Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-14-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Triumphdog
Rookie

Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Savage View Post
Great post. That sums up my opinion on this years first round for the Lions.
Well atleast somebody agrees with me. Everyone keeps on talking about how a runningback isn't worth a top pick because they're out of the league or almost a non-factor after 5-7 years. Well if we were to trade up to get Trent Richardson and get 5-7 years of Adrian Peterson like production out of him, then it would be well worth it. Although I see him being more of a mixture of Ray Rice & Maurice Jones Drew with more power. Like I ended my post above with, it's "very unlikely".

With questions regarding last years picks (already), I feel the Lions may play it "safe" with this draft. I feel someone the Lions may target at 23, if Kirkpatrick & Gilmore are gone, is Peter Konz from Wisconsin. Although not the prospect that the Pouncey brothers were, I feel Konz would be a safe pick and someone that could possibly replace Peterman at guard and then move into a starting center posistion in 2013, replacing the chode.

For Dominic Railoa http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXssR4ayO18

Last edited by Triumphdog : 04-14-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Triumphdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that's too high for Konz, although I agree, Raoila has perpetually been my least favorite Lion. I am excited for this draft, I think someone really talented is gonna fall to us at 23. I could see a scenerio where one of the following falls to 23: Kirkpatrick, Barron, DeCastro, Reiff, Nick Perry, Coples, Mercelius, Gilmore. Think we are gonna be happy on draft day. Plus from 10,000 feet away I think there is potential for a good O-linemen in the second.
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

23. Detroit Lions: Doug Martin, RB, Boise State

With Jahvid Best and Kevin Smith both injury risks and Mikel LeShoure an apparent pothead, the Lions suddenly have a need in the offensive backfield that the versatile Martin would fill quite well after rushing for nearly 1,300 yards in 2011.

Oh god, do not like this pick

Who is on everyone's wish lists for the Mid to Late rounds?

I like:
Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas
George Iiolka, S, Boise State
Philip Blake, C, Baylor

Last edited by Fred Savage : 04-15-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, that picks kills me. I fully expect us to just pounce on BPA or trade for better value. we're not a reaching team. I expect either Dre or Jonathan Martin. We'd trade out of the 1st round with a team wanting Weedon before we'd take a RB there.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which, I'm going to guess that we end up with this kind of a draft

1) Jonathan Martin/Dre
2) LaMichael James/Jenkins
3) Trumaine Johnson/Josh Norman/Brandon Brooks
4) Cam Johnson
5) David Molk

Rest is a toss up

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-17-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Kirkpatrick/Gilmore if either are there when we pick otherwise maybe a Konz or a DE.

2) Trumain Johnson if we miss out on Kirkpatrick and Gilmore, Johnson won't make it to round 3. Miller RB, Sanders OT, Josh Robinson CB, Amini Silatolu OG and Jared Crick DE, are all possibilities when we draft in round 2.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I'm hoping that Vinnie Curry magically slides to us in the 2nd.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-17-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I'm hoping that Vinnie Curry magically slides to us in the 2nd.
I think this is gonna be a good draft. Judging by projections, looks like we are gonna fill needs with basically BPA on the board. Hope we do not take an Olineman (unless Decastro falls) over Kirkpatrick/Barron. Not a huge Gilmore fan, but wouldnt mind him over an Olineman. Just feel that this team is close and an Olineman wont push us over the top, but a good skill position player may.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to miss the draft. Have to work 8p-4a. Just going to tape it and watch it when I get home. I'm still pretty pissed though because my favorite part of the draft is getting on here.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:24 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Shane needs to have a live radio show for the draft instead of just streaming online.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-18-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting to be a big fan of David Molk in the mid rounds. Not sure where he is expected to go but it would be perfect to bring him in, have him back up Raiola for a year and Insert him as the starter. He really centered the Michigan oline last year.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wish list:

Josh Robinson
Vinny Curry
LaMichael James
Nate Potter
Keenan Robinson
Russell Wilson
George Iloka
And as a homer pick...Keshawn Martin
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I know is that if Doug Martin is the pick I'm breaking my TV.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
All I know is that if Doug Martin is the pick I'm breaking my TV.
I'll flip my table over and quit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'll flip my table over and quit.
I will wave my fist wildly in the direction of Martin Mayhew and stomp my foot a couple times, gosh darn it!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:15 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doug Martin rules.

I don't think we should pick him though.. unless we get him with our Round 2 pick.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mike adams failed a drug test at the combine...

our short list seems to be getting shorter

I really hope dre or gilchrist fall
Old 04-19-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping for Mark Barron. We should not have to suffer through another season with Spievey as a starting Safety.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barron is my top choice probably. I really have not followed this NFL Draft at all, but I'd love a safety to pair with Delmas.

Are there lingering injury concerns with Barron? I heard he had some issues a couple months back ...
Old 04-19-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Barron is my top choice probably. I really have not followed this NFL Draft at all, but I'd love a safety to pair with Delmas.

Are there lingering injury concerns with Barron? I heard he had some issues a couple months back ...
Torn right pectoral muscle in 2010 I think.. and then he had double hernia surgery in February this year.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

My top choice is probably Dre Kirkpatrick then Gilmore, Barron, Konz.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I bet we pick Vontaze in the 6th Round.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

29 OG/T Amini Silatolu Midwestern State Sr. 6-3 320 (Trade with Ravens; Should pick: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State). Upset special of the first round. The Lions loved Silatolu when he visited them, and they probably can't wait until their second-round pick (54th) to get him. Powerfully based and more explosive than he looks at 6-4 and 312 pounds, he could succeed Jeff Backus at left tackle, where Silatolu dominated Division II opponents for two years.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1sdXxQQzg

Oh god, I like the trade back if Kirkpatrick/Barron are not there, but oh my, I would puke in my soup if this happened. Reminds me of the Millen era, didn't this guy put up like 5 bench press reps, division II offensive linemen ftw!!!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Savage View Post
29 OG/T Amini Silatolu Midwestern State Sr. 6-3 320 (Trade with Ravens; Should pick: Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State). Upset special of the first round. The Lions loved Silatolu when he visited them, and they probably can't wait until their second-round pick (54th) to get him. Powerfully based and more explosive than he looks at 6-4 and 312 pounds, he could succeed Jeff Backus at left tackle, where Silatolu dominated Division II opponents for two years.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1sdXxQQzg

Oh god, I like the trade back if Kirkpatrick/Barron are not there, but oh my, I would puke in my soup if this happened. Reminds me of the Millen era, didn't this guy put up like 5 bench press reps, division II offensive linemen ftw!!!!!

What in the holy **** is Gilmore doing in the top 10? Reiff at 18? Why wouldn't we just move up for Reiff?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-21-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
What in the holy **** is Gilmore doing in the top 10? Reiff at 18? Why wouldn't we just move up for Reiff?
We would. Reiff would be worth it. On a side note, I read today that Philadelphia is shopping Asante Samuel again for a 5th-6th round pick. That'd be a great value. Even if he is only a stop-gap player for the next 2-3 years, it would decrease the need to draft CB by at least 1-2 rounds.

What rounds do you think we'll pick QB and RB?
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote