Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 02-19-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind Zeitler in the 2nd. I think he's in that late 2nd-3rd round range. He gets the bonus points because he can play some Center in a pinch. I also like hearing that Peterman was actually terrible. It reinforces my prejudice against him and his horrible penalties.

I have no idea how we're going to cover all our needs this offseason. I think this is the year to play free agency like an auction draft. Let everyone blow huge money on the top guys with aggressive bidding and then have us raid the leftovers for a $1. Too many teams have $30-40m in cap room. I still don't even know what direction we should go in the draft yet. I can't wait for the combine and the start of FA.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I have no idea how we're going to cover all our needs this offseason. I think this is the year to play free agency like an auction draft. Let everyone blow huge money on the top guys with aggressive bidding and then have us raid the leftovers for a $1. Too many teams have $30-40m in cap room. I still don't even know what direction we should go in the draft yet. I can't wait for the combine and the start of FA.
I don't think there is much choice but to follow your advice. As for the draft, it will all come down to who falls to us in each round. We likely won't target anyone in round 1 but just wait to see how it plays out.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 03-14-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Perry has looked really impressive. Pretty much 6'3" 271lbs, 4.64 40, 35 bench reps, 38.5" Vertical, 124" Broad Jump. I don't follow much HS football here, but he went to MLK HS in Detroit. Local boy coming home?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-27-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Nick Perry has looked really impressive. Pretty much 6'3" 271lbs, 4.64 40, 35 bench reps, 38.5" Vertical, 124" Broad Jump. I don't follow much HS football here, but he went to MLK HS in Detroit. Local boy coming home?
I'd draft him but now sure if he'll be around. I missed most of the combine so I can't really comment to much on it. All I know is we need all those DTs to move up in to the top 20.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe how far Vontaze Burfict's stock has seemed to drop. His interview regarding character concerns seemed to be peppered with "yeah, but"s. 3rd round might be best case scenario for him now.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
I can't believe how far Vontaze Burfict's stock has seemed to drop. His interview regarding character concerns seemed to be peppered with "yeah, but"s. 3rd round might be best case scenario for him now.
lol yeah. I love this quote, "The coaches kind of messed me up. I didn’t know if I would start a game or be benched. It hurt me, but I tried to fight through it."

He had 17 personal fouls in 35 career games...yet he was kind of messed up by being benched for it. How miraculous of him to fight through that adversity.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...bine-continues -also sums his combine performance up nicely
Quote:
Burfict's official 40 time was 5.09, slower than 4 offensive lineman. His broad jump was around two feet shorter than the top performers. His vertical jump was only 30, no where near the top performers. In no category did he even make the top 15.
I think he's a 6th-7th round flyer.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-28-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate when guys have a ton of talent but can't get their head straight.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was in control of the Lions in the Forum Mock/FA Thoughts?

My Draft

23. Detroit Lions - OG Cordy Glenn, Georgia
54. Detroit Lions - CB Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina
87. Detroit Lions - C Mike Brewster, Ohio State
120. Detroit Lions - LB Terrell Manning, NC State
159. Detroit Lions - WR Devon Wylie, Fresno State
171. Arizona Cardinals (from MIN via WAS) - DE Olivier Vernon, Miami (TRADED TO DETROIT)

My FA

Signed:

Detroit Lions:
- OT Marcus McNiell - Mid
- OG Eric Steinbach - Mid
- S Brandon Merriweather - Low
- S Bob Sanders - Low
- LB Lofa Tatupu - Low
- OT Ryan O'Callaghan - VM
- OL Jonathan Scott - VM
- QB Drew Stanton - VM
- QB Tyler Thigpen - VM
- LB Bobby Carpenter - VM
- DT Shaun Ellis - VM
- RB Kevin Smith - VM

Lost

- Shaun Hill
- Jeff Backus
- Gosder Cherilus
- Leonard Davis
- Don Muhlbach
- Cliff Avril
- Andre Fluellen
- Stephen Tulloch
- Isaiah Ekejiuba
- Brandon McDonald
- Eric Wright
- Erik Coleman
- Chris Harris

2012 Depth Chart (pre UDFA)

QB - Matt Stafford > Drew Stanton > Tyler Thigpen
RB - Javid Best > Mikel Leshour > Kevin Smith > Keiland Williams
WR1 - Calvin Johnson > Titus Young > Rashied Davis
WR2 - Nate Burleson > Devon Wylie > Stefan Logan
TE - Brandon Pettigrew > Tony Scheffler > Will Heller
LT - Marcus McNiel > Jason Fox
LG - Rob Sims > Dylan Gandy
C - Dominic Raiola > Mike Brewster
RG - Eric Steinbach > Stephen Peterman
RT - Cordy Glenn > Jonathan Scott = Ryan O'Callaghan > Corey Hilliard

