Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-05-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

STL: B-
I love the Quinn pick and I know some people are bashing Kendricks in the second but he'll be an extremely useful player with star potential (Pettigrew-like in terms of the perception of the pick, and like him, it'll work out). I just don't like the two WRs they took - they already have a bunch of mediocre, smallish, quickish, nothing-really-stands-out-about-them or maybe-they-are-above-average-in-one-area-and-below-average-in-every-thing-else receivers and they could've taken Quizz or T. Jones.

You are missing the point on the WR's. You said they already have of mediocre smallish WR's. But, you failed to mention that the Rams were near the bottom of the league in drops (or is it top of the league ? What I am saying is they drop a lot of passes). The two WR's the Rams pickes are 6'3 and 6'1 and over 215 lbs and have GREAT hands. The Rams were also a top 5 team in getting to the redzone and a bottom 5 team scoring in the redzone because their WR's suck. Pettis and Salas will help this out tremendousely, as will Kendricks. The Rams will use 2 TE sets and 4 WR sets and attack the middle of the field. This will open up holes for SJax because teams won't be able to stack the box. LB's and safeties are going to have a heck of a time covering Kendricks. Too fast for LB's and too big for safeties. As accurate as Bradford is, he will pick apart D's with these new weapons.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
STL: B-
I love the Quinn pick and I know some people are bashing Kendricks in the second but he'll be an extremely useful player with star potential (Pettigrew-like in terms of the perception of the pick, and like him, it'll work out). I just don't like the two WRs they took - they already have a bunch of mediocre, smallish, quickish, nothing-really-stands-out-about-them or maybe-they-are-above-average-in-one-area-and-below-average-in-every-thing-else receivers and they could've taken Quizz or T. Jones.

You are missing the point on the WR's. You said they already have of mediocre smallish WR's. But, you failed to mention that the Rams were near the bottom of the league in drops (or is it top of the league ? What I am saying is they drop a lot of passes). The two WR's the Rams pickes are 6'3 and 6'1 and over 215 lbs and have GREAT hands. The Rams were also a top 5 team in getting to the redzone and a bottom 5 team scoring in the redzone because their WR's suck. Pettis and Salas will help this out tremendousely, as will Kendricks. The Rams will use 2 TE sets and 4 WR sets and attack the middle of the field. This will open up holes for SJax because teams won't be able to stack the box. LB's and safeties are going to have a heck of a time covering Kendricks. Too fast for LB's and too big for safeties. As accurate as Bradford is, he will pick apart D's with these new weapons.
I agree with you on Kendricks. I praised the pick. I just don't think Salas or Pettis will prove to be better than Alexander/Amendola/Clayton/etc.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great read, past years too. I agree alot with you about things; Julio rated over AJ Green, Greg Little being an awesome player, and especially how the Falcons probably regret passing on Dez. He would have been an amazing player and while Dez vs Julio might make an interesting debate in 3-4 years it would have saved ATL from having to give up an arm and a leg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:38 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great write-up, fun seeing the last 2 years write-ups as well. Glad to see you like Aldon Smith and Colin Kaepernick, if we can solve our pass rush AND QB need in just one draft this will be a homerun. Those problems have plagued us for years.

BTW just curious, who are your picks for OROY and DROY? Usually its pretty obvious, just pick the highest rated RB and ILB, but this year both those positions were pretty weak.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like that you posted 2 years, shows you are willing to be wrong and admit it.
Like the hard work, don't always agree on your opinions, in fact sometimes I totally disagree, but for the most part pretty decent ratings.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
can i just lol at the moreno bit for a moment?

solid write up, and though i read it all (most of it [some of it {i'm still reading}]), i tend to agree about von miller, though i think that if we dedicate ourselves to getting some big bodies at DT in FA, the pick will look a lot better. the DEs should be very solid, and if our DC commits to a pretty heavy amount of blitzing from von, i think the pick will work out better than people think.

that said, if shanahan's "i don't want our linebackers to blitz ever" philosophy was still in town, i'd be calling miller the worst pick in any draft i'd ever seen.
I don't see anything wrong with the Miller pick. He will obviously blitz a lot and I expect him to average between 10-15 sacks a year for the next decade if injuries don't interfere.
People seem to forget that LB's did put up huge sack #'s before the 3-4 was used, they had to be fast but if they were they were quite capable.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I don't see anything wrong with the Miller pick. He will obviously blitz a lot and I expect him to average between 10-15 sacks a year for the next decade if injuries don't interfere.
People seem to forget that LB's did put up huge sack #'s before the 3-4 was used, they had to be fast but if they were they were quite capable.
I'm still waiting on those big sack numbers from Aaron Curry too.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Nobody was predicting huge sack #'s for Curry, it was a poor draft year which pushed him up and he offered a chance to be a solid player but hardly a real star.
Miller is a different animal, he is a sack monster. It doesn't guarantee he will be one at the next level, but all the scouts and GM's believe he will be because he has that type of talent.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Curry never was a sack artist in college though. People kept saying he could become a pass rusher but I never saw it.

Curry was an elite prospect though. He had everything you could want in a 4-3 OLB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Bald_81
Rookie

Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bald_81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with everything you said regarding St. Louis' draft. At first I hated the Kendricks selection, but I've come to understand it. I think they drafted Pettis and Salas (who are both very similar) with the hope that one of them will be a home run and a key contributor for us in the years to come.
Bald_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
CrankthatCrabtree
Rookie

CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great writeup. Really enjoyed your past years writeups.
CrankthatCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote