Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 03-14-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That article about them considering Claiborne, IMO, is just a smoke screen to try and entice Tampa to move up for him, which is unlikely. If they pick @5 and Tampa took Claiborne at 3, Kalil would certainly make it to them still, as Cleveland clearly doesn't need a LT.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
VikesWookie
Rookie

VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would think if some team wanted to move up to 3 it would be for either Richardson or Blackmon...
VikesWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spielman thinking about passing on Kalil? Smokescreen or legitimate possibility?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-matt-kalil/

Last edited by Taber21 : 03-20-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Taber21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taber21 View Post
Spielman thinking about passing on Kalil? Smokescreen or legitimate possibility?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-matt-kalil/
I think it's a legit possibility. I've read in several places that Spielman prefers a playmaker(Claiborne/Blackmon) at 3, but I'm guessing that he'll take the higher rated guy at a slightly bigger position of need who looks like he can fill that position at a very high level for the next decade+. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I'd also be fine with Claiborne as I think he'll be a stud also. I would much rather have Kalil though.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats the 2nd time they have let it slip out that they like Claiborne maybe more than Kalil. It seems fishy especially since this time Spielman went out of his way to get the word out to Sansevere.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definite smokescreen. He wants to trade down no doubt. Probably trying to get the Bucs or someone to bite. It would be awesome if the Bucs did because the Browns wouldn't take Kalil.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
Thats the 2nd time they have let it slip out that they like Claiborne maybe more than Kalil. It seems fishy especially since this time Spielman went out of his way to get the word out to Sansevere.
I agree with this, especially when Spielman is known to not let out anything at all. I remember everyone always complaining to Pelissero about Spielman giving ****** interviews whenever he has him on as a guest on 1500ESPN or when he'll do a press conference/conference call and Pelissero will put up the transcript, because Spielman will just say the same stuff without actually giving out anything worthwhile. It just seems odd that he would come right out and tell everyone something as important as this ever, let alone a month before the draft.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Claiborne looks like he'll be a heck of a player, but I don't think the Vikes are serious about passing on Kalil. A big man with top notch athleticism is hard to come by, and his strength can be fixed in a professional strength and conditioning program. I think the Vikings take Kalil at 3 and are very happy about it for a decade.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:47 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott has us taking Zach Brown in the 2nd round. What do you all think of this pick? I like Brown a lot as a prospect. I just thought that OL, DB, WR would take priority over LB.
General Zod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Scott has us taking Zach Brown in the 2nd round. What do you all think of this pick? I like Brown a lot as a prospect. I just thought that OL, DB, WR would take priority over LB.
I would hate it. I'm not a fan of Brown, he's got all the talent in the world, but before this year had done nothing and even this year he didn't do that great. On top of that I don't think he can play Mike and would rather not move Greenway or Erin around to fit him in. Add on top of it that, like you said, we've got much bigger needs, although we also had much bigger needs than TE when we took Rudolph in the second last year, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Also, Pelissero said he thinks Kalil will be the guy unless they trade out, let's just say I hope so, although I do love me some Morris Claiborne as well, and wouldn't hate it if we took him:

Quote:
Never say never but I strongly believe Kalil is the guy unless they trade out.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 03-26-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt mind Brown. I think he will be a playmaker in the NFL and It wouldnt surprise me if we were to take him. It seems like in rounds 1-3 Spielman will take BPA rather than need which I agree with.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I wouldnt mind Brown. I think he will be a playmaker in the NFL and It wouldnt surprise me if we were to take him. It seems like in rounds 1-3 Spielman will take BPA rather than need which I agree with.
My only problem with that is it looks like there will be good value at both CB and WR in rounds 2 and 3, which are also huge needs for us. Now if there's huge runs at both of those positions, then yea, I'd be good with else getting a value elsewhere rather than reaching to fill a need.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 03-26-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Vikings get a pair of 4th round comp picks

Quote:
#Vikings have confirmed the compensatory picks as 33rd and 39th in fourth round. Believed to be for losses of Sidney Rice, Ray Edwards.
EDIT: The Vikings have done well in the 4th round recently:
2006: Ray Edwards
2007: Brian Robison
2008: no 4th, traded to Philadelphia
2009: no 4th, traded to Houston for Sage Rosenfels
2010: Everson Griffin
2011: Christian Ballard

Interesting that they've all been defensive linemen...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:

Last edited by marshallb : 03-26-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather take Stephon Hill or Gilmore if the draft plays out like that, over Zach Brown.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scotts got us taking Stephen Hill with our 2nd pick. Id like this a lot as long as Kendell Wright and Randle was off the boards.
General Zod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kalil and Hill would be perfect. I actually like Hill more than Randle at this point. Lot of time left though...
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FYI I have our 1st three rounds as follows. Let me know what you think...

1.03 Matt Kalil - USC - LT
No brainer here. I truly believe everything else is a smokescreen and can't imagine anyone will want to move up.

2.03 Alshon Jeffery - SC - WR
I think Wright, Randle and Hill will be gone. Something about SC WR's and this team. I'd approve of Jeffery if Wright and Hill aren't on the board.

3.03 Jayron Hosley - VT - CB
I like him. I think he'll be there and it fills a position of need. Simple as that.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
VikesWookie
Rookie

VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VikesWookie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'd rather have the draft fall with us taking a 2nd rd CB & 3rd rd WR or S...
VikesWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
SterlingArcher
Rookie

SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.SterlingArcher is so money.

Me too. I like Brian Quick if for nothing more than the last name.
SterlingArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2012 Vikings Mock Draft:

1st Round: Matt Kalil, Tackle, University of Southern California

2nd Round: Alshon Jeffery, Wide Receiver, University of South Carolina

3rd Round: Chase Minnifield, Cornerback, Virginia University

4th Round A: Markelle Martin, Safety, Oklahoma State

4th Round B: Travis Lewis, Linebacker, Oklahoma

4th Round C: Jaye Howard, Defensive Tackle, Florida

5th Round: Joe Adams, Wide Receiver, Arkansas

6th Round: Desmond Wynn, Offensive Guard, Rutgers

7th Round A: Rhett Ellison, Tight End, University of Southern California

7th Round B: Chris Greenwood, Cornerback, Albion University

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

I love that draft for the Vikings. Seems like need/value match up very well with all of our picks.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that's almost too good to be true. Minnifield would be awesome in our system. Lewis is great value in the 4th, as is Martin, who I think is one of the better safeties in the draft. Getting Adams and Howard so late is awesome as well, I think they could both be long gone.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

I have to agree, that draft is a little too good to be true. It'd be nice if it happened, but I have a hard time to believe some of those players will be there.

A report on some of the players the Vikings had at their private workout this past week:

Quote:
Prospects known or reported to have attended the Vikings' "Top 30" pre-draft event this week included: left tackle Matt Kalil (Southern Cal); receivers Justin Blackmon (Oklahoma State), Stephen Hill (Georgia Tech) and Alshon Jeffery (South Carolina); and cornerbacks Morris Claiborne (LSU), Lionel Smith (Texas A&M) and Ron Brooks (LSU).
Link

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-08-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently we're liking Harrison Smith if he makes it to 35.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Apparently we're liking Harrison Smith if he makes it to 35.
Where did you see that? I wouldn't hate that, but I'd prefer several other guys over him. I would like to see us finally addressing the safety position, though.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote: