Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-08-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Where did you see that? I wouldn't hate that, but I'd prefer several other guys over him. I would like to see us finally addressing the safety position, though.
My thoughts exactly... depends on how the board falls, but if we did take him there I would be ok with the pick.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where did you see that? I wouldn't hate that, but I'd prefer several other guys over him. I would like to see us finally addressing the safety position, though.
Read it on rotoworld earlier.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind him being the 35th pick. I almost put him as our 2nd round pick but I'm really hoping for Alshon Jeffery more. Minnifield I think is almost a certain for us for some reason. He fits us so well and Ive heard him connected with the Vikings for a while now. Reminds me of 2010 when the vikings were tagged with Chris Cook all the time.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I wouldn't mind him being the 35th pick. I almost put him as our 2nd round pick but I'm really hoping for Alshon Jeffery more. Minnifield I think is almost a certain for us for some reason. He fits us so well and Ive heard him connected with the Vikings for a while now. Reminds me of 2010 when the vikings were tagged with Chris Cook all the time.
Personally I think Casey Hayward is just as good, if not a better, fit for us, and I like him quite a bit more than Minnifield. Hayward gets my vote as one of the most underrated players in this draft. The one problem is that he isn't great in man, which is what gets you drafted high in the NFL now, but he can play it and is one hell of a zone corner. His ball skills may be as good as any corner in this class, including the Claiborne and Jenkins. With all of this being said, if Hayward is there in the 3rd I sure as hell hope we take him. Minnifield however, I'm not nearly as high on. I see him as being a nickel corner and not really a starting option going forward. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but with as deep as this CB class is, I'd hope we can get a future starter in the 3rd to take Winfield's spot when he's done as he said he only plans on playing 2 more years, which would take him to the end of his contract.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would you guys feel about this: Bill Polian advocates Vikings-Dolphins trade

The entire article is insider, so you'd need a subscription, but basically Polian says that he thinks the Dolphins should trade their 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up from 8 to 3 for Tannehill. That would give us 8, 35, 42, 66, 72, 98, 128comp, 134comp, 138, 175, 210, and 223. We wouldn't land an elite player at 8, but could still get a really high quality player and then with all those 2nd, 3rd, and 4ths we could get several more starters and potential starters and it would also give us more ammo to move up for guys falling, etc.

I'd be upset about not landing Kalil or Claiborne, but if we were to hit on those 2nds, 3rds, and 4ths, then we'd be way ahead in our rebuilding process.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How would you guys feel about this: Bill Polian advocates Vikings-Dolphins trade

The entire article is insider, so you'd need a subscription, but basically Polian says that he thinks the Dolphins should trade their 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up from 8 to 3 for Tannehill. That would give us 8, 35, 42, 66, 72, 98, 128comp, 134comp, 138, 175, 210, and 223. We wouldn't land an elite player at 8, but could still get a really high quality player and then with all those 2nd, 3rd, and 4ths we could get several more starters and potential starters and it would also give us more ammo to move up for guys falling, etc.

I'd be upset about not landing Kalil or Claiborne, but if we were to hit on those 2nds, 3rds, and 4ths, then we'd be way ahead in our rebuilding process.
I wouldn't mind it either but I just don't see the Dolphins trading up to get Tannehill. The Browns don't seem interested in him so he would just slide to the Dolphins. But if this were to occur, I would be all for it. Sure we would miss out on Kalil and Claiborne but we could still end up with Rieff, Floyd, Blackmon at 8 and then in the 2nd we could address the 2 other needs that we didnt take in the 1st round. Never know who would be there at 8 but I just don't see this happening.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kalil, Jeffery and Minnifield would be sooooo nice.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for the Miami trade, I don't like it. I don't mind trading down but I think we should get more than a mid 2nd and 3rd. We are losing out on an ELITE LT and missing out on the other top guys as well.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The question Spielman would have to answer is who does he take with all of those extra picks to play LT. There is just not enough quality LT prospects. They would have to take Reiff at 8 just because whoever they'd get later couldn't come in a play from day 1, and Charlie Johnson should not be given one more snap as our starting LT. I'd be much happier staying at 3, getting Kalil, then addressing other needs later in the draft, with the CB and WR depth being far better.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Schefter was on one of the shows saying he really believes that the Vikings pass on Kalil even @ 3. Personally I dont like the idea at all, if we stay at 3 I think Kalil has to be the pick, thoughts?
Old 04-10-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
Adam Schefter was on one of the shows saying he really believes that the Vikings pass on Kalil even @ 3. Personally I dont like the idea at all, if we stay at 3 I think Kalil has to be the pick, thoughts?
IMHO, the only acceptable picks at 3 are Kalil, Claiborne, and Blackmon (in that order).

I'd much, much, MUCH rather have Kalil than the other 2 but given the Vikings recent record on first round picks, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt if they go with Claiborne or Blackmon.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:54 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Ravens fan, but I'm running the Vikings in broth's forum mock. Tell me what you guys think.
I traded #3 to Arizona for 13, 80, and a 2013 2nd.
I ended up getting Reiff at 13 and I traded 35 and 80 and a 2013 3rd for 20
I ended up receiving Stephon Gilmore there. This gives you guys bargaining chips for next year as well as allowed me to hold onto pick 66 for this year.

