Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-28-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

4th round is over and iloka is still on the board. Uggh wish we had a 5th rounder
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iloka just went to the Bengals, who are having an awesome draft. Right now per rumors the only guy left of the Jets' top 5 safeties is Trenton Robinson. From what I've seen of him he doesn't translate well to the NFL at all, so I'd be kind of disappointed by that. Other big school guys still on the board are Markelle Martin and Antonio Allen.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we go S, I want Martin or Allen. Or even the guy from 'Cuse.

Some interesting lineman still left are James Brown and Brandon Washington.

Plenty of small school corners left too.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Asa Jackson just went. Pretty much everybody but Datko and Ingram went before we took them in the forum mock.

Cam Johnson's a really interesting pass rusher who's still on the board.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We definitely need OL depth. Who are the top guys remaining on the board? What is the though on Brandon Washington? He's played a wide range of spots on the line and has some talent, although somewhat disappointed and was inconsistent.

A developmental pass rusher and coverage safety also need to factor into these next picks. I agree that Martin or Allen would be worth a look.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
We definitely need OL depth. Who are the top guys remaining on the board? What is the though on Brandon Washington? He's played a wide range of spots on the line and has some talent, although somewhat disappointed and was inconsistent.

A developmental pass rusher and coverage safety also need to factor into these next picks. I agree that Martin or Allen would be worth a look.
Washington was inconsistent at LT. He's a starting caliber OG and can maybe play RT.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Washington was inconsistent at LT. He's a starting caliber OG and can maybe play RT.
That's what I thought. From a team needs perspective in the back half of the draft, i'm not sure if it is a bad thing to get a guy who can play RT or G. I wouldn't be disappointed if we drafted him.

Quote:
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Definitely agree. Additionally from a team needs perspective I would't mind picking up somebody who's played center and can also swing to guard if necessary. Things really hit the fan when Mangold got hurt last year, O'Dowd's okay but has injury concerns, would nice to have an insurance policy.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

An improved backup C is a necessity. I agree we were a complete mess when Mangold went down. Can Turner play C? If he's healthy does that help us there? OVerall i think we need guys who can be serviceable at a few spots along the line.

On the close! Fingers crossed!

Quote:
Old 04-28-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Rob Turner? Pretty sure he's gone, Rams I think. Definitely agree with the point about guys who can play multiple spots on the line, which is why if they go with a C I hope it's a guy who can play guard too.

The pick is in...name is taking awhile to come up. I'm okay with taking Bush if they like him as a safety. Certainly potentially could be an upgrade over Eric Smith. Interesting over Martin and Allen.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

I don't get taking Bush over Matin and Allen. Bush seems like a special teamer to me. I don't even think Scott has him ranked.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
GET LOOSE
Veteran

GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.GET LOOSE wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

So does anyone know about Josh bush?
GET LOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Bush did intercept 6 passes last year...

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Well apparently i missed the Turner item. That moves up O-Line needs signficantly.

Bush is a shocker to me. I don't know anything about him.

Quote:
Old 04-28-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strange that we never brought this guy up before. He was an AP All-American. Haha. From the sounds of things, he seems more oriented to becoming that centerfield type of FS. Apparently he has CB traits, too. I like the pick!
Old 04-28-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

I'm gonna try to find some highlights later. The stats are pretty impressive (6 int's in 2011). A few sites I've looked on have him ranked very low or don't have him ranked at all.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Yeah I think he supposedly played some CB in the past. Six picks last year is nice, I've watched very little Wake Forest and there's nothing on youtube. I think this pick makes it clear that they're looking for a safety who they trust in coverage. Antonio Allen certainly wasn't going to be that guy, Martin's more of a zone guy, so they went with Bush. Given I think a cover safety and a centerfield time is more what they need, I'm okay with it.

Also for all of the talk of him having average measurables for a safety, he's not the biggest guy but he ran 4.51. That's fine to me at least. Certainly could've gotten better value, but I think he's got to be an interesting fit for the role they'll have him playing.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

3rd team AP All-American. FS traits to focus on coverage. I won't pretend I know about him, but i'm okay with the pick. Safety was a need, with a focus on coverage. Let's see how it plays out.

One of the next two has to be oline. Cam Johnson the other? Or who is the best fit for our OLB rush spot?

