Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-21-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

P.S. Gilmore is getting a lot of top 10 marks from the main draft "experts."
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
We would. Reiff would be worth it. On a side note, I read today that Philadelphia is shopping Asante Samuel again for a 5th-6th round pick. That'd be a great value. Even if he is only a stop-gap player for the next 2-3 years, it would decrease the need to draft CB by at least 1-2 rounds.

What rounds do you think we'll pick QB and RB?
I'm sure they'd love to add Asante but they can't fit his contract under the cap.

RB - Any where from round 2-4.

QB - I don't see them drafting one before the 6th. No reason to.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Scotty D : 04-21-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless they are Revis, Aso, or a physical freak like Patrick Peterson then I'm not a big CB in the top 10 fan. IMO, he is more projection than production. He's deservedly a first round guy, but I'm not going top 10.

They've had trouble moving Asante because he won't take a pay cut and teams are getting maxed.

I'm thinking 3rd-5th for RB and 5th-late for QB. However, if LaMichael James or Weedon are still there in the 2nd then I would be tempted to take them. Weedon has everything a starting NFL QB needs. I think his ability would trump the loss in value from 2nd-3rd at RB or other positions. However, I do hope we majorly address the oline. That's priority number 1.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prowler, you are killing me. Weeden? 28 year old back up QB in the second?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-21-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Prowler, you are killing me. Weeden? 28 year old back up QB in the second?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we're going QB, then he'd be the best value at the end of the 2nd round. I hate the rest of them. Dre/Weedon/Zebrie or best case scenario: we end up with Kirk Cousins or Kellen "I'm a practice squad qb" Moore.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-21-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's almost 29 years old, so please just never consider that again.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-21-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

lol, he's mature enough to be a quarterback in the NFL. I hate 22 year olds.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-21-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think Weeden would be a great pickup for us if we can move up into the late 2nd to get him. A career backup is all we really need, and that would be a role Weeden could play very well. Especially after spending a year behind Stafford and Hill.

I do see the need for a QB, but only with the right kind of value. Weeden at the end of the 2nd...or maybe like Wilson in the 5th or Ryan Lindley in the 5th-7th round. If those guys are around, they could be groomed and traded a la Kevin Kolb.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I think Weedon is the 3rd best Quarterback in this draft, but he's being undervalued. He's Carson Palmer without the suck factor. Sit him for a couple of years and we have a 31 yr old backup with all the potential of most everyone else's starters.

Obviously I would prefer to wait until later, but valuewise...he's dripping with value in the 2nd.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-21-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I think Weedon is the 3rd best Quarterback in this draft, but he's being undervalued. He's Carson Palmer without the suck factor. Sit him for a couple of years and we have a 31 yr old backup with all the potential of most everyone else's starters.

Obviously I would prefer to wait until later, but valuewise...he's dripping with value in the 2nd.
No.......no..........no..........no. No. No. No.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-21-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

in fact...we should probably just use our first rounder on him to be safe.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-22-2012, 06:29 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
in fact...we should probably just use our first rounder on him to be safe.
Blasphemy sir! You have gone too far. I demand you shut up.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
We would. Reiff would be worth it. On a side note, I read today that Philadelphia is shopping Asante Samuel again for a 5th-6th round pick. That'd be a great value. Even if he is only a stop-gap player for the next 2-3 years, it would decrease the need to draft CB by at least 1-2 rounds.

What rounds do you think we'll pick QB and RB?
I don't think we have the cap space to sign Asante so the pick is insignificant.
QB in round 7 which by the way has the highest % of success for QB's outside of round 1.
I just don't completely know the status of all our RB's, if it stinks, round 2 is a strong possibility, if they are all healthy, then a much lower pick.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Yeah, if LeShoure's Achilles is ready to go, maybe not even a need at all.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I actually like Kevin Smith because I haven't gotten around to getting a Stafford or Calvin jersey yet and he's all I have left.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 04-22-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Triumphdog
Rookie

Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoever the hell thinks that taking Weeden in the second round is a good idea is smoking crack. That 2nd rounder needs to be RB, CB or OL.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphdog View Post
Whoever the hell thinks that taking Weeden in the second round is a good idea is smoking crack. That 2nd rounder needs to be RB, CB or OL.
Or Vinny Curry!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

I'm increasingly optimistic about the Lions' draft this year. We're actually in a very advantageous position. We don't have any needs that we can't address. This is actually a very strong DB class, and I think 2 of our needs can be addressed between rounds 2-5. Even if we snagged up a guy like George Iloka or Phillip Thomas in the later rounds, that's a win. What else do we need? Depth at OL, depth at LB, any BPA's along the D-line, maybe plug in a RB. Nothing that's so pressing that we need a guy like Claiborne or Kalil.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Triumphdog
Rookie

Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Triumphdog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still saying trade up for Dre Kirkpatrick in the 15-20 range. That's my most logical guess.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really not feelin this year's prospects outside the top 15.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphdog View Post
I'm still saying trade up for Dre Kirkpatrick in the 15-20 range. That's my most logical guess.
I think Dre is their guy as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-25-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our guy should be Mark Barron. He'd help our run defense out greatly and maybe he could cover a TE once in a while, unlike Spievey.

But we should probably draft a WR, since Calvin is gonna be on the cover of Madden this year..

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Our guy should be Mark Barron. He'd help our run defense out greatly and maybe he could cover a TE once in a while, unlike Spievey.

But we should probably draft a WR, since Calvin is gonna be on the cover of Madden this year..
I don't think Barron will make it through the 10 to 15 area.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2012, 04:52 AM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I don't think Barron will make it through the 10 to 15 area.
Agreed. In fact, I think we'd have to move up at least 10 spots to have a chance at him. That'd be too expensive. Especially when we could get a guy like Trumaine in the 2nd or Iloka in the 3rd.