DE - Lawrence Jackson > Willie Young
DT - Ndamukong Suh > Sammie Hill
DT - Corey Williams > Nick Fairley
DE - Kyle Vanden Bosch > Olivier Vernon
OLB - Justin Durant > Bobby Carpenter
MLB - Lofa Tatupu > DeAndre Leavy > Ashlee Palmer
OLB - DeAndre Levy > Terrell Manning > Doug Hogue
LCB Chris Houston > Alphonso Smith > Aaron Berry
RCB Stephon Gilmore > Don Carey
SS - Amari Spievey > Brandon Merriweather > Chris Harris
FS - Louis Delmas > Bob Sanders > John Wendling > Ricardo Silva

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Backus isn't going anywhere. Sorry, it's hard for me to process all of it if I know right away something won't happen.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I was in control of the Lions in the Forum Mock/FA Thoughts?

My Draft

23. Detroit Lions - OG Cordy Glenn, Georgia
54. Detroit Lions - CB Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina
87. Detroit Lions - C Mike Brewster, Ohio State
120. Detroit Lions - LB Terrell Manning, NC State
159. Detroit Lions - WR Devon Wylie, Fresno State
171. Arizona Cardinals (from MIN via WAS) - DE Olivier Vernon, Miami (TRADED TO DETROIT)

My FA

Signed:

Detroit Lions:
- OT Marcus McNiell - Mid
- OG Eric Steinbach - Mid
- S Brandon Merriweather - Low
- S Bob Sanders - Low
- LB Lofa Tatupu - Low
- OT Ryan O'Callaghan - VM
- OL Jonathan Scott - VM
- QB Drew Stanton - VM
- QB Tyler Thigpen - VM
- LB Bobby Carpenter - VM
- DT Shaun Ellis - VM
- RB Kevin Smith - VM

Lost

- Shaun Hill
- Jeff Backus
- Gosder Cherilus
- Leonard Davis
- Don Muhlbach
- Cliff Avril
- Andre Fluellen
- Stephen Tulloch
- Isaiah Ekejiuba
- Brandon McDonald
- Eric Wright
- Erik Coleman
- Chris Harris

2012 Depth Chart (pre UDFA)

QB - Matt Stafford > Drew Stanton > Tyler Thigpen
RB - Javid Best > Mikel Leshour > Kevin Smith > Keiland Williams
WR1 - Calvin Johnson > Titus Young > Rashied Davis
WR2 - Nate Burleson > Devon Wylie > Stefan Logan
TE - Brandon Pettigrew > Tony Scheffler > Will Heller
LT - Marcus McNiel > Jason Fox
LG - Rob Sims > Dylan Gandy
C - Dominic Raiola > Mike Brewster
RG - Eric Steinbach > Stephen Peterman
RT - Cordy Glenn > Jonathan Scott = Ryan O'Callaghan > Corey Hilliard

DE - Lawrence Jackson > Willie Young
DT - Ndamukong Suh > Sammie Hill
DT - Corey Williams > Nick Fairley
DE - Kyle Vanden Bosch > Olivier Vernon
OLB - Justin Durant > Bobby Carpenter
MLB - Lofa Tatupu > DeAndre Leavy > Ashlee Palmer
OLB - DeAndre Levy > Terrell Manning > Doug Hogue
LCB Chris Houston > Alphonso Smith > Aaron Berry
RCB Stephon Gilmore > Don Carey
SS - Amari Spievey > Brandon Merriweather > Chris Harris
FS - Louis Delmas > Bob Sanders > John Wendling > Ricardo Silva
Secondary is scary, and not in a good way. DE is weak too.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To sign all those FA's would mean cutting even more starters. FA's on the open market always cost a bundle while resigning your own costs a lot less.

You team would not be possible without some more major cuts and your bringing in a lot of injured players who may be a shadow of their former selves.

This team doesn't need a major overhaul to be Super Bowl competitive next year, just better play from our younger studs with added experience.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would start with:
Janoris Jenkins CB - best cover corner in the draft/top ten talent
Brandon Washington OG - Potential inside is sky-high
Bruce Irvin OLB - Speed rusher with impact potential, very raw
Vontaze Burflict ILB - Boom or Bust, character issues veteran lockerroom
Donte Paige-Moss DE - Better than draft position
Devon Wylie WR - Can't coach speed, slot receiver
Jordan White WR - 6'3" 215 lbs., very productive. Homer pick.