Quote:
Old 04-28-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Found this on CBSsports about Bush:

"A three-year starter, Josh Bush was a two-star CB recruit out of high school, choosing Wake Forest over James Madison, Appalachian State and East Carolina. After redshirting in 2007, he saw limited time as a back-up DB in 2008 as a redshirt freshman, recording 17 tackles. Bush moved primarily to free safety in 2009 as a sophomore and started 6 games, finishing with 25 tackles and 1 INT. He played both cornerback and free safety in 2010 as a junior with 8 starts, recording 33 tackles. Bush had his best season in 2011 as a senior free safety, finishing with 59 tkls, 2.0 tackles for loss, 5 pass break-ups and a team-best 6 interceptions, earning First Team All-ACC honors. Bush wasn't a top recruit, but fought his way onto the field and put in his time on special teams, culminating with a First Team All-Conference senior season in 2011. He is tough, but needs to show he can stay healthy and do a better job finishing tackles once he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Bush is a good (not great) athlete and shows the awareness and range to be effective in the second half of the field with experience at both cornerback and free safety. He doesn't look like much but can be a later round free safety pick with his heady, competitive skill-set."

"Strengths: Flexible athlete with good foot quickness and rangy speed to cover a lot of ground. Shows good awareness to watch the eyes of the quarterback, track the ball in the air and go get it. Does a nice job fighting for positioning in coverage, using his body to box-out the receiver. Flashes a tough, competitive drive and gets the most out of his ability. Has versatile experience with experience at both free safety and cornerback - 27 career starts in the secondary. Had a productive senior season, finishing second in the ACC in interceptions with six - totaled 115 return yards on interceptions, averaging almost 20 yards per return. Weaknesses: Bush has only average size and strength, lacking ideal muscle tone throughout his frame. Struggles on an island and doesn't have the recovery speed to hold up in man coverage. Has choppy footwork and doesn't look natural in his transition, opening his hips too early in coverage. Played mostly in the second half of the field with little experience blitzing or in press. Needs to do a better job breaking down in space and tackling through the ballcarrier in order to finish. Has some questionable durability and was often banged up over his career (hamstring and shoulder issues). -- Dane Brugler"
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I think Cam Johnson would be a good fit for OLB. Wouldn't be surprised if they take a small school guy, they gave Josue Ortiz, Ryan Davis, and Delano Johnson looks.

Not sure who the best fit on the OL would be but they've given some guys who played tackle in college and project to guard in the pros looks.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

From thejetsblog.com

Quote:
S Josh Bush (Wake Forest University) 5-11, 205, 4.51 40yd dash
Projection: 6-7 Description: Bush met with the Jets on Wednesday, April 11th. Shortly after the visit Bush told me, “I had a great time…great staff and great people working with the Jets!” Bush is an opportunistic defensive back with a nice feel for coverage. He picks up assignments, showcases an ability to get outside the numbers, and effectively tracks the ball in the air. Bush is very good at reading quarterbacks’ eyes, and has very solid instincts on the football field. He has good hands and is known for his ability to shut down the opposing teams’ slot receiver. Bush chases the action hard and works to defend the run. However, he does have some flaws. Bush needs to improve his backpedal. Furthermore, he overpursues the action on occasion. Bush possesses average size/speed numbers. Bush needs to do a better job breaking down in space and tackling through the ballcarrier in order to finish. Durability is unfortunately a big question. Bush was often banged up over his career (hamstring and shoulder issues). Regardless, if healthy, Bush has the chance to be an asset as a dime back/special teams player at the next level.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-28-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Will be interested to hear what they plan on him doing at the post-draft press conference. Honestly I wouldn't be entirely disappointed with taking Allen with one of the 4 comp picks. Obviously there are other needs, but I don't see Landry playing past this season with the Jets anyway, and frankly every game of this season either. Would be okay with having the better of Bush and Allen start alongside Landry this year and grooming the other to start next year.

I've heard they like Tracy Wilson too, but I'm glad they brought in somebody else at that spot. Hopefully Wilson, Bush, and Smith all compete for the starting spot across from Landry, and hopefully Wilson or Bush wins it.

Last edited by derza222 : 04-28-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I don't like the Ganaway pick that much. Nice feet, but there's 3 backs on the roster they drafted and he doesn't do that much on third down. Hopefully I'm wrong, I think there's certainly an opening to get carries and hopefully he takes it because I'd like a legit back. Certainly does add some physicality and power though.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still surprised no one is taking Polk, but I like Ganaway. It's clear we need some power, among other things, from the runningback position, and he can hopefully deliver.

Funny we took two Baylor guys in a row. Maybe we got the better Griffin!
Old 04-28-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Meh on the Ganaway selection. I prefer him over Bilal Powell though. At the very least, I think he's a good short yardage back.

I know nothing about the other Robert Griffin.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 04-28-2012 at 04:18 PM.