much upside or potential.

Quote:
and as for his tackle stats while it's a irrelevant stat he was getting robbed, myself and boe both believe that he had around 20 tackles in the Arizona game and he credited with only 7
I took notes on this game. Foles was getting a ton of hype and Burfict flashed as a freshman. I credited him with 9 tackles in the game, but not anywhere close 20.

Quote:
Negatives:

- Looks lazy on the field and plays slow
- Really bad motor, quits on plays away from him
- Missed numerous tackles (5) and plays put of control
- Very wild, drops his head and doesn't keep his eyes up
- Doesn't wrap up and a lot of times wont take ball carrier to the ground
- Plays upright
- Looks mediocre in space
- Straight line player, all downhill
- Would come out of zone coverage and rush towards the QB when QB scrambled, creating voids: undisciplined
- Blew coverage on game tying TD (see previous negative)
- Did not show much instincts in coverage
- Showed no feeling (or awareness) of receivers behind him
- Tap dancer who didn't trust his eyes
- Didn't disengage from blockers, lacks technique
- Most of the tackles he made were when he was free and unblocked
- Chippy play after the whistle
- Incredibly raw
- Looks like he's playing his own game and not within the defense
- Was in the backfield three times all game
- Virtually no impact (blew up 1 WR screen where he was held and 2 run stuffs: 3rd and short)
- Didn't make 1st tackle until the very end (44 seconds) of the 1st QT
- All but 3 tackles made (9 tackles total) were 4 to 8 yards down field
- Was taken off the field on quite a few passing downs
He's probably one of the worst tacklers I've seen in the past two years. Not that bad, but he's so out of control, he's pretty frustrating to watch. If you wanna see a MLB jog around the field all day long, watch ASU and then watch #7. That'll be him jogging.

A lot of those negatives can go hand in hand with each other, but I try to be as descriptive as possible. And it's from just the one game.

He's made some highlight reel plays that have gotten him a lot of recognition. He's a 5 star recruit with ridiculous size, and I'd venture to guess some pretty good straight line speed. He does act like a complete bonehead and would rather get into shoving matches with linemen after the play is dead instead of actually disengaging and making a tackle. He has a reputation for letting his emotions get the best of him. Probably just immature.

He looks like Rey Maualuga all over again. A two down player that has no technique, is big, makes some huge hits, but misses a lot of tackles because he's always looking for the knockout blow. He's just undisciplined and does his own thing out there.

I made this post because of the insane overhype he's receiving in this thread. I like the kid and he's got a lot of potential, but he's really raw and didn't make much improvements from his freshman year. If he was in this draft I would have given him a third round grade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Well below those two. I've heard some early buzz from scouts that Hightower is fairly overrated.
Yeah, I would say the same. I don't know what happened to him. I really liked him and thought he was just as good as McClain a couple years ago. After the injury he appeared about 40 pounds fatter, much slower and was looking like a DE. There were games last year where he simply looked terrible. I mean terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 05-03-2011 at 05:11 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:13 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

College tackle stats may never be the 'end all-be all' for grading college Mikes, but IMO Kuechly is more instinctive, more productive and it shows up in his numbers.

Burfict is a 'wow' type prospect, meaning at least a couple times a game he's going to make you catch your breath in your throat. Hyper-physical player.

Keuchly IMO locates the ball better and seems like the more instinctive ILB.

Keuchly's numbers reflect his evaluation, and had more than twice the solo tackles that Burfict had in 2010.

Yeah tackle numbers can be subjective, but that discrepancy IMO between the two players isn't.

IMO those two are in direct competition in 2011, although I'm not sure Kuechly leaves BC after his junior season.

I'd almost bet that it's 90% certain Burfict is gone after his junior year.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he is a better prospect than Willis imo. Prob have to go all the back to 2000 with LaVar Arrington to find a better prospect, and idk if he will even be considered better at the end of the day. Remember these last 2 season have been his true Fr. & So. years very rarely do any players make this type of impact let alone middle linebackers.

and as for his tackle stats while it's a irrelevant stat he was getting robbed, myself and boe both believe that he had around 20 tackles in the Arizona game and he credited with only 7

A perfect landing place for him would be Cleveland imo, behind Phil Taylor & Ahtyba Rubin he could put up some stupidly insane numbers
Not quite, the perfectly landing spot for him would be the Giants after a Falcons for Julio Jones type trade with Cleveland.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would absolutely love to have either Burfict or Teo play alongside Lawrence Timmons in the middle for the Steelers. They'd be perfect complements. Burfict or Teo would be the thumpers, enabling Timmons to become the playmaker.

Burfict would be my #1 guy though, he plays with the nastiness and tenacity required to take on (and take out) blockers. There's a clip of him completely destroying an offensive lineman. Every single time I watch it I just shake my head in amazement for Burfict and embarrassment for the center.

