Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-15-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Eww not anywhere near the 1st round I hope.
Really? I've seen him in the first round in most mocks. I don't even think he'll be there at 29 for the Giants.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen him rated in the back half of the top 100.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've seen him rated in the back half of the top 100.
LOL. Wut? BA's latest mock had him at 31 to Tampa and Callis mocked him to Cincy at 27 three weeks ago. BA ranked him 27th overall in their midseason rankings in mid-April.

Who had him near 100? That's insane.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
LOL. Wut? BA's latest mock had him at 31 to Tampa and Callis mocked him to Cincy at 27 three weeks ago. BA ranked him 27th overall in their midseason rankings in mid-April.

Who had him near 100? That's insane.
It was Perfect Game or Law I think.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-15-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I'd be happy with Rendon or Cole. I think I'd rather have Rendon though.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Churchill of ESPN said Rendon could fall to the Cubs at #9. There is no ******* way thats going to happen right? I should find him and punch him in the face for getting my hopes up.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The favorite to go #1 overall in 2012 is SP Lance McCullers(HS). Mark Appel is the top collge pitcher from Stanford. OF Nick Williams, SS Kenny Diekroeger, and 3B/OF Trey Williams(HS) round out the top 5 according to PerfectGame.
Some other names to watch would be:

Kevin Gausman, RHP, LSU
Deven Marrero, SS, Arizona State
Steve Nyisztor, 2B, Rutgers
Jeremy Baltz, OF, St. John's

McCullers is consensus #1 right now followed by Diekroger.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kolten Wong is a guaranteed mid to late first rounder. Can you seriously deny his production this year?

.369, 6 HR, 41 RBI, 33/17 K/BB ratio, 21 SB. Can probably project to play the outfield as well.

I love Wong, but Borat, would you say he's maybe a little too much in the mold of Gary Brown for the Giants to take him?

Old 05-15-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there is not a chance in hell that Rendon falls to 9.

I like Wong in the late first, his bat is too good to pass up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A couple of players who I hope the Pirates take or look at if they're there in the second round are:

Anthony Meo RHP Coastal Carolina
Andrew Chafin LHP Kent State
Jason Esposito 3B Vanderbilt (I could see him fall a bit due to his bat, but his defense is top notch)
Aaron Westlake 1B Vanderbilt
Julius Gaines SS Hibriten HS (Ga)
Dillon Maples RHP Pinecrest HS (NC)

Out of the 6, I could see Meo and Chafin going in the supplemental round.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:33 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So baseball america's mock has us taking Archie Bradley....we just paid top flight money for Zach Lee to lure him away from his 2 sport commitment at LSU, and now they think we are gonna do it with this kid? Cmon

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Dylan Bundy's name has come up with the Pirates. It won't happen, though.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:00 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The thing is it's so cheap to buy these kids out compared to all the other expenses in baseball. It's stil a big market innefficiency in baseball. People just have a problem with in because you don't see a return on that investment right away.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-16-2011, 09:17 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayo's first mock will be out wednesday accordfing to his twitter page
Old 05-17-2011, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Umm wow. From Jim Callis Twitter.

Quote:
jimcallisBA Jim Callis
Sticker shock: Teams being told asking price on Dylan Bundy is 6 yrs, $30 million. For Archie Bradley, 5 yrs and $20 million.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-17-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

They won't get that. No chance IMO.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

They won't but I still don't remember ever reading about a demand that high except for Strasburg.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-17-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

My boy on my college team right now is expected to go in the top 7 rounds somewhere. Zach Arneson, throws 95-97.....guy is nasty.

Quote:
Old 05-17-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
My boy on my college team right now is expected to go in the top 7 rounds somewhere. Zach Arneson, throws 95-97.....guy is nasty.
Pirates love their hard throwing guys. I'd think he could get drafted by them.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

In Keith Law's first full mock he has the Pirates taking Hultzen. He has Rendon 2 and Cole falling to the Royals at 5. If you want your pick and descripition feel free to PM me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-17-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In Keith Law's first full mock he has the Pirates taking Hultzen. He has Rendon 2 and Cole falling to the Royals at 5. If you want your pick and descripition feel free to PM me.
why would Law get my hopes up like that?I know it's not happening
Old 05-18-2011, 12:30 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Pirates love their hard throwing guys. I'd think he could get drafted by them.
Yeah, they really do! haha....so do the dodgers, Hes getting his dick sucked by just about everyone right now though haha.

Quote:
Old 05-18-2011, 08:12 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
why would Law get my hopes up like that?I know it's not happening
Even if he did fall out of the top 3 I can't see Baltimore passing on him. I think they pass on a HS pitcher, Dylan Bundy as Law says, after the Matt Hobgood experiment and nab Cole at #4.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:13 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Is Lindor anywhere near the product that Machado was last year?

Old 05-18-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Is Lindor anywhere near the product that Machado was last year?
Not quite Machado caliber, but definitely a Top 10 talent.