Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-25-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pro Football Talk:

Quote:
The Vikings might have a market for the third overall pick, after all.

Charley Casserly of CBS Sports and NFL Network is reporting that the left tackle-needy Buffalo Bills “would like to trade up” to draft USC’s Matt Kalil, and are willing to surrender a second-round pick to close the deal.

While it’s sensible that the Bills would target a left tackle, the approach in Casserly’s report hints that Buffalo believes itself to be one player away from serious playoff, even Super Bowl contention. Most observers would probably disagree with that notion. But if G.M. Buddy Nix has identified Kalil as a truly elite, franchise-caliber left tackle capable of making quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick better, there shouldn’t be anyone trying to stop him.

While the old draft trade chart is admittedly outdated, it’s at least worth a look here. Per the old chart, Buffalo’s Nos. 10 and 41 overall picks equate to 1,790 “points.” The third overall pick is worth 2,200 points, and No. 4′s value is 1,800 points. So the Bills could get just shy of the fourth pick based on the old points system.
I wouldn't like a trade down that far for only a second, but Buffalo's 1, 2, and next year's one would be worth 2280 according to the chart. If they offered that, I'd be tempted.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
Pro Football Talk:

I wouldn't like a trade down that far for only a second, but Buffalo's 1, 2, and next year's one would be worth 2280 according to the chart. If they offered that, I'd be tempted.
If they gave up their 1st, 2nd and next years 1.. I would take that and gladly drop down to 10 and then take Floyd, Gilmore, Kuechly, or Barron. We have so many holes as a team right now we need to trade down and get as many picks as possible. I really hope we can trade down with at least the Bucs and at least pick up an extra third.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone see the simulation on NFL Live today? It was pretty cool.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Did anyone see the simulation on NFL Live today? It was pretty cool.
I saw it. I liked the outcome. I like the idea of trading down with the bucs. With that, we're still almost guaranteed that we get either Claiborne or Kalil. Plus we pick up a few extra picks.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Countdown is on! I hope to god we can move down to 5.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That'd be cool, but man we just need to take Kalil and not **** this up. All these rumors are making me nervous.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
That'd be cool, but man we just need to take Kalil and not **** this up. All these rumors are making me nervous.
They've been making me nervous for a while. More so because I think Spielman looks like an idiot. If we take Kalil I'm happy. If we take Claiborne I'll be ok with it as well. If we take Blackmon I'll be upset.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
They've been making me nervous for a while. More so because I think Spielman looks like an idiot. If we take Kalil I'm happy. If we take Claiborne I'll be ok with it as well. If we take Blackmon I'll be upset.
I agree. This draft is pretty deep with quality WRs. Lets save it our later picks and just take Kalil/Claiborne with our first pick.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I agree. This draft is pretty deep with quality WRs. Lets save it our later picks and just take Kalil/Claiborne with our first pick.
I'm a big Marvin Jones fan in the middle. So hopefully we dont **** it up. Cmon Spielman...
Old 04-26-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Casserly on NFL Network said both Cleveland and Tampa Bay have talked with Minnesota about moving up for Trent Richardson. Not sure what they'd gain, but that would be best case scenario IMO. Move down, grab a pick or two and still get either Kalil or Claiborne. We'll see if that happens.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Casserly on NFL Network said both Cleveland and Tampa Bay have talked with Minnesota about moving up for Trent Richardson. Not sure what they'd gain, but that would be best case scenario IMO. Move down, grab a pick or two and still get either Kalil or Claiborne. We'll see if that happens.
This is best case for Minnesota by far. Even if we just get a 3rd.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope to god I'm wrong, but I just have a feeling that we won't take Kalil.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I hope to god I'm wrong, but I just have a feeling that we won't take Kalil.
Report: Claiborne is No. 1 player on Vikings draft board

Posted by Evan Silva on April 26, 2012, 4:09 PM EDT

Citing a source with knowledge of the situation, NFL Network’s Steve Wyche reports that LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne is the No. 1 player on the Vikings’ draft board, and they are “leaning toward” drafting Claiborne with the No. 3 overall pick.

Per Wyche, the Vikings also “like [Claiborne] more” than USC tackle Matt Kalil.

Appearing on ESPN’s NFL Draft Special Thursday, Adam Schefter seemed to agree with the notion that Claiborne is the favorite to be drafted with the third overall pick.

“There seems to be a feeling that they might be leaning toward Morris Claiborne while still considering Matt Kalil,” Schefter said.

The Vikings’ priority remains trading down, but if they stick to their draft board, Claiborne will be the third pick in the draft and a mini-slide could be in order for this year’s top-rated offensive tackle.

with the fragile chad pennington, sorry, christian ponder, at qb, i'm not very happy with this, but when have the vikes ever done anything to protect their qb?
Old 04-26-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to complain either way we go. I will be ecstatic with either Kalil or Claiborne. Both will be great improvements. Here's to a franchise-changing draft.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Love that trade. Got some extra picks for nothing. Great move Spielman.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Report is the Browns gave up 4, 5, and 7 to move up a spot.

Basically got free picks, but I was hoping for more. Figure we could have gotten at least a 3 got of Tampa, maybe even a 2. Maybe Tampa wasn't looking to trade up?
Old 04-26-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Kalil!

I would have been OK with Claiborne, but Kalil was my number 1 choice.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So ******* happy with this draft so far. Getting Kalil plus several picks is about as good as it can get.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely loving Speilman right now. Beautiful start.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHVF View Post
Absolutely loving Speilman right now. Beautiful start.
Everyone had been criticizing him the past couple days, but he's coming out like a genius. Everything he did worked out perfectly.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-26-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rick Spielman has made another move, Harrison Smtih is the pick. I like the pick, maybe higher than expected but the need is unquestioned.

Last edited by Taber21 : 04-26-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Taber21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber21 View Post
Rick Spielman has made this draft his *****.
He's done a great job so far. I'm not a huge fan of Smith this high, but I do like him quite a bit, and it's not like we gave up a whole lot to get him, combining that deal with the Cleveland one all we did was move down in the 4th and pick up a 5th and 7th. All this while filling our biggest needs, OT and DB.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

i'm definitely happy tonight
Old 04-26-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy... Can't help but feel like we gave away a valuable pick to take Smith half a dozen slots higher than we could have anyway but can't fault that as we need a safety in the worst possible way and Smith is solid.

We nailed the Kalil move, we have so many holes that all those extra picks should produce starters if used well.

First time we've got out of round 1 in a while that has felt good to me which is a nice feeling, now I know how Steelers fans feel every single year...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm definitely going to bed happy tonight haha. That trade with Cleveland was great by Spielman. We got our franchise LT for the next 15 years. Then we got a Safety that we have needed for years too. Can't wait to see what we do now in the 3rd round. Hopefully a WR falls to us like a Quick. When we traded up i thought we were going with Stephen Hill. We have 10 picks in the next two days, we could easily pull the trigger and move up again.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote