Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-24-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
This is turning into a bitter rivalry of the 2 threads.

I was a bit disappointed in "Feast for Crows." Not that it was bad, it's just "Storm of Swords" was just SO AWESOME that it sets the bar pretty high.
This is the truth but there was some really crazy parts to Feast For Crows. It sucked because I had to re-read Crows in order to read Dance with dragons which I haven't finished yet :/ Memorial Day Weekend seems like a good time for it. I can't wait to see how Cersei gets out of this one. I mean trial by combat seems too obvious and specially with all crap choices she has.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
I think we end the season with Joff's and Ygrette's death. Then we start some focus on Dorn, the succession of the Greyjoys and Tyrion's trial and escape as well as the missing plot points from the Epilogue of SoS.
I'm interested in seeing how the bring the Iron Islands back into the show. I'm guessing they can start from Asha's POV, but even then people are going to be like who the f is this chick.

Same with Dorne, the Viper is easy to introduce, but an entire new plot line, location and set of characters this far into a series will be tough.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I'm interested in seeing how the bring the Iron Islands back into the show. I'm guessing they can start from Asha's POV, but even then people are going to be like who the f is this chick.

Same with Dorne, the Viper is easy to introduce, but an entire new plot line, location and set of characters this far into a series will be tough.
I imagine that they can reintroduce Asha through the side Theon story line. Be it a lame "Oh I wonder what my sister is doing right now" or maybe a plot to escape, ransom note. Something like that.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 05-28-2013, 08:14 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Possible Spoiler.

Last edited by MaxV : 05-28-2013 at 09:41 AM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a bit of season four news;

Quote:
Auditions are being held now for season 4 – including Styr the Magnar of Thenn, Mace Tyrell and OBERYN MARTELL!!

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/05/gr...ar-being-cast/

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JGL would make a mean Red Viper... just sayin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i've wanted to randomly post about the red wedding in the no spoilers thread for a while. but i've been in a douchey mood for a while.
you're one of us (book reader)?

Old 05-28-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
JGL would make a mean Red Viper... just sayin.
Red Viper is older. The oldest Sand Snake is 25 I think.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It should be Timothy Olyphantastic. That's legitimately who I thought the entire time reading the parts with him in it.

I know it won't happen, but I can dream...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just read the first story from the Tales of Dunk and Egg. Great read, but now I'm even more anxious for the new book. 2 more short stories arent going to cut it
Old 05-30-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what happens to Rikon
Old 05-30-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
I just read the first story from the Tales of Dunk and Egg. Great read, but now I'm even more anxious for the new book. 2 more short stories arent going to cut it
I've read that they might use these books as a filler if the series catches up with the books.

Mad King is Egg's son, right? I'm sure George will write that he liked to burn toy soldiers as a child.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
I wonder what happens to Rikon
Spoiler

Old 05-30-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still can't believe that King Robert Baratheon died.. and it wasn't by heart attack.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I've read that they might use these books as a filler if the series catches up with the books.

Mad King is Egg's son, right? I'm sure George will write that he liked to burn toy soldiers as a child.
Filler as in the deals that Martin signed up with hbo?
Old 06-02-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love watching the epic freakout of all non book readers.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lady Stoneheart is gunna be epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess Jeyne doesn't come back and serve any purpose later.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
xjxdarren
Rookie

xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been reading AFFC and ADWD concurrently according to the recommended reading list ever since all the emotional shocks received in the third book. Right now I'm about 3/7 into AFFC and 1/4 into ADWD and feeling unfortunately that the actions have been underwhelming. Can someone who's finished these two volumes already tell me at which point the events start to pick up?
Old 06-02-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjxdarren View Post
I've been reading AFFC and ADWD concurrently according to the recommended reading list ever since all the emotional shocks received in the third book. Right now I'm about 3/7 into AFFC and 1/4 into ADWD and feeling unfortunately that the actions have been underwhelming. Can someone who's finished these two volumes already tell me at which point the events start to pick up?
Unfortunately they never pick up that intensively. The major plot points happen in the 3rd book, then the series kind of resets and sets up the 6th and 7th books. GRRM seems to hint that things that AFFC and ADWD set up will be resolved early in the 6th book.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
xjxdarren
Rookie

xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the response. It's been quite hard to go over even two chapters a day recently, in comparison to the 200+ pages after the RW in the book. Can't imagine tonight's episode will facilitate my speed any better.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Yeah the next two books aren't anything like the third but there are a few big time moments I think it is an event that nears the end of FFC and shows up again in the middle of ADWD.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 06-02-2013, 10:47 PM    (permalink
xjxdarren
Rookie

Then I'm just gonna push myself harder. Now evidently I'm starting to regret choosing the two-books-simultaneous route. The drawbacks of way too many "new" (only mentioned before) characters and their convoluted relationships are outweighing the supposed benefits of not having to wonder what Tyrion and others are up to while Brienne's out scavenging, and having more perspectives of same events from different POVs. Not to mention the fact that the excruciatingly long spans between each two chapters of the same POV makes it so much more difficult to keep finger on the story progressions.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I don't know if you've seen this. Its kinda weird but it at least gives some order to the books.

http://boiledleather.com/post/259025...ng-order-for-a

There is also this

Huge photo.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:

Last edited by Brothgar : 06-02-2013 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
xjxdarren
Rookie

That's precisely the thread that I've been basing my reading order on! Still sometimes it's gets too bewildering, especially the stuff happening across the pond that is the narrow sea. Not taking anything away from the list though, it's mostly spoiler-free and knits relevant stuff together. I'll keep following it.