Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-07-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man, if Washington can sign Purke and he stays healthy, then WOW! they just got some more sick talent: Rendon, Meyer, Goodwin, and Purke!

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow the Nats are cleaning up right now.

I guess my boy from school is hearing anywhere from rounds 3-7 so should be comin up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Pirates. Bell was suppose to be ours.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I supposed to be even a little excited for any of these Tigers picks?

I thought this was the deepest draft in ages .......
Old 06-07-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Am I supposed to be even a little excited for any of these Tigers picks?

I thought this was the deepest draft in ages .......
I think the coffers are running out.

Did you see the Tigers are one of nine teams not in debt compliance with the MLB?
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6621842

They have spent big in the past so I can deal with not making a big splash for a year or two.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I think the coffers are running out.

Did you see the Tigers are one of nine teams not in debt compliance with the MLB?
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6621842

They have spent big in the past so I can deal with not making a big splash for a year or two.
I can't. How about not wasting money on free agents and keep the talent flowing into the system via the draft.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phils got Tyler Greene, pretty pumped about that pick; hopefully he signs.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My boy Zach Arneson goes in the 9th to the Yankees. Could be a future back end of the bull pen guy for them. Just started pitching in college and he is 95-97 with a filthy slider.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Mueller got drafted by the Braves in the 12th round. He went to high school 15 minutes from me, and goes to my college (DII). OF and P, likely gonna play OF in the pros.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

2nd teammate of mine goes in the 20th. Tyler Barrett to the Tigers, another kid who didnt start pitching till his freshman year of college. Lefty that is 88-92 ****** stud.

Quote:
Old 06-07-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude, I thought you were Zach Arneson. Aren't you Zach something on L-C State?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way, I watched every round of the draft today and I will complete the whole she-bang tomorrow. Would be my 3rd year completing such a task

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Dude, I thought you were Zach Arneson. Aren't you Zach something on L-C State?
Haha no I wish I just got drafted in the 9th round and pumped 97.

My name is Zach Clanton, I had the privilege of setting up Arneson

Quote:
Old 06-07-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indians took my buddy Cody Allen in the 23rd round. Friday starter for my school HPU. He has pretty electric stuff, surprised he fell that far. His out pitch misses bats a lot and his fastball was consistently in the low 90's. There were multiple scouts at every game he started this year and they seemed impressed with him. When I talked to him he said he heard he was going top 10-15 rounds, so really surprised to see him last that long.

Braves took John Cornely in the 15th round. Cornely is a hard-thrower getting up to 94/95 on the gun sometimes. He's been the closer for my summer league team the past two seasons and was dominant both years. Strikeout pitcher...should be a good reliever down the road. Guy is a clown though.

Braves also took 1B/C Troy Snitker from North Georgia. He has good patience at the plate, drawing a lot of walks. Tough to strikeout. Not a very big power hitter, but makes decent contact. I'm honestly surprised to see him drafted this high, I thought he would go much lower. His dad is the 3rd base coach for the Braves right now I think.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:19 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
Indians took my buddy Cody Allen in the 23rd round. Friday starter for my school HPU. He has pretty electric stuff, surprised he fell that far. His out pitch misses bats a lot and his fastball was consistently in the low 90's. There were multiple scouts at every game he started this year and they seemed impressed with him. When I talked to him he said he heard he was going top 10-15 rounds, so really surprised to see him last that long.

Braves took John Cornely in the 15th round. Cornely is a hard-thrower getting up to 94/95 on the gun sometimes. He's been the closer for my summer league team the past two seasons and was dominant both years. Strikeout pitcher...should be a good reliever down the road. Guy is a clown though.

Braves also took 1B/C Troy Snitker from North Georgia. He has good patience at the plate, drawing a lot of walks. Tough to strikeout. Not a very big power hitter, but makes decent contact. I'm honestly surprised to see him drafted this high, I thought he would go much lower. His dad is the 3rd base coach for the Braves right now I think.
Exactly what got him drafted so high. But what summer league did you play in?

Quote:
Old 06-08-2011, 08:13 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cubs got Dillon Maples in the 14th. Im guessing he is going to college?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cubs drafted a kid from my high school.Considering I graduated 7 years ago, I don't know anything about him, but I'm still excited. He may go end up going to college, but he signed with my alma mater so no matter what happens, I'm happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin. †One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one. †Awesome. †Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks.†
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rangers drafted Jonathan Taylor, Outfielder for the Georgia Bulldogs in the 33rd Round........that's really freakin cool.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...hnathan-taylor

Quote:
The Rangers used their 33rd-round pick Wednesday to draft University of Georgia outfielder Johnathan Taylor, who was paralyzed after an outfield collision in March and is considered unlikely to walk again.

Taylor fractured two vertebrae in his spine in a collision with teammate Zach Cone three months ago. Cone was the Rangersí second-round pick, and it looks like the team decided itíd be a nice gesture to select Taylor afterwards.

The paralysis has affected all of Taylorís extremities, so he is considered a tetraplegic. He has some use of his arms, but no feeling in his legs or fingers. Still, he is able to use his hands again and even play video games. Since his spinal cord wasnít severed, the hope is that his condition will continue improve with time.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't know much about them before the draft but i'm loving the D'Backs' Supp 1st & 2nd rounders now. Both are starters now but I think their future is in the pen because of our Starter depth(Kennedy, Hudson, Parker, Skaggs, Bauer, Bradley)

Supp 1st rounder Andrew Chafin, LHP had TJ in 2010 but was already back this year as a starter consistently hitting 93 while starting. And he has a slider thats been graded a 70 by BA could be a devastating lefty out of the Pen. Could already be considered a top 10 prospect in our deep system, possibly the #5 pitcher.

2nd rounder Anthony Meo, RHP was 25th on Law's final BB after being 19th the previous 3 times and is said to have #2/3 starter upside. But I think we are gonna make him a relief pitcher and my god what a nasty one he could be. As a starter he pitches around 94 mph but has hit up to 97 mph and may be able to consistently hit that as a reliever. His #2 pitch is some sort of plus breaking ball, described by Law as a slider and BA as a curve. He's 3rd pitch is a change up which is below average which is why a move to the pen makes sense.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...aftcentral2011

Quote:
1. Arizona Diamondbacks: Getting Trevor Bauer and Archie Bradley at Nos. 3 and 7, respectively, would be enough to give Arizona a nice bounty, but it was far from done. The D-backs got two more Top 50 guys in the supplemental first round and second round in Andrew Chafin and Anthony Meo, a pair of college starters who could always be shortened up to be quick-to-the-bigs relievers.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:45 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are some other top 2012 MLB prospects? Here's a few that I know of:

Mark Appel RHP Stanford
Lance McCullers RHP Tampa Jesuit HS (Fla)
Addison Russell SS Pace HS (Fla)
Kyle Hansen RHP St Johns
Jeremy Baltz OF St Johns
Kenny Diekroeger SS Stanford
Deven Marrero SS Arizona State