I would probably not sign Avril and Tulloch and look to get Griffen at Safety and Hawthorne at OLB.
weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would start with:

I would probably not sign Avril and Tulloch and look to get Griffen at Safety and Hawthorne at OLB.
weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel View Post
I would start with:

Avril is already franchised.

I doubt they touch Jenkins with a ten foot pole, he is the very definition of a huge character problem. Winning teams avoid guys like this as if they are a plague.

Washington would be a nice pick in round 2 if he last till our pick.

Bruce Irwin might not last till round 3.

Burfect is another prospect that winning teams will avoid. He's slower than any MLB now in the league and totally erratic on the playing field, likely because he isn't fast enough to get there on a consistent basis.

Paige-Moss doesn't excite me one bit but in round 5, just maybe.

Devon Wylie, I like but could easily go before round 6.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you ask me I think Mayhew is going to corner a CB in round 1. He hasn't even looked at a corner in FA and is turning his attention to safeties and OGs.

He seems as if he does not focus very heavily on 1st round Olinemen. He has had his chances before and has passed them up everytime.

I expect his to add a CB in round one and focus on Oline after that.

If Kirkpatrick is there I don't see how we say no. With Greg Jennings and now Brandon Marshall in our division we could use a bigger CB type player. Lets be real, Houston cannot guard Marshall, I dont care how fast he is, cutler can throw it over him every time.

If we manage to Sign Landry and Add a 1st round CB our secondary has a whole new look to it
Old 03-14-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
If you ask me I think Mayhew is going to corner a CB in round 1. He hasn't even looked at a corner in FA and is turning his attention to safeties and OGs.

He seems as if he does not focus very heavily on 1st round Olinemen. He has had his chances before and has passed them up everytime.

I expect his to add a CB in round one and focus on Oline after that.

If Kirkpatrick is there I don't see how we say no. With Greg Jennings and now Brandon Marshall in our division we could use a bigger CB type player. Lets be real, Houston cannot guard Marshall, I dont care how fast he is, cutler can throw it over him every time.

If we manage to Sign Landry and Add a 1st round CB our secondary has a whole new look to it
Doubt Kilpatrick lasts till 23, not a likely scenario. We are pretty set at Safety so why waste more money on the position.

CB is a strong possibility if they really like what is left but I doubt they find Janoris Jenkins appealing, leaving Josh Johnson and Stephen Gilmore as possibilities.

I suspect they won't reach for either but you never know. I look for them to grab whatever falls into their lap whether it is a CB, LB, DE or OLman. They won't be too picky.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Sorry, my submit button went haywire on me but gave no indication of having posted so I kept hitting it.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Doubt Kilpatrick lasts till 23, not a likely scenario. We are pretty set at Safety so why waste more money on the position.

CB is a strong possibility if they really like what is left but I doubt they find Janoris Jenkins appealing, leaving Josh Johnson and Stephen Gilmore as possibilities.

I suspect they won't reach for either but you never know. I look for them to grab whatever falls into their lap whether it is a CB, LB, DE or OLman. They won't be too picky.
Why DE? Avril's franchise tag tells me that they are looking at OL or CB. I think there is still a chance that the Lions resign Tulloch with Calvin's new deal.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Pretty set at safety? Amari Spievey is ******* abysmal.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

It'll be pure BPA at a position besides QB, WR, TE, or DT. Everything else should be open. DE should be a good option because of potential value. Nick Perry or Mercilus could be really good players. Its worked out pretty well for the Giants.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-16-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

The reason I mention DE isn't about Avril, it is about the play of KVB. I noticed in the playoffs that he seemed spent and other teams really took advantage of his play and attacked him sensing a weakness. Just maybe he has lost another step and I don't want to go to another playoffs if he is a real weakness.

Now, there could have been other factors at play, perhaps he was playing with injuries that took a lot away from his performance but I completely trust the Mathew/Schwartz team to make the right decisions, so I won't complain no matter how the draft plays out.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KVB needs to switch to white contacts.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The reason I mention DE isn't about Avril, it is about the play of KVB. I noticed in the playoffs that he seemed spent and other teams really took advantage of his play and attacked him sensing a weakness. Just maybe he has lost another step and I don't want to go to another playoffs if he is a real weakness.

Now, there could have been other factors at play, perhaps he was playing with injuries that took a lot away from his performance but I completely trust the Mathew/Schwartz team to make the right decisions, so I won't complain no matter how the draft plays out.
This is KVBs last year and they need to work out a long term deal for Avril before July. Lo Jack is a free agent next year(hopefully they resign him) and Willie Young will be a restricted free agent. Drafting DE at some point may not be a bad idea.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

DE should have great value at our spot. Why take an inferior corner? Plus it is a premium position.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 03-20-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I bet we pick a QB in the 5th or 6th Round this year.