Results thus far:
Reiff
Gilmore

Making next year's draft: 1st, 2nd, AZ 2nd. I think since I did this for specific players that I did well, but in real life this would be awful. What say you Viking Nation?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
I'm a Ravens fan, but I'm running the Vikings in broth's forum mock. Tell me what you guys think.
I ended up receiving Stephon Gilmore there. This gives you guys bargaining chips for next year as well as allowed me to hold onto pick 66 for this year.

Results thus far:
Reiff
Gilmore

Making next year's draft: 1st, 2nd, AZ 2nd. I think since I did this for specific players that I did well, but in real life this would be awful. What say you Viking Nation?
I would be good with those picks, but you should have gotten way more for 3 than a 3rd and 2nd next year. That's just a terrible haul to move down 10 picks.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-12-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Veteran

Ya, getting Reiff and Gilmore is a good first round for sure, but like Marshallb said, not getting more for pick #3 is a bad trade down.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Results thus far:
Reiff
Gilmore

Absolutely robbed on your trade down. You should have gotten a 2nd and 3rd for going to 8. To 13, there should have probably been a third and future first.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just not sure how much we would be able to get in a trade down. If Cleveland's the only team that's willing to take Tannehill that high, then we're screwed in that regard. Either way, we better come out of this draft with a haul and a half.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have gotten more, it's just that there's a five minute clock and pre-draft trade negotiations were hard to submit. I anticipated having more time than I did. I'm going to draft a WR at 66. Hopefully Jeffery just takes a free fall, but in case that doesn't happen who should I target in the early third?

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 04-12-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too early to tell. A WR, safety, DT, or OLB would be good. Looking at that draft though you really ****** up lol.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Too early to tell. A WR, safety, DT, or OLB would be good. Looking at that draft though you really ****** up lol.
I mean I see why you may say that just because the value I gave up, but I really wanted to draft those guys and think they would be awesome for you. I think Gilmore is the most talented corner in the draft and there are guys I like in later rounds who at those positions. I would have gone Kalil, but if I could trade down and get Reiff then I think I would really do it. I'm really bummed that I couldn't really read trade negotiations before the draft or I'd be rolling in picks.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 04-13-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
I mean I see why you may say that just because the value I gave up, but I really wanted to draft those guys and think they would be awesome for you. I think Gilmore is the most talented corner in the draft and there are guys I like in later rounds who at those positions. I would have gone Kalil, but if I could trade down and get Reiff then I think I would really do it. I'm really bummed that I couldn't really read trade negotiations before the draft or I'd be rolling in picks.
I don't mind trading down and grabbing Reiff, but Kalil>>>Reiff + mid 3rd and a 2013 2nd. If you could have gotten anywhere close to solid value for that pick, none of us would have had a problem with it at all and would have been cool with it. Hell, you gave up damn near as much to move up for Gilmore as you got to move down from 3 to 13.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-16-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Where do you guys stand on Janoris Jenkins? Personally I love his talent at 35, but the thought of him and Chris Cook scares the hell outta me. I'm completely torn. What are the chances hes even on our board?
Old 04-16-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

I don't think we'd take Jenkins, although I would love it if we did take him. With all of the run-ins with the law that we've had the past few years, they've gotta be careful, and they've said that they're going to make it a priority to clean things up.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-16-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

With the draft a week away my dream first four rounds look like this:
1st - Matt Kalil -- OT -- USC
2nd - Janoris Jenkins -- CB -- North Alabama
3rd - Marvin Jones -- WR -- California
4th - Chase Minnifield -- CB -- Virginia
4th - Travis Lewis -- LB -- Oklahoma
4th - Ryan Broyles -- WR -- Oklahoma

I know I'm dreaming. Rip away...
Old 04-16-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
With the draft a week away my dream first four rounds look like this:
1st - Matt Kalil -- OT -- USC
2nd - Janoris Jenkins -- CB -- North Alabama
3rd - Marvin Jones -- WR -- California
4th - Chase Minnifield -- CB -- Virginia
4th - Travis Lewis -- LB -- Oklahoma
4th - Ryan Broyles -- WR -- Oklahoma

I know I'm dreaming. Rip away...
Personally, I'd rather see a S in there, probably instead of Minnifield. Winfield still has a couple years left and Cook will be back, on top of that, both Bowman and Carr who we just signed can be solid nickel/depth guys for the short term. I'd probably also rather go with a DT than Broyles. Probably someone like Mike Martin. I also prefer several other WR in that 3rd than Jones, but that's just personal opinion. I'd still be very happy if the draft played out that way, but I doubt that the draft would go this well for us.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 04-17-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a rumor floating around that the Vikes are really interested in Jeffery at 35. I would love to grab Kalil and Jeffery and I think they could go a long way in aiding Ponder's development.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7441/alshon-jeffery