Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-27-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
SterlingArcher
Rookie

SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.

We took Josh Robinson. I was kinda hoping for Sanu but Robinson isn't anything to sneeze at. I just wanna see us get some weapons for Ponder. McNutt or Sanu if they last to our 4th round pick!
SterlingArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the infusion of young talent into the secondary. Robinson has some pretty sick workout numbers..4.3 40, 17 reps and 38.5 vert. If we can snag a receiver in the fourth I'll be pretty damn happy.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The way he plays kind of reminds me of antoine winfield- a small guy that can lay some huge hits and pretty reliable in coverage. I think Robinson has better ball skills and is definitely faster, Im pretty sure he ran the fastest 40 at the combine. The lack of competition scares me, but he did a decent job against AJ Green. I wanted Sanu, but I'm coming around to this guy, hes got the potential to be really good.

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
VikesWookie
Rookie

VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like the fact we didn't get enamored with anyone day 2... no need to trade up, we got a solid prospect standing where we were :)
VikesWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

I loved last years draft knowing we gambled with ponder but got ex,ellant value in Rudolph and ballard This year has shown me alot of savy as amazed as I am to say this speilman is going for exec of the year.
4th rd Boykin is a steal here
Chapman?
McNutt?
Givens?
I can actually say with honest and with out skeptism we will make the right choices
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:45 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the selection of Robinson. Apparently he played a lot of zone(quarters) at UCF, so Vikings like his fit in the cover 2, but he has the skills to play man should we move away from the cover 2 over time.

I read a report that said the Vikings would likely have taken Randle if he made it to 66, but the Giants snatched him up at 63.

I unfortunately have to work tomorrow morning, until 5 ET, so if anyone would be able to text me the Vikings picks, that would be greatly appreciated. Check the white for the number: 507-458-3826. I would prefer if I didn't get several texts for the same picks, but not a huge deal if I do... Thanks in advance if anyone could do it, and of course rep.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I like the selection of Robinson. Apparently he played a lot of zone(quarters) at UCF, so Vikings like his fit in the cover 2, but he has the skills to play man should we move away from the cover 2 over time.

I read a report that said the Vikings would likely have taken Randle if he made it to 66, but the Giants snatched him up at 63.

I unfortunately have to work tomorrow morning, until 5 ET, so if anyone would be able to text me the Vikings picks, that would be greatly appreciated. Check the white for the number: 507-458-3826. I would prefer if I didn't get several texts for the same picks, but not a huge deal if I do... Thanks in advance if anyone could do it, and of course rep.
I'll text ya man...no prob.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some good value still on the board as our pick nears. Cmon Spielman!
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jarius Wright.

Was hoping for a bigger receiver, but he sounds like a poor man's Percy Harvin.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd think they be addressing the WR spot again sooner than later. Wright is small, but could certainly help out.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We also have a bunch of picks coming up. 128, 134, 138, and 139.

Still some good corners there, and a couple DTs. There a couple O-linemen, but pass covering MLBs look to be tapped out. Maybe a RB for insurance/third down play?
Old 04-28-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Rhett Ellison, FB.

I suppose they need a blocker with Kleinsasser retiring, but...
Old 04-28-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
Rhett Ellison, FB.

I suppose they need a blocker with Kleinsasser retiring, but...
In the Vikings Mock Draft I had him going to us in the 7th Round actually haha. Im fine with the pick just a little too early for my taste but its a need and fills depth.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda reminds me of a Kleinsasser kinda player, versatile, can block and will catch what is thrown his way.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

The more I think of it, the more I'm OK with the pick. This pick was basically a freebie, and, while it is earlier than I'd like, if he can turn out like Kleinsasser, he's worth it.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Greg Childs, WR.

Big guy, but slow. I guess Spielman sees something he likes.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picked up Detroit's 4th next year, nice job
Old 04-28-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Sounds like Blanton could be a CB or S. Also, fine with getting Detroit's 4 next year.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

He also sounds like a bigger, less talented Antoine Winfield. I was hoping for a DT in this mass of picks, but I can't complain (too much) about any of them.

Through 5 rounds (barring another trade):

Stud LT
1 new starter in the defensive backfield, another maybe starter, and a third versatile contributor
Blocking FB/TE to replace Kleinsasser
1 big WR, 1 little WR
Detroit's 4th pick next year.

Not a bad draft at all.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

At this point, this was much better than I thought Spielman could do. Still plenty of late flyers to go, but I'm happy.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like the Greg Childs pick for some reason. Sounds like a knee injury really affected him last year, if he can recover from that I think he'll be a solid contributor.

Last edited by FuzzyGopher : 04-28-2012 at 01:38 PM.
FuzzyGopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

J Wright and Greg Childs together again. friends since elementary

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Kicker in the 6th. Longwell's getting up in age, but is still a quality player, just signed a 4 year contract last year. Are we really going to carry 2 kickers through the year, and drop Longwell next year? I feel an interior lineman (O or D) would have been a better pick. Maybe even take a chance on Dennard.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I like that Audi Cole pick. Great value to get him in the 7th at a huge position of need.

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

traded one of this year's 7th rounders for titans 6th rounder next year.

kinda like stock pile theses picks, more ammo to move around next year