As for Burficts "character concerns," I'd agree with Fenikz, they're overrated. It's simply a guy playing with a ridiculous amount of energy and intensity. I'd rather he get a bit carried away at times than have him lack these qualities. I don't think it's something that will affect him a lot, and I think that a good coach, and good teammates, will help him control. He simply gets too carried away at times.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:44 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
College tackle stats may never be the 'end all-be all' for grading college Mikes, but IMO Kuechly is more instinctive, more productive and it shows up in his numbers.

Burfict is a 'wow' type prospect, meaning at least a couple times a game he's going to make you catch your breath in your throat. Hyper-physical player.

Keuchly IMO locates the ball better and seems like the more instinctive ILB.

Keuchly's numbers reflect his evaluation, and had more than twice the solo tackles that Burfict had in 2010.

Yeah tackle numbers can be subjective, but that discrepancy IMO between the two players isn't.

IMO those two are in direct competition in 2011, although I'm not sure Kuechly leaves BC after his junior season.

I'd almost bet that it's 90% certain Burfict is gone after his junior year.

Guarantee you if someone actually took the time to count each tackle Burfict had would be ahead of Kurecky as i said before against Zona he was only credited for 7 and he had about 20, I'd estimate he is in on at least 12 tackles a game

not all the plays but there is def more than 7 tackles on there

Last edited by fenikz : 05-03-2011 at 02:46 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:48 AM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
I would absolutely love to have either Burfict or Teo play alongside Lawrence Timmons in the middle for the Steelers. They'd be perfect complements. Burfict or Teo would be the thumpers, enabling Timmons to become the playmaker.

Burfict would be my #1 guy though, he plays with the nastiness and tenacity required to take on (and take out) blockers. There's a clip of him completely destroying an offensive lineman. Every single time I watch it I just shake my head in amazement for Burfict and embarrassment for the center.

As for Burficts "character concerns," I'd agree with Fenikz, they're overrated. It's simply a guy playing with a ridiculous amount of energy and intensity. I'd rather he get a bit carried away at times than have him lack these qualities. I don't think it's something that will affect him a lot, and I think that a good coach, and good teammates, will help him control. He simply gets too carried away at times.
Its not character concerns that scare me, though people may get this mixed up with character concerns because of the pure association, but he lacks any discipline in his game. He is crazy and goes crazy durring games, but when he hits that crazy point, he forgets anything he learned in the film room and goes off pure athleticism and instinct, which, if i'm a DC REALLY scares me.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:07 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 Luke Kuechly
2 Vontaze Burflict
3 Manti Teo

Burflict could give you an allstar for many years but with luke kuechly you could get that as well along with someone who is smart enough to play all linebacking spots in a 4-3 and a guy whose floor is the was James Laurinaitis plays with the rams, aka unreal high floor.

Te'o is a bit of a mix of the two. hard hitter, good diagnostic skills, great leader, etc etc etc. I really cant think of anything bad to say about Manti and imo he would be the top ILB in many of the drafts but both Burflict and especially kuechly are just unreal prospects. I doubt all three will go pro though, I think burflict will but I actually could see both Kuechly and Teo returning.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:28 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...s/TSX/2013_ILB

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:10 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That scariest part about Burfict is that he isn't muscular, he is even a little on the pudgy side. ASU doesn't really have a great weight lifting program so he is no where near his physical peak yet. Could be running a 4.5 at 255 come the combine if he entirely commits himself to it.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:17 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Burfict has to go to the right place to have great success. I don't see him being the type to go to a very structured defense and having to play within the system. If he goes to an attacking defense and just has to find the ball the he could be a monster but for example if he goes to a cover 2 I think he would be way out of his depth.

I like Kuechly quite a lot too but Im all over Manti Teo's nuts this year. I think he will be really special

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:45 AM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I think Burfict has to go to the right place to have great success. I don't see him being the type to go to a very structured defense and having to play within the system. If he goes to an attacking defense and just has to find the ball the he could be a monster but for example if he goes to a cover 2 I think he would be way out of his depth.

I like Kuechly quite a lot too but Im all over Manti Teo's nuts this year. I think he will be really special
I think its safe to say that Burfict might be the best pure 3-4 ted/thumper prospect ever....yea I said it. Might not have the discipline to be a 4-3 mlb, unless in a giants/n.o. type scheme, but he could be an epic ted backer. Can't get over the Ray traits thou. When that intensity starts to spread thru the team, coaching staff and spills over into the crowd you got something special.

My very early #1 overall prospect...the best pure ted backer prospect ever...check this out.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=KvcsffTQojI

The hop step after the interception at the 2 minute spot is impressive and shows fluidity, jumping the snap soo often shows great anticipation/instincts.....yea he's nasty and reckless, and I love it.

Last edited by roscoesdad27 : 05-03-2011 at 07:05 AM.
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote