Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-08-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
It is to be expected, the writers just to be on top of their game to make sure they don't drastically change something that will handcuff them in later seasons.

If they see a minor character becoming too popular, it is ok to write other minor characters parts into theirs, but not if you risk having to change the story in season 4 because now one minor character had 10 minor charcaters parts and can't die.
This episode just kinda weighs on me. So far it seems to be the episode that deviates the most from the book. I think this is the fault of writer, Vanessa Taylor, whom was the one who also made up some scenes in episode 4 of season 2. She has also been the one who has written the lackadaisical scenes between Robb and "Talisa". Which comes off as a sappy puppy dog love scene from a modern teen flick on the CW.

Now don't get me wrong, the whole episode wasnt bad. The first 10 minutes were really good and the Jon/Ygritte scenes were good also, well except the part where Jon gets kicked by her and a chase ensues rather than Jon just letting her go. That might be because a story told by Ygritte is less thrilling than a snow chase...and why can't Quaran track Jon down. That is what he does right?

Glad this is the last episode of the season by taylor.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of glad I didn't read the books now since this is my favorite show.
I'd hate to be mad at it for being dissimilar to the book.

Oh, and I love Osha. One of my favorite characters.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Osha got naked I was like "Wow, I did not see that coming!" Not because of the scene but because of the actress. I'll never be able to look at Nymphadora Tonks the same.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I want to know why Osha didn't just kill the **** out of Theon and have Bran and Riccan stay there safely with him dead. They could have just taken Winterfell back instead of running away. He was asleep! Right there! And she clearly has no qualms about killing.
...because Theon isn't the only Iron Islander in Winterfell?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
...because Theon isn't the only Iron Islander in Winterfell?
No, but realistically how many men could have came on that boat? Hell, kill Theon on your way out and come back with some men. It's one less person, and he just finished chopping the head off your Master at Arms. Why let him live?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Theon.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, but realistically how many men could have came on that boat? Hell, kill Theon on your way out and come back with some men. It's one less person, and he just finished chopping the head off your Master at Arms. Why let him live?
APS...
Old 05-08-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's been a year since the read the second book, so it could just be my memory, but I don't remember Osha lying with Theon, so killing him would just **** things up continuity wise. This is likely the main reason.

As for how many men, clearly enough to take Winterfell. Also, Osha is a wildling, she has no sentimental attachment to the Master of Arms.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-08-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And these are common folk. vs warriors, iron born be cray.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's been a year since the read the second book, so it could just be my memory, but I don't remember Osha lying with Theon, so killing him would just **** things up continuity wise. This is likely the main reason.

As for how many men, clearly enough to take Winterfell. Also, Osha is a wildling, she has no sentimental attachment to the Master of Arms.
Osha is also older and kinda busted in the books as well.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

I just realized something. The fifth book came out only last year, five years after the first. There are still two more books that need to be written. If HBO puts out a new season every year, even if the third book is split into two seasons as rumored, the fifth season/book would be completed maybe late enough for the sixth book to be released, but almost certainly not the seventh. Perhaps I'm thinking a little far down the line, but it seems the final season/book may be a bit of a predicament for HBO.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-10-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just realized something. The fifth book came out only last year, five years after the first. .
The first book came out in 96
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
The first book came out in 96
Sorry, meant fourth.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 05-11-2012, 07:16 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just realized something. The fifth book came out only last year, five years after the first. There are still two more books that need to be written. If HBO puts out a new season every year, even if the third book is split into two seasons as rumored, the fifth season/book would be completed maybe late enough for the sixth book to be released, but almost certainly not the seventh. Perhaps I'm thinking a little far down the line, but it seems the final season/book may be a bit of a predicament for HBO.
Martin is such a fat slob he will probably die before he can finish the books. So I see this show as the method for finishing the series when he croaks.

The timeline you mentioned is also the reason I am in no hurry to finish reading the books currently in print.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:50 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Martin is such a fat slob he will probably die before he can finish the books. So I see this show as the method for finishing the series when he croaks.

The timeline you mentioned is also the reason I am in no hurry to finish reading the books currently in print.
Yeah, it's pretty much a forgone conclusion that Martin will not live much longer. The TV writers already have his notes to continue the series once he dies.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just keep George Lucas away from the show and I have faith that it will be in good hands.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
just keep George Lucas away from the show and I have faith that it will be in good hands.
Yes please. If he gets anywhere near this show he'll **** it up with wookies and ****. I'm waiting for the seventh episode but the second season isn't as good as the first one IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, it happened with Robert Jordan.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Hey, it happened with Robert Jordan.
And the series got way better.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-11-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
to be fair, he wrote most of gathering storm and a good part of towers of midnight, iirc. don't disagree that it would've been nice if the previous like, 8 books had been condensed to 2, and he'd gotten to these sooner, though.
He had all the notes written out for sure, but I think most of Towers was Sanderson.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-12-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn you Theon!
Old 05-13-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are there only 2 episodes left?!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, 3. This show is so damn good

and damn Jon Snow is gonna get some action with Ygritte. She's dirty as f*ck
Old 05-14-2012, 02:51 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does this show get to me? It gets me so emotionally involved. I feel legitimate hatred deep inside for some characters. I hope King Joeffry and Theon die, extremely soon.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote